Pokémon Movies!

Amethyst

• Administrators

OMG the movies. Which ones have you seen? More importantly, which is your favorite.

Rhap and I are embarking on a quest to watch all the more recent Pokémon movies.

We've both seen the first three a million times, so we skipped those and started with Pokémon 4ever, starring Celebii and Suicune. Having seen it before, I knew what I was in for, and quite frankly I didn't mind it that much. Maybe it was just late, but it was a very painful experience for him. The plot is paper-thin, I concede. And much of the movie seems like an excuse for them to quadruple their animation budget. They have some spiffy falling trees, but the giant twig demon Celebii morphs into is 3d-tastic, and it really just feels like all of their effort went into making special effects.

It is saddneing. But it was very discouraging for Rhap... We'll try again soon enough.

Anyway, I've seen all the movies through Destiny Deoxys and they do get less and less fulfilling after the third... 4ever may have been a black sheep though...

However, I happen to be in love with the third movie, featuring Entei and the Unown. Rhap insists that the whole crystal fortress thing was creepy, but I think it was absolutely beautiful--

....this comes as a surprise to no one who knows me....

--and in the end I basically really love everything about that movie for no reason whatsoever.

So, how about you?

I know I've seen the movies up to the one with Celebi in it. I think I also saw the Jirachi movie.

Just as with the Pokemon episodes, I stopped watching after Misty left. >.> I loved the first three movies, and don't remember much of Mewtwo Strikes Back (if I've ever actually seen it, since sometimes I doubt that I have), though I'd like to watch it [again] some time. I was kind of bored with the Celebi one, too, probably because Misty twisted her ankle and, therefore, remained behind. (That was my first hint of foreshadowing...)

Maybe I'll watch the others one day, but I dunno. I'm just not that enthused.

Oh, and: lookie.

• 1 month later...

I saw the first three in theaters (maybe the first four. Because I think I have seen the fourth movie, but I have very little memory of it...same with the third, I just KNOW I saw that in theaters). Now looking back on it...god the first movie is stupid. But whatever.

I thiiiiiiiiiink my favorite was 2000. But, eh, I think I'd hate all of them if I were to rewatch any of them.

I have seen parts of the newer movies. I may have sat through the latest one (in English) and the Deoxys one too. I just don't remember much about either nor do I believe I cared much for them while I was watching them.

I remember seeing the first two movies in theaters and that I have always been a little jaded with them even at a young age. Early on I was ready for them push forward with the series and movies to make them more serious. I also think I'd already come to be disgruntled with Ash since he never does anything too smart or special. In the first movie when Ash was turned to stone I was....happy. Finally, Ash had been done away with and in a heroic manner. We can move on! Create a better character, better story, better-....oh, he's not dead. Damn.

And that was when I was 9 :blink:

I have seen a lot of the movies just through happening across them on CartoonNetwork, but I only remember the early ones well because I watched them deliberately. My favorite is probably 2000 for...just being well rounded. There was a great, eccentric villain, a real world wide threat, epic battles, everything was really great. The only thing I didn't like was the ancient myth of "The world will turn to Ash." God forbid if he had been named Larry.

The new movie has me psyched a bit because it looks like it might be dark. That or I just really like the music from this videothat features a snippet from it.

Probably the narrator/music.

• 6 years later...