Pokémon X and Y! (Official Discussion Topic)

Nyrias

Masamuine... That's still just speculation. Admittedly, they are quite likely to be true (the ones he says are likely to be true), but they're still just that- speculation. Just wait for more details to be released before jumping to conclusions. THEN you can gloat when it turns out you were probably right without sounding like a ******.

EDIT: Also, it didn't see that one with the mirror. Can I haz a link, please?

Edited by NeoDarklight

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you call me an asswhipe or whatever for stating that other people believe the same info as me cause you al this its bs then you will ask me for a link of the trainer in the mirror if your talking about that "mirror" go find it on the pokemon x and y site , you people need some manners

• Administrators

Um? That was kind of blunt and unnecessary... did I say something I shouldn't have or something???

In any case I'd prefer it if I didn't have to merge four of your consecutive posts together, just saying. And that "you people need some manners" is like a textbook example of pot calling the kettle black. Down boy.

Anyway, the having deeper themes thing- do remember these games (and franchise as a whole) are still, at their base form, marketed towards children who may not take as much from such themes. Not a ruled out possibility though... Nothing really should be yet.

As for Mewtwo's Mega form, don't get Mael started on it, but personally I think it's okay I guess. A little overkill statistically unless stats are just moved around instead of overall increased... And it's already ubers anyway, but I guess we'll see what else ends up getting these forms before judging too specifically. And I'm so hyped for Mawile's anyway

@Masamuine: ??? Umm, what? I wasn't calling you any of those things. All I was really saying was don't post speculation as fact. The last sentence was pretty much just a joke. So really, that comment just seems completely hypocritical. ...Actually, you're sounding just like my best friend back when he was on that "barely legal" crap.

@Ikaru: About that deeper themes thing... I was only speculating, and I also said that, (I'm paraphrasing here) if they DID go and do that sort of thing, it wouldn't be anything really big.

Edited by NeoDarklight

• Administrators

...Ooh, I see, okay. Yeah, idk, but the fact that Team Flair is in it for money (so we know, anyway) tells me maybe the themes of the game will at least be more realistic, for sure, so I agree with that.

I don't believe any of that speculation...

Also if they do dual type the starters... I don't think it will go that way...

Something tells me that it will be Grass Fighting, Dark Fire, and Psychic Water...

I can see Chespin into a hatted fighter, feniken either into a sphynx or another Ninetails, and froakie has a merlin/ben franklin Powdered wig thing going on...

Froakie has too much of a scrawny-thing going on to be fighting type imo... jus look at other fighting types...

I don't believe any of that speculation...

Also if they do dual type the starters... I don't think it will go that way...

Something tells me that it will be Grass Fighting, Dark Fire, and Psychic Water...

I can see Chespin into a hatted fighter, feniken either into a sphynx or another Ninetails, and froakie has a merlin/ben franklin Powdered wig thing going on...

Froakie has too much of a scrawny-thing going on to be fighting type imo... jus look at other fighting types...

Tyrouge, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Hitmontop, Combusken, Breloom doesn't even really have arms, Meditite, Medichamp, Riolu, Lucario, Gallade, Scraggy, Mienfoo, Mienshao, Virizion, and Keldeo.

All scrawny.

You seems to look past the legs, but I get your point.

Its just froakie doesn't have anything fighting type themed imo...

I am predicting that he will be water psych becaise of his Wizardy feel, or mono water... I severly doubt he would be any type of physical attacker at all.

Hell the 3 starters might not even be fighting, dark, or psychic...

Idk 'bout you guys but everytime I see official artwork for chespin in action, he has like rocks and shit floating around him

@ Red , In all honesty I don't think the Mega Evolution looks that great to be honest, In my eyes, The current Mewtwo we have would of been a better fit seeing as he's a complete humanoid whereas this Mega Evolution has a VERY strong well... near enough almost complete resemblance to Mew, I understand that Mew is meant to be Original and the Idea/Fact that Mewtwo is a clone of Mew works well, But in all honesty the new Mega Mewtwo seems to me a better bit as normal Mewtwo and the current Mewtwo as the Mega, But then again everyone loves the current Mewtwo anyway XD

@Dom , I agree with Dom on the whole Froakie doesn't seem to fit the Fighting Type theme, But on the other hand there are a few Water/Fighting Types , IMO If there was going to be a Fighting Sub type on either of them, JUST from looking at the first Evolution at face value,Froakie does seem the most likely to go Fighting type, Feniken Looks like its gonna have the whole Naruto Kyuubi thang going on, Chespin looks like... Im not too sure to be quite honest lmao xD. But going on the possibility of Feniken being Fighting, There are Already 3 Fire/Fighting Type starts, Torchic never looked very Fighterish, But hey look at Blaziken He's a BEAST! xD , The Possibility of either Froakie and Chespin is plausible on the fact that I just mentioned, There are ALREADY 3 Fire/Fighting type starters, They really wanna make another one ? , I mean I'm all for another Fire/Fighting Starter lol, They're my two favourite Types and I get my favourite combo right at the start lmao XD :P , But back on the possibility of Froakie and Chespin being the fighting type, It would be interesting to see a Grass/Fighting Type , there are already a few Water/Fighting Types, but hey nothing wrong with a new addition :P , So that's what I gotta say on the matter of the possibility of who COULD be the Fighting type :P .... FOR NOW! xD :P:)

The Kyuubi thing makes me think of this possibility- Froakie's evos- Water/Psychic, Fennekin's- Fire/Dark, and Chespin's would be Grass/Fighting. Alternatively, Froakie's design combined with that wizard comment makes me think he could end up as a Water/Fairy instead. There's a superstition that's popular in Japan that says if you remain a virgin until you turn 30, you become a wizard, and may end up with a fairy bride. It's usually used as a joke.

EDIT: I'm thinking that Psychic and Fairy might be either A) Super Effective against each other, or B) Not Very Effective against each other, because of the whole science vs magic thing. Also, there's a good possibility of Steel Type being Super Effective against Fairy types, because, in nearly every culture I can think of, iron has proven to be effective against supernatural enemies in several famous tales.

Edited by NeoDarklight

The Kyuubi thing makes me think of this possibility- Froakie's evos- Water/Psychic, Fennekin's- Fire/Dark, and Chespin's would be Grass/Fighting. Alternatively, Froakie's design combined with that wizard comment makes me think he could end up as a Water/Fairy instead. There's a superstition that's popular in Japan that says if you remain a virgin until you turn 30, you become a wizard, and may end up with a fairy bride. It's usually used as a joke.

EDIT: I'm thinking that Psychic and Fairy might be either A) Super Effective against each other, or B) Not Very Effective against each other, because of the whole science vs magic thing. Also, there's a good possibility of Steel Type being Super Effective against Fairy types, because, in nearly every culture I can think of, iron has proven to be effective against supernatural enemies in several famous tales.

my 1st post stated that my posts were all opinions and the simple fact not to offend Fenniken is a fire/psychic typing when it evolves

Um? That was kind of blunt and unnecessary... did I say something I shouldn't have or something???

In any case I'd prefer it if I didn't have to merge four of your consecutive posts together, just saying. And that "you people need some manners" is like a textbook example of pot calling the kettle black. Down boy.

Anyway, the having deeper themes thing- do remember these games (and franchise as a whole) are still, at their base form, marketed towards children who may not take as much from such themes. Not a ruled out possibility though... Nothing really should be yet.

As for Mewtwo's Mega form, don't get Mael started on it, but personally I think it's okay I guess. A little overkill statistically unless stats are just moved around instead of overall increased... And it's already ubers anyway, but I guess we'll see what else ends up getting these forms before judging too specifically. And I'm so hyped for Mawile's anyway

in all honestly i don't like ya for nuffin exactly for your stuck up attitude and how you speak you seem like a know it all and 2ndly i did say opinion maybe you should think what your words do to people before you write it

...*sigh* Masamuine... Please try to learn how not to be a hypocrite. You are coming off exactly the way you are describing us as coming off to you. I'm not trying to be all "high and mighty", nor am I trying to be snobbish, but seriously, you are coming off as considerably rude. Again, I am not trying to be stuck up, I am simply trying to help clear up misunderstandings, or better yet, prevent them from occurring. While you may have said that it was simply an opinion, your wording heavily implied that you believed it to be fact, and that you were trying to present it as such. That was where the problem lay. And that is what caused this whole series of accusations and presumed hypocrisy. Again, I am only trying to clear things up. If this seems snobbish to you, then I'm sorry, but I don't know how to word this in a way that doesn't. Please try to understand that, at the very least.

Edited by NeoDarklight

what is you sayin?

ok yea i meant satoshi it was late at night and i dont wanna hear your thoughts ikaru as to the info its not just rumors like i knew mawile was go get a evo, like sabelye stantler and dunsparce too idk why stantler was a candidtae tho, two 3rd gen 2 2nd

He is saying that samurott looks and is named like something that should be water/fighting, but gamefreak said "Nah, it'll just be water type." Game freak is a troll.

All we know is Mawile is getting a mega evolution. Everything else in bold is just speculation but as the others said, you keep saying things like those as if those are facts. Such things have not been announced by any legitimate representative. So rumors they are.

my 1st post stated that my posts were all opinions and the simple fact not to offend Fenniken is a fire/psychic typing when it evolves
n all honestly i don't like ya for nuffin exactly for your stuck up attitude and how you speak you seem like a know it all and 2ndly i did say opinion maybe you should think what your words do to people before you write it
you call me an asswhipe or whatever for stating that other people believe the same info as me cause you al this its bs then you will ask me for a link of the trainer in the mirror if your talking about that "mirror" go find it on the pokemon x and y site , you people need some manners

So... you're pissed people are disagreeing with your opinions, suddenly making them into high and mighty and rude? Ikaru was nice when he said the pot calling the kettle black. Really, it's the pot calling Casper black. It's all nice that some people might speculate the same as you. You've seriously been nothing but rude and ill mannered to anyone who's disagreed with you, and that just happens to be nearly everybody in this thread.

Also, posting multiple times in succession instead of editing your post if there are no replies in between is widely considered bad forum etiquette. If you think he's high and mighty to remind you of that... well, you really don't have a leg to stand on here.

This is my warning to you as moderator to simply agree or disagree based the merits of the argument as you see them rather than lashing out at people who disagree for the various reasons they've posted, just as others have done for you.

where the hell did that put on moderator preview option go?

Anyway..... Lets all get back to what the discussion is about shall we. Pokemon X & Y. Current sub-topic Who's gonna be the Sub type Fighting Starter :P , Seeing as we have had NO Confirmed confirmation from neither Gamefreak or any other Body Everything thus far and until reveal is all speculation/opinion/desires lol so yeah :P , To be honest seeing as my Favourite types are Fire/Fighting I'd love for Fenniken to be Fire/Fighting, There are already 3 Fire/Fighting Types and seeing as they keep making the Fire type starter the sub fighting type pokemon seems to me that its working well and everyone via face value seems happy with that, of which I am part of that group lol :P xD , So let the discussion CONTINUE! XD

Anyway..... Lets all get back to what the discussion is about shall we. Pokemon X & Y. Current sub-topic Who's gonna be the Sub type Fighting Starter :P , Seeing as we have had NO Confirmed confirmation from neither Gamefreak or any other Body Everything thus far and until reveal is all speculation/opinion/desires lol so yeah :P , To be honest seeing as my Favourite types are Fire/Fighting I'd love for Fenniken to be Fire/Fighting, There are already 3 Fire/Fighting Types and seeing as they keep making the Fire type starter the sub fighting type pokemon seems to me that its working well and everyone via face value seems happy with that, of which I am part of that group lol :P xD , So let the discussion CONTINUE! XD

I always pick fire(my favorite type)and I'm not sure how I feel about another fire fighting starter.

I go by what looks more appealing to me...

Ie

Charmander, Cyndaquil, Treeko, Prinplup, Oshawatt, and Chespin

I kind of do that it just so happens that I usually like the fire types, now that you mention it I think when I first played sapphire I did choose Treeko. It was so long ago though. Like most pokemon fans I have used all the starters and I enjoyed each play through.

For the love of all that is unholy, please no more fire/fighting starters!!

I want new stuff in starters, like Ice and ghost and bug and steel and dark and anything not used three times inna blasted row.

Fennekin is the one I'll prolly pick cause its the cutest, and I'd love for it to have some unique typing or abilities, not be a continuation of the unimaginative fire starters of the last two generations, "Hurr-durr, I dunno what to make dis pokey mans type, duh-uh I'll just do what we did last tiemz again"

The new Fairy type and the new mega evolutions mechanic seems like it will be a total game changer, I look forward to seeing how it works with the already solid battle mechanics. I also really like the design of the new legendary bird in pokemon Y X3

I believe Froakie will be the one with a dual Fighting type. I don't know, it just reminds me a lot of Croagunk and from seeing it jumping off a tree and throwing stuff seems like a ninja to me lol. I might as well choose him as my starter.

Since they're giving away a Fire/Fighting starter away once you get the game, I might go with Chespin :3 or go with Fennekin and only use Torchic as a Fighting type
(sorry Froakie, not picking you first like I did with the other water type starters in the other gens :C )