Help with Psychic gym

Lil' Sunny

Right, idk what to do, he's really tough, i barely beat Cain after grinding a team to 55, i can take out reuniclus with a double team before it gets trick room up, but i usually cant do the same to slowking, and stuff like gallade and gardevoir can hit hard even when neutral.

my team rn is Infernape, Skuntank, Ampharos, Sawsbuck, Omastar and Noivern with Vlieplume and (F)Meowstic at the same level sitting in the box. 

other options i have in box (at a much lower level, so yay for grinding /scarcasm) are Golem, Sandslash, Carvahna Heatmor, Glameow, Eevee, Ponyta, Spritzee and Espurr(M) the rest is irrelevant honestly.

so can i do anything with what i have? or are there any nearby pokemon that could help? i remember an event last time i played through E16 where i got Joltik nearby here could that help? many thanks

The joltik event was moved. Depending on how much are you willing to backtrack and train new members for your team I can think of a few pokemon that can be helpful (also there's people who will trade you these pokemon if you want).

Heracross/Pinsir: you can choose between the two of them if you complete the honey/tauros puzzle of south aventurine woods (hard and time-consuming). Preferred ability: moxie.

Krokodile: you can find wild sandile in tanzan mountain. Easy to obtain, but you'll have to train it a bit. Preferred ability: moxie.

Durant: you can find it in tanzan depths (where you fight steelix). You'll have to train it a bit. Preferred abilities: swarm (normal power, normal accuracy), hustle (insane attacking power, decreased accuracy).

Honchkrow: you can find murkrow on a windy night in the aqua gang alley. You need very specific conditions to get it and to look for a dusk stone, a lot of training. Preferred ability: moxie.

Escavalier: you can find shelmet in azurine island and trade it for a karrablast that will evolve to escavalier in spinel town. It'll need a lot of training.

You're team seems okay by the looks of  it praise lord Helix but some of your 'mon aren't extremely good stat wise.

I'd recommend swapping out Skuntank for Drapion and Sawsbuck for a good ground type like Mamoswine or Krookodile. I'd also swap out Ampharos for Joltik (Galvantula is a great electric type and having bug type coverage should help, especially against Ramodus)

For this battle at least, I'd also recommend swapping Omastar with Sharpedo. He is the Psychic gym leader, so you best bet is to use some dark types.

Also, Infernape is useless against Ramodus so it should sit this one out. Anything decent should work. I recommend Arcanine (you should still have the Growlith in your box if you found all the police officers in Jasper and Beryl)

Galvantula was a godsend to me last time i played through, where is the event now? or is there even one? 

i considered Drapion but brushed it off since skuntank was doing well for me poisoning with toxic, forcing switches with acid spray and suprise flamethrower is my only special Fire move RN. though Drapion i admit has better overall stats.

i feel Heracross might be a double edged sword, though megahorn by level is a good thing to consider, the problem is ofc the damn time consuming event. 

i have been sorely missing a good ground type, i've kinda been waiting to see if i can find Mamoswine somewhere, but Krookodile isnt a bad choice either i admid, i have Sandslash and Golem in the box for now if i really have to make do. another problem i find is Levelling. Girafarig and Stantler give good exp, but its sprinkled amongst ponyta, kecleon and deerling that give considerably less. 

People seriously underestimate Ampharos, it has surprising bulk and hits like a truck, plus power gem and signal beam by level are great for coverage (also discharge for doubles with ground mon or neutralizing ability) 

thanks for all the help so far. 

3 minutes ago, MachoPony said:

Anyone know where ghe Galv event was moved to? (or if its even still in the game)

There is an event in Peridot Ward, but it disappears after the third gym. After that it's only post restoration in peridot ward.