Amethyst

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

tfw the one of the people you lost to in provisionals was just a smurf

is actually somewhat reassuring.

I got matched with him in a normal game and he's like 'woah I remember you! and im like huh, and he's like oops it was when i was ranking for my friend'

So maybe I'm not that bad. Cool.

• Administrators

If you haven't already, try playing super mobile mids, or carry junglers. They're the most consistent roles to carry yourself with, imo.

define carry junglers?

Nah, to be a carry jungler you have to get fed to be able to do something relevant, which won't happen in every game. A damage Nocturne or Yi die instantly in teamfights if you try to go rambo.

If you want to carry as a jungler, you need to find a lane that you can trust and snowball. The best cae is a player who communicates with you, and you both time the summoners&buffs to make plays at that lane, and then all over the map. You can be 3/0/1 as Lee Sin within ten minutes, but if there is no communication or snowballing in lane, you'll have a much harder time than you can expect, trust me.

Nah, to be a carry jungler you have to get fed to be able to do something relevant, which won't happen in every game. A damage Nocturne or Yi die instantly in teamfights if you try to go rambo.

They probably don't really plan to go rambo, y'know; considering that they've built damage, they'll find ways to keep themselves safe (or their team will) so that they can maximise their damage output, like with any carry.

Gangplank's passive, his sustain, etc. makes him a swish choice for the jungle. Twitch is awesome because he has stealth and his whatever the hell his W is called.

And Fiora...I leave that to the pros. That's why she's crossed out.

If you want to carry as a jungler, you need to find a lane that you can trust and snowball. The best cae is a player who communicates with you, and you both time the summoners&buffs to make plays at that lane, and then all over the map. You can be 3/0/1 as Lee Sin within ten minutes, but if there is no communication or snowballing in lane, you'll have a much harder time than you can expect, trust me.

Both of those are stereotyped to initiate teamfights, when that's the worst possible thing to do when playing the damage variant of Nocturne or Master Yi. There are huge ways to protect yourself as damage Nocturne, as all he needs is Wits End to put out decent damage, which can get even better when you add something like BorK to the equation.

define carry junglers?

Junglers that can take kills and essentially carry the game with it; keep in mind, this is not always through damage. For instance, a fed Nautilus is absolutely fucking brutal, even though it's not the most damaging jungle. Damage Carry Junglers include Lee Sin, Nocturne, Yi, and Fiddlesticks (if you're not trash at him). Tank Carry Junglers include Nasus, Nautilus, Volibear, and occasionally Sejuani. Of course, there's also the standards, J4, Vi, Eve, etc., but I figured those would be obvious d:

Twitch hasn't been a good jungle since his rework, he's too squishy to easily jungle, with no real good way to clear his level 1, and still has a weak early game. Gangplank is one of my personal favorite junglers, but he's not much good either. He farms like a fucking champion, and that's about it. Outside of using ult to assist in ganks, your passive is not a relevant slow/or dot in 90% of situations. He does, however, excel at ganking bot, because he provides his ult, an AD steroid, and a cleanse for the support's CC (or ADC, I dunno). I would not, by any means, call him a carry jungler though.

Edited by Lunaethetic

> You're a veteran RTT since the birth of the genre in SEA.

> You played Dota more than Dota2/HoN/LoL/Smite/ [insert RTT name]

> You play the way you want (Like a troll!!)

> You still win...

Today I played LoL, last game was about 1 year ago. My summoner is still level 3, well it went 4 today...

> You try a game after 1 year.

> You don't care about the overall game.

> You play as a support with a Carry Hero/Champion.

EDIT : > You have a <1 K/D ratio.

> And you barely pay attention to the game.

> You still win.

End Result when comparing with DotA2 :

tumblr_lw9uw5AzJZ1qijazao1_500.png

Edited by Fiammazure

• Administrators

And? You have experience in the genre as opposed to the other lower leveled players that likely don't, assuming they weren't smurfs.

And I'm pretty sure everyone knows LoL is generally easier than Dota. Who did you pick though?

That feel when I decided to stop dishing out blame last night, man up, and own up to the fact that maybe that was the reason I was so bad.

Turns out I should have done that from the start.

sbk49VX.png

EDIT: I should mention that the Rengar game was Dominion, and in my more recent jax game Varus had two pentakills, one of which while protecting me from the other team while I went at it with Baron.

• Administrators

ironic how the people that actually actively play ranked are all stuck in bronze and i started off in silver but can't handle frequently losing so i never play ranked

• Developers

That feel when you're too scared to play ranked, because you're afraid you'll mess up and others will judge you for it.

That's how I felt at first

and then I started winning for a while and it was great

then i lost 3 times in row

i haven't played since

One of the big tips in gaining ELO: Set yourself a 2-loss-a-day-limit in ranked. Then just stick to norms til tomorrow. Losing streaks are often perpetuated by your own attitude/expectations because of the game you finished 5 minutes ago, and even if that isn't the case, you'll be fresh and ready to go tomorrow

-somebody who just fell back to silver 4 by playing 98472947823 ranked games in a row