Spooky basement in Agate City [SPOILER]

MadHappy

7 minutes ago, MadHappy said:

You know the dark basement in Agate, the one a kid takes you to it? Is there anything there? I thought it was an event, as the music all stopped.

Spoiler

It gives a hint to a puzzle elsewhere.

Also please change your title and put your message in spoiler tags. Changing it to "A basement in a certain city (Spoilers)" could be one idea. The forum is on a spoiler lock for a month, so you can post anything pre-E18 without spoiler tags but E18 content must have vague titles and info in spoiler boxes.

7 minutes ago, MadHappy said:

You know the dark basement in Agate, the one a kid takes you to it? Is there anything there? I thought it was an event, as the music all stopped.

Spoiler

Hmm...you must be burning with curioustiy. (Note: that's a clue, not just me being a jerk.)

Spoiler

I.e. Where's a place associated with fire?

Spoiler

After repairing the stairs south of Calcennon City talk to the woman you find in there. She'll run to a hidden room behind Charlotte's gym. If you step on the tiles of the arena they will now change color. The pattern in that basement is the pattern you need on the gym floor in order to open up the secret room. You'll get a Charizardite X inside, as well as a clue for the final part of the side-quest.

Edited by wcv