Browser-Based Pokemon Reborn?

Dragon116

One of the big problems with Pokemon Reborn is that older computers have difficulty running it at a decent FPS. My best computer does very well (other than a few occasions) but my main laptop struggles as it's pretty bottom line ($250, barely runs DS emulator). One thing I thought of that might resolve this is to make Pokemon Reborn online. The problem with this is that it's an EXE, it's not designed to work as a web program. Well, one cool thing I learned about was Amazon EC2 instances. You can use it as a remote server, which means you can run EXE files on it. The challenge here is that you'd have multiple users accessing this, meaning that only 1 game file is available. Still, that's a lot easier to tackle than turning Reborn into an online game. If you were able to program the game to require users to log in (like online connectivity atm), as well as reset the game finder to look in a S3 Bucket instead of a particular user folder, you'd have a workable online Pokemon Reborn. As I recall, a remote server should be automatically capable of starting instances for each user. Pretty sure Ame's website experience would be the best reference for how that works.

Anyways, thought I'd post this idea and a link for how to launch an EXE on EC2. I would love to know if this is something I could anticipate in the future.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10237083/how-to-programmatically-remotely-execute-a-program-in-ec2-windows-instance

It would be cool, but actually a little troublesome, because you would only be able to play while connected to the internet (also I don't know where your save files would be stored). But this isn't really the biggest issue: if Reborn became an online game then Nintendo would totally be able to shut it down, while offline games like uranium are still downloadable if you know how to search for them ;)