Fighting El/Dittoceus

roboticgamers

I made this topic mainly to discuss the desicion between Radomus and El and the following fight.

I just defeated dittoceus whilst siding with Radomus. At first i thought you were meant to lose the battle but i was quickly proven wrong.

the fact that Dittoceus was a lvl 75 was very discouraging but I didn't want to side with El since he just felt off even when you first meet him in Spinel town (i believe).

My team consisted of:

Manny the Mamoswine lvl 50

Hoodlum the Scrafty at lvl 56

Doge the Arcanine at lvl 56

Mickey the Raichu at lvl 55

Batsie the Swoobat at lvl 55

And Lazarus the Infernape at lvl 56

I had no clue to what i was going to face and got insta-wrecked.

The only member of my team that could survive one hit was arcanine so i was majorly screwed.

After i dont know how many resets i saw that some runs infernape could sometimes survive a judgement, that got me thinking of a strategy that could work without using any cheap strategies like a destiny bond,... .

I gave Infernape a fist plate i had recently found in one of the rocks just outside of the tower and would reset until it survived the first hit and retaliate with a devestating close combat (my infernape does have the iron fist ability) which i followed up with a mach punch, that was about half oh it's hp gone.

then i sent out Arcanine and hit it with a close combat and lastly a extremespeed that crit.

I was so happy that it was over and the fact that i didn't have to make up a cheap stategy like destiny bond, toxic stalling, etc made me even more proud of this achievement.

Now I would love to hear your stories, experiences or even tips or tricks to help those who still have to face off against this redicolously powerfull opponent.

Well in my first run I paralyzed the arceus using emolga and after that pretty much every member of my team was able to attack it once before fainting.

In my second run I used flash to lower its accuracy quite a bit (though used a few revives and ultra potions) and then it was easy to beat him. 

Don't remember the pokes I used though sry

You can lose to Dittoceus if you side with El, but why would you do that???

This fight, like the garchomp fight, requires some strategy and usage of status inflicting moves me thinks :P

14 minutes ago, Candy said:

You can lose to Dittoceus if you side with El, but why would you do that???

This fight, like the garchomp fight, requires some strategy and usage of status inflicting moves me thinks :P

Either this or just having a Perish Song Prankster Murkrow.

Other easy and popular ways to do it are paralyse + Destiny Bond or (Sturdy+Bulldoze)x3 for Dittoceus

It's more rewarding if you manage to do it "on your own" and without having to resort to those though

I tried to paralyze him but he had two full heals. So I ended up paralyzing him three times before he stayed paralyzed. I used revives and potions to get him to use all of his judgement move, then FINALLY I finished him off with Kommo-o.

Perish Song Prankster Murkrow: the answer to all of your 'fighting against overly powerful Pokemon' problems. Deals with those nasty Garchomp, undying Medicham and even pseudo Arceus! Get yours now in the Aqua Gang's base (regardless of which team you side with).

Edited by Silvermyst

Yeah i also have a absol called entropy which does have perish song but fighting those overly powerful enemies with your personal team creates such a strong bond with those pokemon and pride in your achievements.

Ps: where do you get garchomp?

Edited by roboticgamers

I win this fight using the Sharpedo I got from Aqua Gang. Equipped with Quick Claw+Destiny Bond. 

Paralyzing takes longer since El has 3 full heal and the only 100% chance paralyze move is glare, which Arbok have no prankster/sturdy. Using Sturdy Donphan+Scary face is better for this fight for quick claw alternative (also works for graveler alternative since it learns EQ and magnitude too but its encounter in Citrine mountain ain't as common as Graveler in Grand Bridge) 

And of course, 3 Sturdy Gravelers+Bulldoze/EQ/Magnitude works as usual.

Edited by Adramoelech

• 2 months later...

I think the easiest way to go is a calm minded special tank spiritomb 😛 I gave it a berry which recovers its health when below 25 percent HP. Grinded it to level 59.

use calm mind 3 times and let your berry heal you or if you don't have the berry you can always use pain split in your 3rd try and regain alll your health 😛

he uses only  shadow ball and if your lucky he will use his judgement which is a normal type attack and it wont affect you. Get to 3 more calm minds and voila finish the evil mayte off with 2 dark pulses 😛

SPIRIT TOMB IS JUST GG!!!!!

Used EV trained (252 Speed, 252 SpA) Espeon, Alakazam, and Jolteon and that was the fight. Oh yeah, and Blaziken to 1hit-ko it, obviously, as you live a hit and outspeed after one Speed Boost. 390 base power move (130 +  stab +  very effective).

Other than that you can use wonder trade where you sometimes get Mimikyu (Destiny Bond/Perish Song) or Gible. Garchomp only outspeeds on Jolly nature but at that point you already have access to the nature changer.