Refrain From Crying (#1 Peak)

Chemical

Refrain from Crying

Everything in RED is highlighted to give you a brief understanding if you are too lazy to read my descriptions, so please, for the love of Arceus, before posting useless comments, read what I typed.

Introduction

I love Rain teams, plain and simple. There is not a single team out there that can simply "stop" a Rain team. It's completely dominate compared to the other three weather users. Hippowdon/Tyranitar, Abomasnow, and Ninetales. Rain can be used in a handful of different ways too. Offensive, Stall, and Phasing. In my personal opinion, I prefer to use Offensive-based teams a lot. Not because Stall or anything of the sort is bad, but because I like a quick and clean victory. I have nicknamed my partners after fellow clan members, and friends I battle and enjoy my time with here on the Reborn Server. With that being said, let me introduce you to my newest and best team I currently have under my arsenal, peaking at #1 as of 12/11/12 with an astonishing 1578 ladder point.

69da095227cf89ab1ea3db1500537577.png

~At a Hucking Glance~

186.gif230.gif385.gif641-therian.gif 473.gif380.gif

Process of the Building

186.png

Politoed is absolutelyneeded to allow consistent Rain to the field.

186.png230.png

Kingdra is probably the best partner to go with Politoed, simply because with Swift Swim, Kingdra outspeed everything, I mean, EVERYTHING, under rain, aside from like a +6 Speed Pokemon >_>

186.png230.png385.png

The team so far was weak to Dragon and Grass, which Jirachi walls like a champ. Jirachi is also really good in Rain because you can utilize Thunder with Serene Grace for a monstrous 120 base attack, 100% Accuracy under rain, and 60% chance to paralyze.

186.png230.png385.png641-therian.png

Seeing that I'm using Rain, why not abuse that? Tornadus can take care of pesky Amoonguss, Keldeo, Breloom, Blaziken, Conkeldur, and basically anything that doesn't want to take a STAB Hurricane under Rain... Also provides the team some Ground immunity since he's Flying type, and also a decent Fighting resist.

186.png230.png385.png641-therian.png473.png

You may think I'm an idiot for using Mamoswine in Rain, but friend; you are so wrong. Mamoswine can break through ENTIRE teams by himself, there is only a few Pokemon that can stand up to him. Slowbro, Bronzong, and Skarmory, to name a few. Which the rest of the team obviously can handle! :D Mamoswine provides me Electric resist since he's Ground-Ice type, Ice shard can wreck through Rock Polish Landorus, Dragonite, Salamence, Breloom, the occasional Sand Veil AcroBat Gliscor, and Tornadus. Stealth Rocks is also a must for every team, and Mamoswine can easily pivot that move into his arsenal, while still having beastly moves to wreck teams. Thick fat also sponges Fire and Ice type moves by 50%, and with Rain up, Fire moves are cut by 150% against Mamoswine, making him OHKO Volacarona with EQ, survive a Flamethrower from bulky Ninetales under Sun and EQ, Genesect's Flamethrower, and many more scenarios.

186.png230.png385.png641-therian.png473.png380.png

Latias is my sixth and final member of this team. By looking at the glance you could easily see that I was weak to Thunderpulse Rachi, Rotom-W, Blaziken, and Venusaur. So what Pokemon fits this part better? None other than the infamous Latias :] Latias is a pure boss, like, shit... I don't know where to start. Latias' typing is amazing, and Levitate even helps that even more. She helps with my resistance to Electric, Fighting, and Ground. And can Roar out Baton Pass teams, or Thunderpulse Rachi's :D

~In Depth~

8fbf505d6bbd6904aac7e7ed897047f4.png?1355043892

Kamina (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Drizzle

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Scald

- Perish Song

- Protect

- Toxic

Genesect scouter is needed, Politoed plays this well. Always lead with Politoed and scout the Genesect, and make your move from there. Scald can help burn switched in Pokemon, or something trying to set up, like a Gyarados or Scizor for example. Perish Song is to help force out Baton Pass team, or if it's a late game situation, just hit Perish Song. Protect is to stall out the burn damage if given by Scald, Perish Song's count down timer, Scouting Pokemon, and stalling out Toxic's damage as well. Toxic is for Pokemon like Jellicent, Latias and Gastrodon, which Scald can't affect, but still makes them slowley die off. EV spread is given to max out survivability with HP, and also maximize the leftovers percentage received. Max Defense gives Politoed the most possible switch ins to Tyranitar's Stone Edge/Crunch's.

5eaf710cc21d9a345eab81554138a5c6.png?1355044326

Skwayz (M) @ Choice Specs

Trait: Swift Swim

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Draco Meteor

- Dragon Pulse

- Ice Beam

- Surf

Most overpowered Pokemon in the game at the moment. Movepool, Stats, STAB's, Abillity, everything.. Choice Specs is so powerful on this guy, giving around 430 Special Attack of the start, and 590 Speed under Rain, Kingdra can do some serious work. Double damage under Rain, 95 Base power, STAB, Choice Spec'd Surf OHKO's a bunch of stuff. To name a few, Tornadus, Gengar, Lucario, Genesect, and Scizor. Draco Meteor tears through a bunch of stuff as well, and OHKO's Multiscale Dragonite with Specs. Dragon pulse helps sweep when you don't want to lose your Spatt from Draco. Ice beam is for coverage purposes. Things like, Amoongus, Serperior, and Celebi. Timid Nature to help win the war against other Kingdras, and the EV spread is to maximize damage and speed output.

18c68824c2c60a6f7de2772f304fdd44.png?1355044799

FruitJuice @ Leftovers

Trait: Serene Grace

EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd

- Water Pulse

- Calm Mind

- Substitute

- Thunder

Jirachi is my Stall Breaker. This guy can switch into things like Latias, Chansey, Ferrothorn, Tentacruel, Forretress, Skarmory, Gyarados, Amoongus, Jellicent, man, the list goes on and on... Basically how to use this set to it's full abillity, just follow these simple steps. NEVER, NEVER EVER EVER, I mean, EVER, try and set up right off the bat on something like Gliscor because you have Water Pulse... Jirachi doesn't even sweep half the time, she is here to help break Stall, THAT IS THE MAIN PURPOSE. If you lose Jirachi to foolish play, Stall can break you so easily. Switch in on something I listed, get a free Sub, Calm Mind depending on their switch / play they made. If they see what you're up to, DON'T continue and try to do it, they will find something with Roar and you will lose the chance. Thunder is to cripple Pokemon, and then try and get more free subs and continue the CMind process. Water Pulse is 40% chance to confuse since Serene Grace, and is also x2 because of the Rain. you could alternativley switch Water Pulse with Psychic/HP Water, but where's the fun in haxing then? Water Pulse hits stuff like Donphan, Mamoswine, Gliscor, Excadrill, and a bunch more. NEVER try hitting something with water pulse when weak to them and not under a sub, that's just plain stupid. Max HP and leftys provide survivability and recovery, max Speed is to outspeed stuff obviously, and 4Spatt for a little added punch.

d358b166ea4dcb919ef6a3060827c85e.png?1355045432

DarkDesire (M) @ Choice Specs

Trait: Regenerator

Rash Nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- Hurricane

- Sleep Talk

- Super Power

- U-turn

Choice Specs Tornadus is pure boss. Hurricane OHKO's so much shit it's not even funny. Gengar, Haxorus, Salamence, Genesect, Keldeo, Blaziken, Amoongus, Breloom, Lucario, Starmie, Infernape, and everything else that doesn't resist STAB Specs Hurricane fall to this behemoth. A rapid spinner would be a decent idea for this team since poor ol Torny is weak to them, but he has Regenerator, so it's like it never happened. Sleep Talk is for switching in on Breloom or Amoongus' Spore, then Sleep Talking and trolling by hopefully hitting a Hurricane and OHKO'ing their ass. Bahaha shout out to DarkDesire raging over the first time that happened to him, hence the nickname's for him :] Anyways, back to buisness. Super Power hits a few Pokemon, Heatran, Rotom-W, Chansey, Blissey, and Tyranitar, which are commonly switched in to sponge a Hurricane, so just predict that and knock off some powerful damage. U-Turn is for keeping momentum going, and scouting basically, scout for the Ttar instead of Hurricaning something and get a gameplan going. Nothing else really to say but max Spatt and Speed is obvious, and Rash nature to outspeed Starmies and other things like Dugtrio. ***UPDATED Thanks to Rupe for suggestion for Superpower***

bbd0945ad938f3026d93b049008d7dfe.png?1355046092

Tyson (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Thick Fat

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Earthquake

- Ice Shard

- Stealth Rock

- Superpower

This set is named after Tyson because Tyson loves Piloswine. Thick fat is HIGHLY recommended, as it can sponge moves so much better, and knock off threats without hesitation. Earthquake is a powerful STAB that can OHKO most things actually. Ice shard is for KO'ing Rock Polish Landy, Techniloom, Dragonite, Salamence, etc etc. Stealth Rocks helps break Sash'd Pokemon, destroy Dragonite's MultiScale and then OHKO with Ice Shard, 50% to Volcarona, sponge Fiery Dance, and KO with EQ, and damage Sun Pokemon like Ninetales, Victini, and Darmanitan. Superpower deals with Blissey/Chansey, and Ferrothorn since the team lacks Psychical attackers to deal with Special Walls. It also helps KO a greedy user using an air balloon Excadrill trying to Swords Dance on Mamoswine. and none the less, Tyranitar.

Latias.jpg

Rupe (F) @ Life Orb

Trait: Levitate

- Roar

- Psyshock

- Surf

- Recover

I was actually very weak to Sun teams before I added Latias. If they switched in Ninetales on Toed, I had no safe switch for a Solarbeam/Fire Blast. Latias sponges both those moves, and also has roar to phaze out Baton Pass users, and most importantly, ThunderPulse Rachi. My team was easily get swept by Thunderpulse rachi too, and I had nothing for Rotom-W, or Blaziken at +2! So when I say Latias holds this team together, she really does, lol. Psychock hits Tentacruel, Conkeldur, Infernape, Blaziken, Breloom, Amoongus, Venusaur, and Keldeo. Latias also walls every single one of those Pokemon I just listed. Surf can be switched for Dragon Pulse, but I really like surf. Surf is double boosted under rain, providing a nice 1-2HKO depending on HP on Scizor, and around 35% to Spdef Tyranitar. Those are the only two Pokemon that really give her trouble. Recover is to Restore lost HPs obviously, since we have LO. LO is for the lack of damage output since we sacrificed Calm Mind with Roar for Jirachi. The EVs on Latias can be switched up by your personal preferance, but this is the setup that has been working the best for me. Max SpAtt is reccomended since we don't have Calm mind. And max speed lets us outspeed things like Terrakion, Keldeo, Landorus, Infernape, and another handful of Pokemon as well.

~Conclusion~

Kamina (Politoed) (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Drizzle

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Scald

- Perish Song

- Protect

- Toxic

Skwayz (Kingdra) (M) @ Choice Specs

Trait: Swift Swim

- Draco Meteor

- Dragon Pulse

- Ice Beam

- Surf

FruitJuice (Jirachi) @ Leftovers

Trait: Serene Grace

EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd

- Water Pulse

- Calm Mind

- Substitute

- Thunder

DarkDesire (Tornadus-T) (M) @ Choice Specs

Trait: Regenerator

Rash Nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- Hurricane

- Sleep Talk

- Superpower

- U-turn

Tyson (Mamoswine) (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Thick Fat

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Earthquake

- Ice Shard

- Stealth Rock

- Superpower

Rupe (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb

Trait: Levitate

- Roar

- Psyshock

- Surf

- Recover

Thank you for reviewing my team, and I hope you all respect my time put into making this.

Disclaimer: All images belong to rightful owners, I do not claim any of them.

Shoutouts: FruitJuice

Threat List:

530.png - Mamoswine/Politoed+Latias swapping

534.png - Tornadus, Latias

555.png - Politoed, Kingdra, Latias

579.png - Politoed Perish Song Stall/Jirachi Stall

591.png - Tornadus, Latias, Jirachi

593.png - Jirachi, Politoed Toxic Stall

598.png - Jirachi

609.png - Kingdra

612.png - Mamoswine

637.png - Kingdra

639.png - Latias, Kingdra, Tornadus

641-therian.png - Jirachi

642-therian.png - Mamoswine/Latias

645-therian.png - Politoed, Kingdra, Latias, Mamoswine

645.png - Mamoswine

647-resolution.png - Latias, Tornadus

649-burn.png - Jirachi, Mamoswine, Tornadus, Kingdra

392.png - Latias, Kingdra

423.png - Politoed

445.png - Mamoswine, Kingdra

448.png - Jirachi, Tornadus, Kingdra

450.png - Politoed, Kingdra, Latias

454.png - Tornadus, Latias

460.png - Jirachi

472.png - Politoed, Tornadus, Kingdra, Latias, Mamoswine

473.png - Kingdra, Politoed

479-wash.png - Latias

485.png - Politoed, Latias, Kingdra

257.png - Latias, occasionaly Tornadus

272.png - Jirachi

286.png - Tornadus, Latias

373.png - Mamoswine, Kingdra, Tornadus

380.png - Jirachi, Kingdra, Mamoswine

381.png - Jirachi, Kingdra, Mamoswine

386-speed.png - Kingdra

186.png - Politoed, Latias, Jirachi

212.png - Jirachi, Kingdra

214.png - Tornadus, Kingdra, Latias

230.png - Jirachi, depending on tie Kingdra

232.png - Politoed, Kingdra, Latias

242.png - Mamoswine

248.png - Politoed, Mamoswine, Tornadus

251.png - Jirachi, Tornadus

28.png - Politoed, Kingdra

38.png - Latias, Politoed, Mamoswine, Kingdra

80.png - Jirachi, Tornadus, Kingdra

91.png - Politoed, Kingdra

94.png - Kingdra, Tornadus

113.png - Mamoswine

121.png - Tornadus

130.png - Politoed, Latias

141.png - Jirachi if not +2 Att, same with Politoed, Kingdra

145.png - Latias, Mamoswine

149.png - Mamoswine, Kingdra

Edited by Chemical

Hey Chemical, and congrats on #1!

This is probably my favorite rain team...ever! I like it even more than my own. So far, I can't really see a weakness...which is impressive considering the offensive nature of your team. I actually think that this is the only team that I've lost to when playing competitively, so nice job!

yo, cool team and stuff.

come play skyrim now.

other than that, yeah it's pretty cool dude. Jelli+ferro core is lolin at you, which is kinda normal as rain spam is destroy by simply those two.

do like me, run specs chandy, overheat/sball/curse/trick, you ohko those bitches named above. You also kill t-wave blissey that could try to wall skwayz the kingdra, which is not cool.

but yeah go play skyrim now

EDIT:imo, jirachi isn't a real check for jelli. maybe you can play around it but, yeah, you don't wanna get random burn'd your winning condition.

Edited by Skwayz

most unoriginal rain team in reborn history

• Everyone and their mother runs Sub Calm Mind on rain Jirachi. This predictability can, with the right Pokemon, send Jirachi packing.
  • I can see why you'd use Heat Wave, but...Unknown Guy...it's a rain team! *facepalm* Seriously?
  • You probably didn't notice (maybe you did), but this team actually does surprisingly well against sand, especially with the Swine. Our piggy buddy rounds this team off well. However, beware of people who try to turn your rain into their favor.
  • Your team is too specially focused. Chansey and Blissey are walling this team come hell or high water (the latter there'll be plenty of :) ) once Mamoswine dies. Ferrothorn will also wall this team to your wit's end. The only thing you have to outright KO it is Tornadus and Mamoswine, but Mamoswine will take Iron Barbs AND Life Orb damage, and Tornadus's answer to Ferrothorn has 70 accuracy. Jirachi will likely not be enough to break any of those Pokemon unless your opponent is out of options.

7.5/10 is my rating. Team looks sexy on paper, but it's very possible to have the entire team unravel when even one Pokemon falls.

How are you going to deal with Simisear? That thing poops on your team. Run Wartortle so you can counter. other than that i guess it's alright

I sense the heavy Sarcasm.

This is a great team, just one thing I want to say: Sun Teams could give you a hard time, even when Mamoswine has thick fat on your side (andhe'sanutterbeastbtw). If Politoed is gone, the only thing who can stop the sun teams, then it might be gg for you. Also, I agree with Ryan on the point that Chansey and Blissey will give your team hell. Since Jirachi's set is so typical, I recommend running the SG physical set on it instead. People might suspect you of using thunder, so it'll be a perfect way to counter them. Also, while Ferrothorn and Jellicent don't do much to your team on their own, they can cause trouble as a pair.

Thatwasmorethanonething

Rating is 7.75/10. Yes, I couldn't decide between 7.5 or 8.