Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!

Maqqy

..... these titles are really looking just exactly what they are, remakes. Remakes that comes with some notable features. Well, kind of expected it. Looks fun though! I'm still excited for this. It's a Pokemon game on the Switch nonetheless.

I think I'll let anything Pokemon Let's Go related pass for now (don't even want to get started on the handholding..) since these games are catered for the youngins, newbies and go players. GF can do anything they want since this is the experimental phase of Pokemon Switch. I'll put my critique on hold until Gen 8 comes. 

I don't understand any of these people saying another kanto remake is not necessary? Fire red and leaf green were made with gen 3 mechanics. Which means the special/physical split was still based on what type the pokemon move was rather than the individual move. 

But the real problem here is that when they recreate certain games they leave out the best part of the previous games. For example with the ruby and saphire remakes they were literal to remaking just ruby and saphire and left the battle frontier out. AND HAD THE AUDACITY TO REPLACE IT WITH A BATTLE MUSEUM OR SOME GARBAGE SINGLE BATTLE ONLY FACILITY.

Since Its a remake of yellow they are obviously not going to include the islands that fire red and leaf grean had just like they did with the ruby and saphire remakes.

I love the new wild pokemon feature and ofc the new graphics.. But just the first generation of pokemon for it is a huge drag..

I really enjoyed the new Viridian Forest video that showcased battles. My main worry at this point for the game was that battles would be like they are in Pokémon Go. That worry is gone now! I don't mind the Go-like catching mechanic so much. It's just a gimmick, but it'll be fun. I am curious about a couple things though:

1. How will EXP work? Hopefully it's not with "candies" like Go. If EXP is awarded through battles and evolution occurs normally, that would be fantastic!

2. How are these kids walking around Viridian Forest with Squirtles and Charmaders when they already have their starter Pikachu or Eevee? 

@Carnage I think by now we need to accept that nostalgia = Kanto is part of GF's game plan in Pokemon. Personally it's a good move on the business side but yes, it's a drag from core players.

@CodeCass 1.) Experiences are gained by catching Pokemon. 2.) Maybe it's just part of the demo to showcase the starters or something. Here's the guide I found pertaining to this: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-12-pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-eevee-guide-release-date-5010

These games being "designed for kids" runs contrary to its whole point.  I have a young niece and I don't want her to play this game because it'd instill a false idea of what Pokemon is.  If this was my first Pokemon game instead of Ruby version, I wouldn't be into Pokemon like I am today.

Also lol at them censoring Gary because "he was too mean".  He wasn't even actually an asshole in the games, people just projected it onto him from what they saw in the anime.

On 6/13/2018 at 9:25 AM, Carnage said:

But the real problem here is that when they recreate certain games they leave out the best part of the previous games. For example with the ruby and saphire remakes they were literal to remaking just ruby and saphire and left the battle frontier out. AND HAD THE AUDACITY TO REPLACE IT WITH A BATTLE MUSEUM OR SOME GARBAGE SINGLE BATTLE ONLY FACILITY.

I'm going to assume you know the Battle Frontier was an Emerald Exclusive and not a Ruby Saphire thing. and, as well, the battle mazon (I believe it what it's called) does have more than just single battles. single, multi, double and a fourth one iirc

11 hours ago, Wolfox said:

I'm going to assume you know the Battle Frontier was an Emerald Exclusive and not a Ruby Saphire thing. and, as well, the battle mazon (I believe it what it's called) does have more than just single battles. single, multi, double and a fourth one iirc

I understand they were remakes of ruby and sapphire, that's why I said they were literal. Yes the original ruby and sapphire didn't have the battle frontier but this is a remaster we're talking about they are supposed to improve the previous games.  The battle mason is a pathetic downgrade in comparison to emerald's battle frontier. If I seem hostile it's cuz I was super hyped for the third generations remaster specifically for the battle frontier, none of my hostility is meant for you lol. 

Edited by Carnage

1 hour ago, Carnage said:

I understand they were remakes of ruby and sapphire, that's why I said they were literal. Yes the original ruby and sapphire didn't have the battle frontier but this is a remaster we're talking about they are supposed to improve the previous games.  The battle mason is a pathetic downgrade in comparison to emerald's battle frontier. If I seem hostile it's cuz I was super hyped for the third generations remaster specifically for the battle frontier, none of my hostility is meant for you lol. 

I get that, but considering it was an upgraded version of Ruby and Saphire over Emerald, having the Mazon would already be an upgrade over not having anything (think of the positives and all that)