Pokémon X and Y! (Official Discussion Topic)

Nyrias

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's talk on potential hidden abilities for them.

Chespin (if Grass/Steel) - Clear Body, Sheer Force, or Shell Armor

Fennekin (if Fire/Fairy or Psychic) - Magic Guard, Cursed Body, or Inner Focus

Froakie (if Water/ Fighting) - Technician, Water Absorb, or Prankster

Tad bit OP for some of them, but damn if they aren't agreed with

My final evo type speculations are just really simple.

Chespin will become Grass/Dark

Fennekin will become Fire/Psychic,

and Froakie will become Water/Fighting!

Why do I think this? Frogidier is Frog and Brigidier (stated before). Brigidier is a military rank, thus making me (and others) believe it will be Water/Fighting.

Braixen resembles a sort of Witch, and witches involve magical spells. The twig in her tail would be the "wand," and as such, I believe Braixen will become Fire/Psychic!

Chespin.. I have doubts, but with the other two types I have, it's all I have. Grass/Dark? I don't know. Maybe it's evolution will support that. I think it might be Dark as it would give it an advantage against Braixen - a pretty much confirmed Fire/Psychic. Braixen's the same - Psychic > Fighting. Frogidier? Fighting's strong against Dark, Steel, Ground, Normal or Rock. Because of this, a possible other type would be Rock or Ground. But this would not work due to the other two's practically confirmed typing. If it were Ground, it's SECONDARY type would be SE against Fennekin's final evo's PRIMARY type. The secondary types should link together in another type triangle with the types I've stated. Dark > Psychic > Fighting > Dark. Rock is the same, and it would mean Braixen would not be able to do Super Effective damage - another thing that would be out of place.

By the way, when I say the paragraph about Chespin going on to be Grass/Dark, whenever I state Braixen or Quilladin or whatever, I do mean their final evolutions.

idk if i answered to this already so dont rip my head off but i said exactly that last month and everyone tried to argue me down , im glad some other think so too

fossil evolutions revealed.

tyrantrum.png

amauraevo.png

Edit @ 13:42: According to an interview on Polygon, it has been stated that no Kalos Pokémon will have a Mega Evolution within Pokémon X & Y.

Aurorus has a move called Freeze Dry, which is an Ice-type move which freezes the opponent but is said to be super effective against Water-type Pokémon.

Pokémon will gain EXP when a Pokémon is captured. The Pokémon Centers not only have the standard PokéMart, but will also have a place for you to change your outfit.

Giovanni seen in the kalos region character art.

Okay, yeah, that design is definitely fitting of a pokemon based off the Tyrant Lizard King, and the other dino looks noticeably less "girly" when evolved. Almost more masculine than feminine, even.

Giovanni in Kalos? Looks like things are gonna happen soon.

EXP gains when catching pokemon? Heck yeah! But also somewhat pointless, IMO.

Oh yeaaaah moar exp for me

..But I'm so sad there will be no Kalos Mega evos. Because I'm pretty sure anything that now has a Kalos side evo (i.e. Sylveon for Eevee) will probably not get any mega evos in the name of fairness (so no mega vaporeon/jolteon, etc.).

But the whole fossil thing is brilliant bro, I mean look at Tyrantrum (that's the big reddish one, btw) - It looks awesome.

EXP gains when catching pokemon? Heck yeah! But also somewhat pointless, IMO.

Do you know how much exp you lose by catching legendaries instead of smashing them into a pulp? Not much in the overall scheme, but it's still kind of a lot.

Also, I'm gonna look forward to seeing what other pokemon will get to learn Aurorus' freezing move.

The move Freeze Dry is definitely interesting since usually water types resist ice don't they?

If it was an exclusive move for it, that'd be cool. I need to find some other interesting reason to possibly use it with all those weaknesses it has... or I could just stick with 'it looks nice'. Might be just that since, personally, I like Rampardos better when it comes to design opinions of the T-rex lookin' one.

Oh, I was post 666 wasn't I? =3

Mikey shared this on FB but I'll repost it here: http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/19/4744438/pokemon-x-and-y-switches-up-the-classic-story-formula-to-focus-on

Cool points:

Will have all the pokemon from the previous games available. I'm still gonna import the shit out of my games to it. So yeah, we might not get as many new pokemon as I was expecting/hoping for, but that's cuz we get to catch 'em all. For reals this time. Sux for those of you with hacked pokemon, cuz the import program is gonna prevent those from crossing over. Fairer metagame, wot.

Pokemon are given real voice instead of the purely synthetic sounds from before. So I guess they spent some time getting audio already used in the cartoon series and recording more for those not covered in the show yet.

kinda like how the player search system will be in the bottom screen so you can trade or battle with friends if you happen to be online at the same time, instead of always having to arrange it before-hand.

Pokemon not likely to move onto wii u. Said it's because the handheld is mobile so you can go out and meet people. I say it's cuz wii u sales suck so far because system and library are really terrible right now.

Hint that they might work on a new, updated snap in the future. They should exploit the shit out of the hand held screen as the controller for the camera.

I guess they have been listening to fans lately. all pokemon from all regions, character customization, improved wifi visibility, more friends/rivals, easier to level up pokemon, easier to EV train and actually see the boost. Is this the pokemon game to end all pokemon games?

I'm kinda digging the rex evolution. I was kinda like godot at first in that it wasn't quite what I expected, but from other angles, you can tell the yellow crest on his head is meant as a crown, and the white frill is like the hem of a royal cloak/cape. And a rugged looking beard to the bottom jaw not unlike Drayden's.

I really wonder how they plan to balance out Aurorus's move that not only freezes, but is SE against water. Seems OP.

Each generation has introduced at least 100 pokemon so far.

I'm really hoping that X and Y will announce that many new pokemon (aka not mega evos) aswell, because as cool as it is to catch previous ones, I prefer to see new ones when it comes to new generations.

I liked how Johto did it; they added 100 new pokemon, but in their regional pokedex kept many of the original in too. If the Kalos region was to have around 100 new pokemon, and not much more than that, then it could work to be in balance with pokemon implemented from previous generations for a generally nice mix.

Here's hoping.

MAJOR EDIT: >the fossil evo's name is Tyrantrum how did I not notice this earlier

Tyrantrum

Tyrannosaurus

Tyrant

Tantrum

Game Freak never stop winning I love you

also good news for godot he retains his colour scheme from his base form