A Starry Adventure: Pokemon Ultra Moon Blind Run

J-Awesome_One

So before I do anything, I'm gonna make 1 thing perfectly clear. There ain't gonna be any pics unless I'm gonna show my team off. I don't have anything to easily take pics from my 3DS and put it on here. And I'm sure there's something on my 3DS that I can download to do that but I just don't wanna do it right now. So yea. Don't expect pics/pics from the game at least.

Episode 1: Beginning's Galore!

So I noticed that Lillie's cut scene is the basically the same except now she's cornered by the Aether Foundation and... Umm... Yea. I didn't really keep up with the trailers and such and I haven't noticed in the game but Idk what the robotic looking people are called so... Yea. But yes. Anyways, time to basically do a rehash of Pokémon Sun/Moon intro!

Inside the house now, our mom actually tells us to go to where the Kahuna is and get a Pokémon from him. At least we have an objective now. As we go though, a Yungoos appears and is about to hurt us! (God DAMN that thing is small!) But then the starters come and scare it off. (That's kind of overkill ain't it?) Professor Kukui then walks up to us. Might as well pick our starter Pokémon now right? Well I choose Popplio but I just randomly chose it because... I ain't using a starter in this. Which sucks I guess. But ohh well. It'll be with us til I get a new Pokémon I think I'll use on the team. Ohh yea. FYI, I only know of 2 Pokemons that I'm gonna officially use on my team. Although... At the point of where I am now in the game, I now have 4 Pokemons I know I'm gonna use on my team. But I ain't gonna spoil the last 2 til I'm where they're at. ANYWAYS! We run into Hau way earlier than the last games. He selects his starter Pokémon and we have our 1st battle and... Well what do you expect to happen? We won obviously.

We finally then make it to where the kahuna is supposed to be but he isn't there. But unlike the last games, we're told that the kahuna is doing something helping the island or something like that. At least there's a reason he's not there. And then the whole Lillie cut scene happens but again, it's better than the last game because we actually have a Pokémon to fend off the Spearow from Nebby!... But we only fight 1 Spearow and the cut scene goes the same as the last games sooo... Alright. And then the same scene happens as the last game.

So let's fast forward a bit here. We make it to the stairs of Iki Town but there are 2 people there. Wearing some kind of robotic suits. They seem to need info on Pokémon or something like that. They're weird but interesting. Now let's fast forward til where we get to after receiving our Rotom PokeDex. Which btw, I know this isn't until later in the game but I just wanna get this out of the way now. There is now a thing called Roto Loto... I'm pretty sure that's what it's called anyways. But it basically replaces O Powers from the other games in a slot machine kind of way. So I suppose that's cool. I used 1 of the things I got from it to evolve a certain Pokémon of mine faster so it is useful.

Anyways, the scene after we exit the Professor's lab, if that's even what it's supposed to be, the sky darkens and THEN... goes back to normal. So that's mysterious. So let's fast forward some more. Only different thing about the school part is that some trainers have different Pokémon. Ohh yea. The Tauros thing was different. We had to pet it in a certain way for the scene to continue. This reminds me. We can now play with Pokémon now. I remember back on Route 1 you can do stuff with a Rockruff... Buuuuut I'm not too sure what any of that stuff does. Is it just to be fun or something? If anyone knows what that does, please tell me. I'd love to know if you get anything from that or if it's there to just be there.

Now let's fast forward to where Hau is getting his masaladas. (I'm hungry as fuck right now and Idk what's in that stuff but it sounds tasty as all hell right now!) This part is different because Team Skull Grunts show up! Of course we thrash them and they leave. After that, Ilima comes up and challenges us to a battle. Yay! And after decimating him in battle, it's time to continue. Ohh yea. I almost forgot. You talk to Ilima sometime before the whole Hau/Team Skull thing. This is where you can start collecting those ohh so awesome Totem Stickers. So I'm keeping an eye out for those now.

Let's keep going and going and going and hey. New area that wasn't in the last games! Let's look! It's called Big Wave Beach. And this is where you can do Mantine surfing. But we can't do that until we defeat the Kahuna of this island. So for now, let's leave and... Or we can deal with more Team Skull Grunts. They want to surf on the Mantine but they won't stop dancing on the Mantine's backs as they surf which makes them fall off. Can I just say I love Team Skull? They're the most awesome team since Team Rocket. (See what I did there? Ehh? Ehh? ;) ) But yea. We gotta take care of them again. And as soon as we beat them, they leave. I like how more often Team Skull Grunts are popping up instead of like here and there. They're letting us know that Team Skull exists... Even though we could funnily tell them we don't know them while we're taking on Ilima's island challenge. Speaking of which, let's fast forward to after defeating the Totem Pokémon, which in my case was a Totem Alola Raticate.

It's the somewhat robotic people again! It seems they want to gain some education about Alola and the Pokémon and such and something about the Blinding One. They're interesting people to say the least. And then they leave. And now we have to find Lillie. Just like in the last game, she's indeed in Melemele Meadow but this time, instead of Nebby being on the opposite side of the meadow, it goes inside the little hole to get into the Seaward Cave. And again, we meet the somewhat robotic people in here but this time, we have a battle! But the PokeBall they use is a Beast Ball. Now I'm even more interested in these 2 people.

After... Rescuing(?) Nebby from them, we take it back to Lillie and then BAM! BATTLE AGAINST HAU! But I'll say this. He has more Pokémon on his team. Back at the festival, he had another Pokémon. In the old games, he had his starter and Pichu plus their evolutions all the way til the 3rd island I believe. Yea. He had 2 Pokémon til the 3rd island. WHY?! But here, he has 3 Pokémon. The added addition of Noibat here. It's an interesting fit for him. But I ain't mad about it.

Now let's fast forward more til after the battle of the Kahuna. The real only difference here is that the person you battle on Route 3 is a Roost trainer instead of an Eject Button trainer. Anyways, after defeating Kahuna Hala, we are told to go take a picture of this momentous occasion, which is the picture place in Hau'oli City. And I'm gonna be honest, I'm not a fan of it. It's just too boring. But hey. If you like it, have a ball with it. But then we get to go back to Big Wave Beach! Only because Hau wants to Mantine surf to the next island. Which I'm not mad about. I actually like it. You have to learn some surf moves to earn points to get BP (which I think is actually beach points this time around? Because it's on a beach?... Get it?) and we eventually get to the next island. Btw, BP's will help you be able to buy some moves or items. So this is way awesome.

Then we meet up with Lillie and Kukui and we go through the whole meeting this islands kahuna and trial person and blah blah. We meet Dexio and Sina but the only difference here is that they don't give you the thing to hold Zygarde Cells which I'm alright with anyways. I'd rather collect the Totem Stickers anyways. And then we head off and find the Pikachu Valley &... Unless something happens here later in the game, it's nothing really special. Just a lot of Pikachu here which apparently become real stars. So whatever.

The last place I wanna talk about now is Paniola Town. Nothing really new in this town. Except for 2 things. 1. Hau battles you again but he has added another Pokémon to his team which brings his team up to 4 party members. Hopefully, he'll have a full team at the end of the game instead of 4, which is what I believe how many members he had on his team at the end of the last games. But after that battle, we get a scene where some more Team Skull Grunts are trying to steal a Bottle Cap from an Alolan Vulpix. So again, we whip their butts and they run away. And that's where I'm gonna stop talking about the different stories and stuff because this is where I am in my game but now, onto my team!

I thought somewhat about what I wanted on my team. I haven't caught them yet but I will show off my current team.

Spoiler

EIlq5ng.png

Inkay/Female/Wrld Dmntn (World Domination)/Level 22

Nature: Lax/Ability: Contrary

Held Item: None

Moveset: Tackle/Hypnosis/Foul Play/Psybeam

Inkay is actually not a full pledged team member. At least not yet. I'm still thinking about if I really wanna keep this in my party or not but I am really enjoying playing with it. Especially because of its ability. Always hoping for a Pokémon with the Intimidate Ability. But yea. Inkay is not a permanent team member yet but I included her because she's been there since I started the game basically.

sp6gGPZ.png

Noibat/Male/Boomer/Level 22

Nature: Mild/Ability: Infiltrator

Held Item: Sharp Beak

Moveset: Gust/Echoed Voice/Wing Attack/Bite

I'm gonna be honest, Noibat was not gonna be an official party member in my team. That was originally going to be Zubat/Golbat/Crobat. I'm trying to use Pokémon I don't really use. I looked up what Pokémon could be caught in the cave that Ilima's trial took part in and as soon as I saw Noibat was catchable there, I immediately dropped Zubat for Noibat.

yyMHimg.png

Snorlax/Male/Chef Snore/Level 22

Nature: Jolly/Ability: Immunity

Held Item: Leftovers

Moveset: Chip Away/Screech/Brick Break/Defense Curl

Snorlax was officially gonna be on the team since I looked up where you could catch Munchlax after the whole festival stuff. I love Snorlax but I barely ever use it for some reason. It actually evolved a level lower when I battled Hau for the 4th time in Paniola Town. I had like 3 friendship things on it though. I caught it in a Luxury Ball, put the Soothe Bell on it and 1 of Roto Loto items helped it's friendship go up faster. So yea. I really wanted that Snorlax. Haha.