Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Coincidentally today I was practicing my own Link today on FG with mixed results as usual. However, what made this day a little different was I saw the first actually decent Cloud on FG. Below is my replay with this guy who stuck around for 2 matches. Keeping in mind, I lost the first match with Little Mac, versus Captain Generic Falcon.

What I noticed about Cloud is that.

- His killing capacity is pretty good on the Smash attacks

- That Down tilt is pretty good at combos if you don't get out of it.

- Limit Break is pretty good.

Still though, we each had our own share of mishaps, and I'd like to see what you gents think about it.

Oh and I also got pretty lucky on the old Bomb trick that gives you an "extra" recovery

i just noticed how easy it is to dash dance on cloud then on other character '-'

There's a lot of Melee players in my area coming over to Smash 4 to play Cloud (ex. Coastward). That dash dance is one of the main reasons why, along with how some of his aerials autocancel. As a fellow Melee dude I can totally understand the transition, he just feels so smooth compared to other characters like Mario after a bout full of dashdancing, wavedashing, etc.

With that hurtbox and how light he is hell no lol.

I am not trying to argue Mewtwo's tier position, but it is worth noting that Rosalina has the same issues you just mentioned.

Mewtwo is currently seen solidly in the mid tiers this patch. He has much better combos now.

Has potential to be top 20...but isn't quiiiite there yet. There aren't as many people labbing or maining him due to him sucking in previous patches as well as being DLC. It'll be a ways away before Mewtwo truly makes a rise in tier lists (even though Japan has had him in the mids the whole time).

damn that vinne/ally drama at dismantle 2, if vinne does indeed quit sm4sh, it's most likely only the competitive scene so he could still come back in the future whenever he's more financially stable and shit

also that doubles final at dismantle, very good watch y/y to bad nairo couldn't win both doubles and singles,,

Vinnie will very likely just drop Smash 4 altogether. I doubt he will return to the game in any capacity after this, especially once he gets dropped by his sponsor.

Ally isn't really an asshole per say (even though Vinnie + some others make him out to be one), but he has absolutely no filter whatsoever, and I can attest from having met the guy that if you can't get thick skin, you will not like him. He's that one loudmouthed yet cool dude in every community or circle of friends.

That being said, Vinnie made this waaaaaay bigger than it needed to be. He should never have pointed fingers; thanks to that, he just ended up making himself look like a spoiled shithead at Dismantle. Moral of the story: if you're going to start drama, at least be able to watch your own ass. This obviously doesn't just apply to eSports - always remember the repercussions if you're about to drop someone's name like that.

You could have defs won that Luigi game a lot more cleanly imo. First stock you were way too impatient. You were much better on the second.

Mario has some pretty damn quick attacks that you have to respect. Your idea of footsies and spacing what you could is probably the best approach until you can get a solid combo.