Reborn V and a couple other things!

Amethyst

• Administrators

I'll get the "couple" other things out of the way first.

Firstly, by Inuki's demand, Phoenix has been fired. Done and over with.

Secondly, regarding tiering things around here- As of today, the couple major tiering threads that we had going on were locked. I'm not exactly sure by whom, or why, but I don't disagree with it based on how heated those discussions were getting. There were effective arguments on both sides of both issues. Those topics were created properly, they were only locked to reduce intensity. I want to make it clear to the proponents of both of those that just because they were locked does not mean that those suggestions are going to fall off of the radar. To the contrary, this whole affair has made me realise that how we've been handling the tiering so far is probably inadequate. I intend to visit with the staff and come up with a better-defined (that is, defined-at-all) procedure on how we're going to take on these and future issues, and then we'll formally revisit them.

and that just leaves the fun things!

Pokemon Reborn- Episode V: Escape! from Reborn City

Ka + boom. It's here.

This is a shorter release than the others, but it's also more story-heavy. And I think a lot of you are going to evolve some of those Pokemon you were waiting on things for.

For instance, the mining system from DPPt is now in the game! Once you find the mining kit you can use it to harvest the glowing rocks you might find in rare places across Reborn. And since there are no troll-spheres, you know that's gonna be some good stuff.

Also, Pokemon that evolve by trade-evolution are now functional, through the use of an item called the Link Stone! Using the Link Stone is just like trading the pokemon, meaning if it needs to hold an item while it's being traded, it needs to hold that item when you use the stone.

and shelly's gym is no longer straight from the firey pits of hell

The new gym, however...

I changed the way the downloading works. Before, we just had an Animated version and a Static version. Now there's only the static version, but you can download the animated sprites separately if you want to use those. Just paste the unzipped animated download into the game folder.

Also, if you have the old release in the animated version, you don't need to download the sprites. Just copy everything in Game folder/Graphics/Battlers from your old version into the new download (because that's all the animated download is now). Saves you some time. c:

Have fun~

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/game/

Phoenix wasn't actually fired, he resigned, and we thank him for the countless amount of time he's spent watching over us. ^^

In regards to Episode 6, it's going to be a longer one, probably. And, I'm going to take my time with it. I'm also taking the month of November off from working on it to focus on some writing (dat NaNo, even though I'm not technically doing NaNo).

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I just patched the download with some fixes:

--Fixed the crash in Shelly's gym (again)

--Fixed the Gang Leader battles

--Fixed the crash exiting the secret pool

If you've run into these things, give it a download. c: