Starter Teams Input

Askey307

Good Morning Guys

5th time I'm replaying this game, first-time episode 17. What did you guys choose for a starter team up to the second gym? Currently, mine consists of Swampert, Gulping, Mighteyna, Teddyursa and Whismur. Still looking what else to get. What did you guys use? Gulpin is always part of my team. Just love the green squish ball. Got mine as a red shiny. 

1 hour ago, Askey307 said:

Good Morning Guys

5th time I'm replaying this game, first-time episode 17. What did you guys choose for a starter team up to the second gym? Currently, mine consists of Swampert, Gulping, Mighteyna, Teddyursa and Whismur. Still looking what else to get. What did you guys use? Gulpin is always part of my team. Just love the green squish ball. Got mine as a red shiny. 

trubbish as it gets access to toxic spikes pretty early.

Mighteyna for moxie.

Awesome, however, I'm referring to pokemon up to the level of 24 not over yet. So I've been trying to search for a Makuhita and a Nidorino without success. I have to agree, Kricketune is amazing. I've started over again to go with Torchic. Just realised it's the only fire start gen 1-6 I haven't tried in Reborn yet. 

13 minutes ago, Askey307 said:

Awesome, however, I'm referring to pokemon up to the level of 24 not over yet. So I've been trying to search for a Makuhita and a Nidorino without success. I have to agree, Kricketune is amazing. I've started over again to go with Torchic. Just realised it's the only fire start gen 1-6 I haven't tried in Reborn yet. 

Nidoran is in the game corner for a lot of coins. Got to save that money.

Espurr's pretty good during early-game. Evolves fairly early (Lv.25) and has a decent learnset too. If you get a male Espurr, then Prankster Meowstic can be a great support Pokemon with dual screens and Misty Terrain (if you need terrain control).

poocheyna evolves at 18

trubbish learns toxic spikes at lvl 7, acid spray at 12, sludge at 18, stockpile at 23

Espurr any good actually?

Basically what @DevR said for male espurr which becomes male Meowstic. It walls pretty nicely and provides great support. This of course eats up a slot on your team so it means less offense. For terrain change just get a Budew and make it a Rosarade. It has grassy terrain which restores hp and destroys the opponent strategy. It won't work for Florina but rest all should be easy. Plus it's a decent attacker so that's a benefit.

If you choose female espurr then female Meowstic is a great sp attacker for the game because it does good damage. But Gardevoir does everything better and is the main core of many teams in Reborn because of dual typing plus damage and decent sp defense.

Overall you could choose to use an Espurr but know that there are better pokemon out there.

1 hour ago, Zander said:

Basically what @DevR said for male espurr which becomes male Meowstic. It walls pretty nicely and provides great support. This of course eats up a slot on your team so it means less offense. For terrain change just get a Budew and make it a Rosarade. It has grassy terrain which restores hp and destroys the opponent strategy. It won't work for Florina but rest all should be easy. Plus it's a decent attacker so that's a benefit.

If you choose female espurr then female Meowstic is a great sp attacker for the game because it does good damage. But Gardevoir does everything better and is the main core of many teams in Reborn because of dual typing plus damage and decent sp defense.

Overall you could choose to use an Espurr but know that there are better pokemon out there.

I can attest to this one! 😄 I use a prankster male meowstick, holding a light clay, with misty terrain, reflect, light screen and charm.

Quite useful against physical attackers 😄 And it helps me switch another mon and set up for (almost) free.