Shiny Eggs

arceus342

4 minutes ago, arceus342 said:

Apologies if there's already a thread somewhere about this (I wasn't able to find it...) but do eggs that contain shiny pokemon contain the same asterisk marking that shiny pokes have?

nope, so you have to hatch them to know if they're shiny or not 😕

7 minutes ago, arceus342 said:

@Candy ah damn 😔 I messed up and didn't soft reset to get a shiny beldum so now I'm trying but it takes forever to hatch the friggin eggs. Thanks for the help!

use a talonflame/magcargo/ponyta/etc with flame body in the front of your party to halve the number of cycles for the egg to hatch

34 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Wait the flamebody mon has to be at the front of your party!? if this is true and I never knew this, I'm so dumb

You aren't 😄 I'm just used to it and type it like that. It just has to be in your party

• Global Mods
33 minutes ago, luis said:

You aren't 😄 I'm just used to it and type it like that. It just has to be in your party

pheeew. I would've had to laugh if the whole time I'd had a flame body mon in the back of my party doing nothing this whole time

9 hours ago, arceus342 said:

@Candy ah damn 😔 I messed up and didn't soft reset to get a shiny beldum so now I'm trying but it takes forever to hatch the friggin eggs. Thanks for the help!

I tried soft reset with eggs but kept getting the same IV. So does soft reset even work?

14 hours ago, Thakillatje said:

I tried soft reset with eggs but kept getting the same IV. So does soft reset even work?

You gotta save before getting the egg, then get it and hatch it before soft resetting to change IVs