Comments about the Story.

chase_breaker

With out getting into Spoilers, I just wanted to comment on something. I hate Fern. I'm on (I think) chapter 3, where you have to go get the key for the wasteland.

Any way not trying to give away too much but man I hate FERN haha. I can't say it enough.

I think I just wanted to say this because I've never... and I mean never actually had feelings of hate toward a video game character before but this game... this game makes me want to! :D

Ame this is awesomely written and I appreciate you and all your people who work so hard on making this game so great. I wish nintendo could do a game like this. I guess if enough people see this and play it and rave about it, they might!

That is all!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate the bastard to!! did the writer intend for us to hate his guts? i think that got accomplished very well. i hate him more than then gary mother fucking oak! i hope he develops soon because i hate him being in my presence!! as soon as he shows up and challenges me to a battle i keep hoping there is a button to press to reject his offer to battle or make him go away. i hope he develops as a character soon because right now he is ridiculous.

Fern.......I hope he dies

lol no but really although he is a complete ass wipe in the game you can't forget the fact that something might have....never mind there is no excuse for how thick headed he is, what I would like to know is how he is "the top dog" at the school (probably because his sister is the gym leader(sorry if this is a spoiler))

but yeah I think everyone who plays this game hates Fern......he is named after a plant..........and thinks he is the most important person in the world...

anyway I agree with you on everything here and I am happy to talk crap about an in-game character to take my mind off the people who are just as bad or ever worse than him in real life.

Fern sucks, but if we get into it, Victoria is really nice to us, and Cain is sort of date rapy towards us, (regardless of gender). So he serves his purpose. The only time I really hated Fern, (Since I teleported out of the Nuzleaf trap and returned to it already open), was when I beat him before facing Aya. Because he pushed my starter, Honey Badger the Typholsion, over the level cap. Also, giving my Gyrados and Gardevoir enough experience to pass the level cap mid gym battle. Thus, forcing me to attempt the gym two more times, just because half my team would not listen to me. Sorry Fern, you are too weak of an opponent that gives too much experience. The guy is meant to be an annoying punching bag.

From what i've learned, everyone in this game is a dick, an emo kid, a punk emo kid, or a transgendered sexual deviant. All in all, it's why I kept playing.

not Cain because he is my favorite! i thought he was annoying at first but he grew on me over time. and those cute little orphan kids that made me laugh.

The only time I've really hated Fern was when I was battling with him against Team Meteor. This was back when your partner only had one Pokemon, so he had a Budew. He kept using Stun Spore on already-paralyzed Pokemon, and he was using Water Sport against Rock- and Poison-type Pokemon. It basically ended up a 2 on 1 situation every time, because he had the battle knowledge of one of those packs of ketchup they give you at Wendy's. Then he had the nerve to call me a loser.

At the end of the story so far, I hate Fern just as intended like everyone, but am I the only one who felt he didn't start out to be an asshole? I understand the merit of having that one annoying douche of a rival but my original impressions of Fern were he had a sort of rude personality, but you'd eventually learn to get along like teaming up at the first factory. Maybe I missed some dialogue or something, but my impressions of him were stereotypical and barely aggravating rival (first meeting) -> begrudging ally with room for character development (factory) -> full on mega-prick asswipe (rest of the game). I just remember noticing a possible change of plans in writing or something. Maybe I'm crazy...

Edit: Maybe I'm lucky- Fern and I worked really well in the doubles.

Edited by AppleJuice

My favorite partner during double battles was with Shelly. Her Scyther and Yanmega were great.

Plus I really have a soft spot for bug types.

Edited by Aizen805

Well thanks to him, I constantly over level my Blaziken, which forces me to train other pokemon, which isn't a bad thing but he acts like a banana that wants to get eaten by a dolphin, unpeeled.

Lmao Fern's a complete douche and he talks sooo much trash even when he loses it's crazy. Victoria is annoying as hell too. Everytime I'm tryna do big boi things you feel me she come after me and think she's gonna STOP me. LOL. But seriously she's annoying. Cain's cool.. I guess but he says some borderline homo stuff lolol.

Ok, we don't have to hate Fern that much but yeah he IS super annoying!!! He gets his ass beat up every time and he still tries to intimidate you! he is so excessively stubborn!!! I mean, who could possibly like this guy?! :@