How far was I?

rwbonesy

I lost my save for the game sometime around July or so. I believe I was right after/at the Poison gym, maybe a bit more. I'd need to look at the ingame map. How far was I? About how much catchup in hours do I have to get about to where I was at, and are there any Pokemon I can use that will make the journey back that much quicker/less painful?

• Global Mods

Well, there's kinda 2 places you could be at. one isn't very far in, and picking up kricketune with fury cutter can be very helpful for a lot of the significant fights before that point. the other is maybe a bit over a third of the way into the game, so I don't think any one thing would help a huge amount.

Poison gym. Your pokemon could be level 28 or your pokemon could be around 40 to 45. 

No pokemon in particular helps until that point in the game. But people have said that choosing your starter as a speed boost torchic makes the game really easy. You can also make a post asking for someone to trade you pokemon and someone will probably give you what you want. 

Otherwise you'll just have to catch wild pokemon and make strategies to defeat gym leaders and bosses. This process continues the whole game unless you make a fixed team. 

Yeah, at that point there's nothing much around to help. There's an ice cave to the right of Beryl Ward. You can catch a Swinub in there. Don't let it evolve till level 37. At that level it learns earthquake. Then you let it evolve normally. Earthquake also makes the game easy. 

So for easy time you choose speed boost torchic and Swinub till level 37. Rest is all strategy. You'll have your solid team of 6 at level 50 so till then just make do with what's available till you find something you like. 

It should take you maybe 10 to 15 hours to reach level 50.