Help With Mono-Poison Team

chaoticangel97

Due to some...somewhat disturbing similarities and coincidences between us, I find myself wanting to follow in the footsteps of the Beryl Ward's own Gym Leader, Corey. Been playing Pokemon for......when did Blue come out again? 1998!?! Have I really been obsessed with this franchise for almost twenty years!?!?

That aside, despite my many years with these games Poison has been a typing I've never really used much, let alone tried a mono run with them. Was hoping I could get some help with choosing the "best" possible team composition/rotation choices to get me through the game the smoothest. Any help is appreciated.

Edited by chaoticangel97

I suggest:

Roserade with toxic spikes and grassy terrain (it creates the corrosive field with sludge wave)

sheer force nidoking with earth power and sludge wave 

tentacruel with soak, acid spray and giga drain

Salazzle with flamethrower and sludge wave

A- muk with crunch/knock off

Speed boost scolopede with baton pass, protect and megahorn

or a venomoth with sleep powder, quiver dance, bug buzz and psychic

5 hours ago, chaoticangel97 said:

Due to some...somewhat disturbing similarities and coincidences between us, I find myself wanting to follow in the footsteps of the Beryl Ward's own Gym Leader, Corey. Been playing Pokemon for......when did Blue come out again? 1998!?! Have I really been obsessed with this franchise for almost twenty years!?!?

That aside, despite my many years with these games Poison has been a typing I've never really used much, let alone tried a mono run with them. Was hoping I could get some help with choosing the "best" possible team composition/rotation choices to get me through the game the smoothest. Any help is appreciated.

i don't know much about building a team perfectly but I can trade you any poison mon eggs you want with egg moves to boot to help you on your way.

You can have like 10 poison types before the first gym, including a starter.  You don't really need outside help.  Poison is one of the easiest types to hit reborn with.

There are so many interesting pokemon, do not restrict yourself to a specific team. Try out many! Reborn as a game even encourages you to do so.