Gallade...

AlphaBran

Looking through both fighting and psychic types I come across Gallade, a combination of the two. At first glance this seems like it could be quite a helpful addition to my team, but then I look at it's move pool...

For starters it's stats seem underwhelming, but it's move pool turns me off completely. So I am seeking the counsel of those wiser and more experienced than I... 

Is Gallade worthy of consideration? What say you?

I have used Gallade once and it didn't disappoint me, but like you said: it isn't the best pokemon.

I've used this moveset:

Swords Dance - use this one time and you can almost OHKO everything

Psycho Cut - STAB

Close Combat - STAB

Night Slash - coverage against any Ghost types

If you switch him in when the opponent is using a special attacker, he has a good chance to set up Swords Dance and after that it hits really hard.

Conclusion: worthy of consideration

it is worthy. elemental punches, CC, Psychco Cut, Night Slash, Swords Dance. It's movepool may not be as big as Gardevoir (well, technically it is but the great moves are fewer), it still backs the same punch

Definitely worth the try. I used it on my 2nd playthrought and he performs amazingly due dual reliable STABs, decent coverage that does not rely on TMs/Tutors/Egg Moves and access to setup on Swords Dance. Other mon you should consider is Medicham if you ever plan to use Gardevoir and don't want to breed him for it.

Ow oops, you're right. I thought Pure Power only boosted the attack stat by 1,2x or something like that.

So, Medicham is a good alternative for Gallade and I think that they're just as good as each other.

Used medicham with pure power and I can attest that it's a pretty good fighter. Even though it's fragile, sometimes it surprises me by tanking hits I thought would be guaranteed death.