LoL General Chat

The Fush

Although Double is without a doubt the main player that you think of when you think of players who speak their minds no matter what, I don't think that he'll have as much of an impact on his choice of support as much as we'd like to think. Sure, he'll definitely want some say on who supports him, but that doesn't mean that it'll be, without a doubt, his choice. All it comes down to is simple marketing strategies:

• Who is TSM willing to spend the money on?
  • Does the player reach an audience of people that the team hadn't previously reached before (is the player marketable to the public)?
  • How much synergy does the player have with the rest of the team?
  • How much talent does the player seem to sport?

Honestly, it comes down to that matter that TSM is a business first now. The LoL scene--along with plenty of other e-sports scenes--has become quite large and noticed by people who aren't even remotely interested in this particular field of media, and TSM needs players who are marketable and worthwhile. Dyrus, as much as I like the guy and what he did, was only around for as long as he was because he had this persona that was awkward yet approachable to the public eye. Let's face it, if he wasn't a marketable player, he probably wouldn't have been TSM top laner (by the organization's choice, anyways) this season as his performance all year never seemed too strong. Now, TSM has been able to maintain the retirees that they wanted as streamers which has been nothing but profitable (mostly) for them and the streamers by far and large, but that's another conversation entirely.

Ultimately it goes to Andy's desire. This is Dan and Andy's thing, they want to make it to worlds, the fans will support TSM through most anything. Ultimately I think it comes down to who Andy thinks will win him worlds...

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ultimately it goes to Andy's desire. This is Dan and Andy's thing, they want to make it to worlds, the fans will support TSM through most anything. Ultimately I think it comes down to who Andy thinks will win him worlds...

Honestly, and I hate to jump aboard the Monte bandwagon and mentality of thought, but if they really did want to win worlds they would say screw the LCS and go to Korea for a year to compete there. Competing in the (arguably) weakest region when you're already one of if not the best team of that region isn't going to improve your team unless the competition improves itself. It all comes full circle back to how NA needs to be able to get more talent and to take their ranked matches (especially at challenger/masters level play) a bit more seriously if they want to become a region that can truly contest foreign opposition. And really, there has to be new players in NA that need to step up otherwise we're just going to be importing outside talent all the time, which ruins the whole point of there being an NA LCS if all the teams have nothing but foreign players playing for them. I'm fine with a few imports here and there, but honestly it's not healthy for competitiveness in an area that desperately needs to grow if teams bring in nothing but Koreans, Chinese, etc. to play for them and clean shop (I don't really count LMQ because it was originally a Chinese team that ended up moving to NA instead of an NA team bringing in nothing but Chinese players).

Honestly, and I hate to jump aboard the Monte bandwagon and mentality of thought, but if they really did want to win worlds they would say screw the LCS and go to Korea for a year to compete there. Competing in the (arguably) weakest region when you're already one of if not the best team of that region isn't going to improve your team unless the competition improves itself. It all comes full circle back to how NA needs to be able to get more talent and to take their ranked matches (especially at challenger/masters level play) a bit more seriously if they want to become a region that can truly contest foreign opposition. And really, there has to be new players in NA that need to step up otherwise we're just going to be importing outside talent all the time, which ruins the whole point of there being an NA LCS if all the teams have nothing but foreign players playing for them. I'm fine with a few imports here and there, but honestly it's not healthy for competitiveness in an area that desperately needs to grow if teams bring in nothing but Koreans, Chinese, etc. to play for them and clean shop (I don't really count LMQ because it was originally a Chinese team that ended up moving to NA instead of an NA team bringing in nothing but Chinese players).

Monte and Doa are very easy to agree with considering the past 3 worlds have been won by Korean teams...

You can't just leave NA and go straight to Korea and compete there. I don't have the specifics, but I believe it's a ruling in place.

you have to qualify for the korean equivalent of challenger series, which is difficult

then qualify for lck which is even harder

then get top tier in korea to go to worlds

anyways, if they're far enough along to release an official statement then it's easy to believe we'll have TSM Hauntzer. that leaves both jungle and support open for import spots, if they so desire. the thing about the language barriers is that if the player is lucrative enough (faker, for example) regi would overlook that and throw money at them until they joined. rush, although he doesn't know MUCH english, knows some and is far and away the best possible jungler available, enough for reginald to say "fuck it, #baylife" and toss the dollars at rush until rush wants in

you have to qualify for the korean equivalent of challenger series, which is difficult

then qualify for lck which is even harder

then get top tier in korea to go to worlds

anyways, if they're far enough along to release an official statement then it's easy to believe we'll have TSM Hauntzer. that leaves both jungle and support open for import spots, if they so desire. the thing about the language barriers is that if the player is lucrative enough (faker, for example) regi would overlook that and throw money at them until they joined. rush, although he doesn't know MUCH english, knows some and is far and away the best possible jungler available, enough for reginald to say "fuck it, #baylife" and toss the dollars at rush until rush wants in

Let you also remind you guys that this is tryouts. This sint tsm picking who they want then trying to recruit them. This is people trying out to be on the team.

EDIT: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/site/2016-season-update/

WHOEVER HASNT ADDED ME YET ADD ME NOW SO WE COULD DO PREMADE 5s TO CLIMB THE RANKED.

You can have up to 5 people in ranked que starting season 6 since riot realized this made sense since its a team game. but grouped players have a higher chance of vsing grouped players

Summoner Name: Foovy

Edited by foovy10

I'm a bit worried that queue time would be a bit long seeing as there won't be that many people choosing to be support. I mean, a lot of people only go support just because they're last pick. It's like Team Builder again : Supports will get a very short queue time, but every other roles won't

I'm a bit worried that queue time would be a bit long seeing as there won't be that many people choosing to be support. I mean, a lot of people only go support just because they're last pick. It's like Team Builder again : Supports will get a very short queue time, but every other roles won't

This is why we need more support mains

Well, some people may pick support as their secondary, and even then, I think there will be enough people who choose to fill that a support could be found fairly easily.

Well, even though, in comparison to other games, the queues are relatively quick in ranked right now, people picking their desired roles and secondary roles is just going to slow it down, and probably quite a bit too. I mean, have you seen team builder queues when you queue up for anything that isn't adc/support? I've waited in 10 to 15 minute queues before just to get into a lobby, and that's not even considering how many people would possibly disband the lobby just because they get impatient.

Well, even though, in comparison to other games, the queues are relatively quick in ranked right now, people picking their desired roles and secondary roles is just going to slow it down, and probably quite a bit too. I mean, have you seen team builder queues when you queue up for anything that isn't adc/support? I've waited in 10 to 15 minute queues before just to get into a lobby, and that's not even considering how many people would possibly disband the lobby just because they get impatient.

It may make the queues in higher elo go faster now though. Have you ever seen the queue times for Master and Challenger? estimates 5 minutes then 45 minutes later they are lucky to pop

Do we really want the millions of twitch users to come here?

Also, that is a sponsorship thing, so unless someone wants to fund our players to use Team Meteor we are plumb out of luck

...what? Like, Team Meteor is not a copyrighted name or anything of the sort especially by a Pokemon fan game. If you're thinking that people need our permission to use a name like Team Meteor, then you're more than wrong. Even if someone here were able to sponsor a team of players, someone would then look where this came from, Nintendo could more than likely be made aware, and then shut everything down.

Besides, I'm not even sure why you're taking something that he said as a little aside so seriously. I mean, it's nice to have little debates here and there but this is honestly one that's over nothing at all. Just give it the usual agreement and tack onto it whatever other fantasies you might want to see, then debate those things if you want because they just might be silly or frivolous things.

...what? Like, Team Meteor is not a copyrighted name or anything of the sort especially by a Pokemon fan game. If you're thinking that people need our permission to use a name like Team Meteor, then you're more than wrong. Even if someone here were able to sponsor a team of players, someone would then look where this came from, Nintendo could more than likely be made aware, and then shut everything down.

Besides, I'm not even sure why you're taking something that he said as a little aside so seriously. I mean, it's nice to have little debates here and there but this is honestly one that's over nothing at all. Just give it the usual agreement and tack onto it whatever other fantasies you might want to see, then debate those things if you want because they just might be silly or frivolous things.

It was just an observation.

Pro teams are something that we could discuss it's not a big deal. I don't see why you have to see it as me taking extremely seriously

Considerations for a half-assed idea he probably gave no thoughts or consideration to and was most likely a joke in the first place?

an idea many of us have had at times before. Personally I've competed in NACC, it's not easy but anyone can do well. It just takes a coordinated team effort