Greninja Moveset

UnicornJesus

Greninja is very useful. Personally, I prefer using it Special as it has a bit more base stats on Sp. Atk and the powerful moves it learns are mainly Special. If you want it to be Special Attacker, go with Timid nature and moves: Scald / Water Pledge (Scald is better but you get a bit late on the game, so Water Pledge will help earlier), Extrasensory (lvl up), Dark Pulse (TM from Luna), Water Shuriken / Surf (Water Shuriken helps break through Sturdies and Focus Sashes, Surf in Double Battle), change that latter move for Ice Beam when it becomes available. Also use Protean, you'll have STAB in every move.

If you prefer a Physical one, go with Jolly Nature and moves: Night Slash, Smack Down, Gunk Shot, U-turn / Toxic Spikes.

52 minutes ago, UnicornJesus said:

Thanks! So, since I´m already at late game, I´ll put Scald, Extrasensory, Dark Pulse and Ice Beam. For the held item, do we get access to Life Orb, or is that item still unobtainable?

Life Orb used to be obtainable in both e14 and e15 thx to the "strength glitch", but as of e16 and beyond the glitch has been fixed and it's not available anymore, I suggest either Focus Sash since Greninja can be frail or Expert Belt to further assist Greninja's already powerful Protean ability

1 hour ago, UnicornJesus said:

Thanks! So, since I´m already at late game, I´ll put Scald, Extrasensory, Dark Pulse and Ice Beam. For the held item, do we get access to Life Orb, or is that item still unobtainable?

You can find Life Orb on Absol. The chance is quite small, but not impossible. Just need a little bit time.

2 hours ago, UnicornJesus said:

I´ll put Scald, Extrasensory, Dark Pulse and Ice Beam.

Ice Beam is not obtainable on E17, unless you got it from previous episodes or know someone who did.

51 minutes ago, UnicornJesus said:

Btw, where can I find Absol?

If I'm not mistaken, you'll need to go to a small pond East of Calcenon city at nigh with an Ill-fated doll on your inventory. I don't know if hailing is needed. This is the place:

image.png.067d2c48e15c128e410c100f574475e6.png

It'll jump down the waterfall and start a battle. If you begin to waste to much time, ask on the forum, maybe someone can trade you one. I can't unfortunately. Good luck!

3 hours ago, UnicornJesus said:

Wait, only one appears? Oh man, I already have that one. I thought it was a spawn location 😕 

Thanks !

And you´re right, I think, Ice Beam isn´t yet obtainable...

There is like 1% chance of Absol appearing Wild in various locations including the Celestine Cascade (basically right outside Amaria's house) during the Day or Night but not the Morning and only on Land so in grass not on water

EDIT: also i got a Life Orb though the painful method of soft reseting the event Absol and it probably amused Ame to know the torments i felt at the Absol fainting itself when it had a Life Orb and wouldn't catch.

Well, Life Orb can be obtained quite easily through the thief - fling - recycle glitch. Just use one of the elemental monkey's (or another Mon who learns those moves) and battle one of the grinding people in grand hall or the clown who gives you shards if you win in the circus.

Find an opposing Mon with life orb, use thief, then fling and then recycle and you'll keep the life orb after the battle ends. Keep in mind that this is a glitch and you should feel bad if you're going to abuse it.  I'm just telling you to get a life orb, not to get 99 Life Orbs 😋

18 hours ago, N1Dude said:

Well, Life Orb can be obtained quite easily through the thief - fling - recycle glitch. Just use one of the elemental monkey's (or another Mon who learns those moves) and battle one of the grinding people in grand hall or the clown who gives you shards if you win in the circus.

Find an opposing Mon with life orb, use thief, then fling and then recycle and you'll keep the life orb after the battle ends. Keep in mind that this is a glitch and you should feel bad if you're going to abuse it.  I'm just telling you to get a life orb, not to get 99 Life Orbs 😋

Saved my life xD, I´ve battled them countless times but didn´t know you could actually steal those life orbs! Thanks, and thank you to everyone else too. 

By the way, how do you teach the elemental monkey those three moves? I can only teach him recycle...

18 hours ago, UnicornJesus said:

Saved my life xD, I´ve battled them countless times but didn´t know you could actually steal those life orbs! Thanks, and thank you to everyone else too. 

By the way, how do you teach the elemental monkey those three moves? I can only teach him recycle...

They get fling at level 28 and recycle at 37, teach them thief by tm.

I cooked up a cheesy Greninja set a while ago, with trolling the AI in mind:

Night Slash

Shadow Sneak

Gunk Shot

Spikes

EV in Hp and Spd, with a berry (or, preferably, leftovers) for recovery. The idea was to make the most out of potential immunities changing the type can afford him, trying more to counter enemys coverage of the current type than to flat out nuke him with STAB. The cheese here was that you can usually predict what coverage move the AI will hit you with and jump type accordingly. This set would function as a lead to set up a few layers of spikes and reliably.