Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Magby.

Aizen805

Question

Hey everyone, i'm relatively new here, but i've been playing Reborn for about a week now. Ups to Amethyst cuz it's well done in my opinion. Anyway, I recently reset like a million times to capture the Elekid holding the electrilizer. It was successful after awhile, but my question is can I find a Magmarizer on the Magby? I've reset it probably double what I did for the Elekid and i've still yet to find one on it. It would make sense that you could find one on it, but if anyone has any insight or just thinks i'm crazy for trying this feel free to respond. Much appreciated.

23 answers to this question

• Administrators

Iirc someone did indeed confirm that Magby can hold it.

Of course I didn't count on that happening... Rest assured these items will be included in the game at a future time.

Iirc someone did indeed confirm that Magby can hold it.

Of course I didn't count on that happening... Rest assured these items will be included in the game at a future time.

Now the question is can Porygon be holding an Up-Grade I'm about to test this theory myself. :P

Now the question is can Porygon be holding an Up-Grade I'm about to test this theory myself. :P

You know it might be possible. I don't think it is though because there is no history in any games of Porygon holding it, but I mean if you can get electrizer or magmarizer who knows.

You know it might be possible. I don't think it is though because there is no history in any games of Porygon holding it, but I mean if you can get electrizer or magmarizer who knows.

Ame will probably have in the mall to buy when you get enough stickers.

Blah. I'm at like 300 resets already and haven't found one yet. Doesn't seem like it's possible to find a magmarizer on a Magby, but hell I could just be really unlucky. I guess i'll keep trying tomorrow, but it doesn't make sense that you could get an electrilizer and not a magmarizer. Anticipation kills me.

Elekid and Magby are not known to hold Electirizer or Magmarizer. However , it seems like both of them have been confirmed. So it could be quite possible.

• Administrators

If you mean in general, Elekid and Magby most definitely are capable of holding their respective evolution items in the wild- as I recall that was the only way to evolve them in D/P because you had to use the dual slot thing to find wild ones that were holding it.

If you mean in the game, well, since you battle Elekid normally it's entirely possible for it to hold one, but it's been so long since I've gotten Magby I don't remember if you actually battle it or not. If not, then that would probably be why you haven't gotten one yet.

Let me clear this whole Magby and Elekid thing up. Like most of you have already known Magby and Elekid can both hold their respective evolution items in the wild. In Diamond and Pearl specifically. Mainly because you can't find them in the wild in White and Black or White 2 and Black 2. But there was a 50%/5% chance of them holding it in the wild depending on the version. So as Amethyst has said many times she didn't anticipate them to be holding them. Electrilizer on Elekid has been confirmed by me and one other person (Sorry for not remembering their name.) There's a picture of it somewhere on the forums. Magby however has not been confirmed to hold it. My reasoning behind this is that it isn't a pokemon that is caught during a battle, it allows you to take it without any struggle. I've tried reseting to get a magmarizer on it about 500 times because it's much quicker seeing as how you don't have to capture it everytime, but i've still came up with nothing. It might be because it's not encountered in a battle and why Elekid has the electrilizer upon about a 1/50 chance. (Rough estimate and completely opinion based.) I would not recommend trying to soft reset for a magmarizer on a Magby, but it's not proven either way, so you're more than welcome to prove me wrong.

Let me clear this whole Magby and Elekid thing up. Like most of you have already known Magby and Elekid can both hold their respective evolution items in the wild. In Diamond and Pearl specifically. Mainly because you can't find them in the wild in White and Black or White 2 and Black 2. But there was a 50%/5% chance of them holding it in the wild depending on the version. So as Amethyst has said many times she didn't anticipate them to be holding them. Electrilizer on Elekid has been confirmed by me and one other person (Sorry for not remembering their name.) There's a picture of it somewhere on the forums. Magby however has not been confirmed to hold it. My reasoning behind this is that it isn't a pokemon that is caught during a battle, it allows you to take it without any struggle. I've tried reseting to get a magmarizer on it about 500 times because it's much quicker seeing as how you don't have to capture it everytime, but i've still came up with nothing. It might be because it's not encountered in a battle and why Elekid has the electrilizer upon about a 1/50 chance. (Rough estimate and completely opinion based.) I would not recommend trying to soft reset for a magmarizer on a Magby, but it's not proven either way, so you're more than welcome to prove me wrong.

500 times... You got heart. .-.