Help selecting a monotype run  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which Monotype should I do first?

• Grass
    • Steel
    • Ice
    • Dark

Hi all,

I'm fairly new here and having just got to the end of Ep 17 on my normal reborn playthrough I've found myself wanting more!

So I'm looking at doing a monotype run of the game, but have several I want to try and could use some advice on picking a good one to start with.

Ice I think would probably be my preference, but I realise I'd have to transfer a pokemon across for a starter (I was thinking A-vulpix).

What do you all think?

I think i should suggest Grass or Dark. There's some starters that are pretty decent for starting a new monotype run.

If i have to suggest the starters... :

Grass : Venusaur ( This mon is decently bulky to be your companion. )

Dark  : Greninja ( Protean. You know what that means, although it might gonna be hard to use at the middle game. )

And that's my suggestion. Hope you like it :).

I think the easiest one should be dark, but the others all seem interesting. I did a Ice mono on ep16, I had to import pokemon and after julia I got my first legitimate Ice type, so from there I only used the legitimate Ice types... it was hard (having a few vanilites) but doable on that episode, I don't know how it would work on this one.

For that I would recomend you to do either grass or dark, being plenty of pokemon (but secretely wishes you to choose steel or ice)

Thanks for the votes and advice, steel seems to be ahead and I'm excited to get started so will probably crack on with that one for now!

Having seen some others do it, I'll probably start a thread to capture the run and see what the interest it like for it.

Cheers all

Wellll... I've done a Steel, Ice and Dark mono (although Dark is still ongoing).

Ice isn't very challenging. Just get a Swinub traded as starter and you're fine. The only real problem is Shelly, because you only have 3 members in that battle. The reason that this mono is quite easy: you can get a hail team (snow cloak, slush rush, ice body, blizzard 100 accuray, hail damage, etc.) Thick Fat is also really convenient, because you can have pokemon that resist fire. 

Steel was a little bit more challenging. Only because of one girl: Charlotte. It was nearly impossible to beat her with my team at that time. But overall, it is easy to complete, mostly because of your high defenses.

Dark, well.... Once you're past Shelly, you're safe. Mostly because of Protean Greninja. But, like I said, I haven't completed this run and I can imagine that Adrienn can be quite hard to beat.

You can complete Ice, Steel and Dark withouth real tactics (I'm not a very experienced trainer and even I could do it). So if you really want a challenge, I would advice Grass. Mostly because of the numer of weaknesses that type has.

Whatever you choose, good luck!