So, any Halo fans out there?

Bearadactyl

I know there's one, and I haven't played with them as of yet. However, I'm interested to see how many members of this community play Halo. And, of course how many of you would be willing to play together.

It would be interesting to start up some form of Halo sub-community with Custom Game Nights and the like.

If you do play Halo, list your Gamertag and maybe we can paly together/send friend requests.

My Gamertag is: Nutcase Reborn.

Personally I like it, there are obvious balance issues with the game. But, overall I like what they've done. The Ordinance System is my least favorite thing, I think removing the static weapon spawns on the map and replacing them with "random" ordinance was a bad move. It takes a lot of the arena shooter feel from the game. Loadouts? Eh, I liked them in Reach so no complaints. The DMR is way over-powered in this game, which is also very annoying to myself. There are also a few useless weapons, but every Halo game has had them.

Spartan Ops is amazing, and I like how they're removing the Silent Protagonist Shtick with Chief. QTEs are stupid, and aside from that my final complaint is: The maps. The diversity of environments is almost non-existent to me. Sure, you have different themes to every map. But, overall I'm unimpressed. They focused too much on larger-scale games, and well to be honest it doesn't feel like the maps matter. They have this... CoD feel. You never stop to look around at the environments anymore. Everything is a little too gritty for my tastes.

Edited by Nutcase

I don't dislike that the master chief has changed and shows some emotions and stuff, but they kinda did it wrong and overplayed it.

As always, aircraft dogfights are kind of a silly afterthought they added to the game.

And i love spartan ops myself. Definitely way more fun with at least 2 players and I like how it doesn't reset you to an arbitrary respawn point if the whole team gets slagged. It would have been cool to occasionally play as elites and given a few lives and the task to kill/slow down team crimson. a little bit like L4D.

Ordinance drops are like killstreaks from cod, except they're all random like care packages. and they still do have the static weapon spawns, but are conveniently signaled by loud blasts like other ordinance drops. I admit though that they get really annoying and can really give the winning team an even bigger edge.

Yeah... i hate how some weapons end up being almost entirely useless.

anyways, Godot has it but can't do spartan ops until he gets a hd for his 360.

Kiozo has the game too but doesn't seem to play much.

Ice, who lurks the server, has played even more than I have but we haven't played together often either. But we do well.