Zzz

Grey Enneract

I've only been playing this game for about a week now and you learn instantly that you have to think about the fights, especially gym leaders. Yes they are hard, but you can beat every gym leader. In fact you can do so multiple ways. It's just getting passed the laziness of having to train a lot of pokemon and utilizing the ones you have for their strengths. Think competatively when you play this game, not like any other pokemon series of game. Those games appeal to pokemon fans of all ages and therefore have a very low difficulty level to appeal to everyone. If that's your type of game, then this one isn't for you. You will die. A lot. You will have to train more than 6 pokemon and you will have to think competatively. ie. Toxic Spikes, Spikes, Status Effects. It's a good game so don't just knock it down because it's difficult. Give it a chance and invest a little more time into it and I assure you you'll feel more rewarded for doing so.

Up to you bro. Just saying I beat her. Everyone else did. I can't speak for everyone, but i'm pretty sure it was only like 2 or 3 hours of grinding. I played roms of every pokemon game that ever came out. It doesn't appeal to me as much as being challenged. People have their opinions.

Also, I would never in my lifetime of used a Hariyama, but that fat sumo devoured her Cradily after using Belly drum and had a resistance to rock. Also Kricktune with sing was pretty beast too. Whiped most of her pokemon easily. Gyrados did the rest. If you really are having a struggle i'd recommend those pokemon. Takes a bit of time to level them.

Edited by Aizen805

• Administrators

And of course there are several fire types available before her.

The highest level training area pre-Florinia has wild Pokemon I think up to level 22? That should be plenty.

That cap won't stop you from beating her- yeah, you're probably going to be pretty close to the cap, but you can beat her without going over if, like the others said, you work out a solid strategy.

Also, that poll is highly outdated and she has been changed significantly since then. She doesn't even have all the same Pokemon as she used to.

Now, I will grant, that Florinia is still stronger than she needs to be and that's already been changed for the next release. However, this is definitely a winnable battle.

Don't give up!

I started turtwig and used zubat, mankey and magmar to do work against her plus you can get a scraggy that can wreck her cradily so I think she's far from unbeatable. I don't think I had anyone over lvl 21 when I fought her.

I started with Totodile, and it only took two tries :P you can get Magby, Zubat, Pidgey, Pidove, Trubbish, Ekans, Scraggy, and Mankey, which all would give you some sort of advantage over her Pokemon. Plus, if you poke around Opal Ward enough, you'll find a rooftop you can train on with higher-leveled Pokemon to grind.

Also, thanks for the shoutout FeatherDuster :D