Theme Tournament XII: Generating Victories!

Kiozo

Hey all! Short notice tournament this time!

The tournament theme is in the generation you choose!

Basically; You're going to choose a generation. 1/2/3/4/5. You have to make your team solely based out of pokemon from that generation! So; no having a Scizor in a generation 1 team!

Otherwise, same rules apply. OU tournament for this, so you have good options but not the Ubers ones!

Clauses: Freeze/Sleep/Evasion/OHKO/Species/Self-KO

I know the clauses aren't all programed; but just get me the logs of where someone didn't listen and I'll react!

http://www.poke-plac...?showtopic=2571 for the original everything! Man I need to update that...

Credit to Ryan C for suggesting the theme he did! That goes a long way!

Feel free to sign up now, might as well not hold that off. Sign ups END at 8 pm EST!

(18:44:10) [星] Misa Amane: I choose gen 5, I have to make a team of pokes only in that gen?

(18:44:14) +Kiozo: Yes

(18:44:15) [星] Misa Amane: so no pikachu?

(18:44:27) +Kiozo: Right

Clauses: Freeze/Sleep/Evasion/OHKO/Species/Self-KO

I know the clauses aren't all programed; but just get me the logs of where someone didn't listen and I'll react!

Evasion and OHKO are Showdown's clauses, and not programmed on PO. I'll explain them because last tournament someone didn't get the message

Evasion includes:

• No Double Team or Minimize. However, Acupressure and Moody are permitted, as well as the items BrightPowder and Lax Incense, and the abilities Sand Veil and Snow Cloak.

OHKO includes:

• No Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure. But that really shouldn't be hard to figure out, and it usually isn't a problem anyway.

Oh, and I'm signing up too.

http://www.smogon.co...ms/brightpowder

http://www.smogon.co...ems/lax_incense

Brightpowder and lax incense both increase the holders evasion. they do no decrease opponent accuracy so i am not sure if they should be prohibited.

moody and acupressure should be no problem though

In this case, they're allowed because they don't bring up the kind of issues minimize and double team can cause. They're less jerk-ish if unlucky, and it's not as potentially fatal, so that's why they're allowed.

Evasion clause is here because there are certain generations who lack access to those moves/counters to those moves. Items are availible, if I'm reading the rules right, no matter what generation you're using, so it's not as much of a setback then.

And no I'm not joining I suck at this stuff