• Bug
    • Dragon
    • Ghost
    • Dark
    • Steel
    • Fairy

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Jess said:

You can get quite a few Poison/Grass mons early on, so you might find it easier vs Corey and Aya than you think. Weepinbell and Gloom in particular, together with that amazing Jumpluff save lives.

For Charlotte, you can do some shenanigans with Prankster Whimsicott and Stun Spore and/or Jumpluff with Sleep Powder. Of course, Rain Dance/Swift Swim Ludicolo and Cradily are a must for this battle, because Grass doesn't have a lot of type coverage (apart from Poison and maybe Ghost).

Wide quard + curse baton pass + trick room was plan A for charlotte

@St0mpa I've done Vivillon Powder+Paras Wide Guard+Crustle Shell Smash/Rock Slide in my Bug mono. I doubt Curse will help you since she has only Special Attackers (minus Darmanitan). Also, You'll see it for yourself, Baton Pass is REALLY tricky to pull off in Double battles.

Prankster Whimsicott has also Tailwind. You can do stuff with this as well, since Trick Room will need A LOT of luck to set up with Grass types vs Fire types, since it always goes last in the turn it is used (-6 priority).

3 minutes ago, Jess said:

@St0mpa I've done Vivillon Powder+Paras Wide Guard+Crustle Shell Smash/Rock Slide in my Bug mono. I doubt Curse will help you since she has only Special Attackers (minus Darmanitan). Also, You'll see it for yourself, Baton Pass is REALLY tricky to pull off in Double battles.

Prankster Whimsicott has also Tailwind. You can do stuff with this as well, since Trick Room will need A LOT of luck to set up with Grass types vs Fire types, since it always goes last in the turn it is used (-6 priority).

The curse is mostly for +attack and then -speed for the trick room. But I am a way off of that fight so I may come up with a better idea before I get there.

11 minutes ago, St0mpa said:

The curse is mostly for +attack and then -speed for the trick room. But I am a way off of that fight so I may come up with a better idea before I get there.

True. Anyways, good luck! Also, I just saw that your Dark mono won't get finished. May I ask why is that? 

1 minute ago, Wolfox said:

ah, I've missed that

No worries :) 

I still believe Ciel will be a much bigger threat than Charlotte is. Especially cause Grass has none Electric coverage and only Cradily for Rock coverage. And Cradily is Rock, in a field that amplifies Fighting type moves too.

2 minutes ago, Jess said:

I still believe Ciel will be a much bigger threat than Charlotte is. Especially cause Grass has none Electric coverage and only Cradily for Rock coverage. And Cradily is Rock, in a field that amplifies Fighting type moves too.

Yeah... without a doubt. but all in all I'm almost 100% certain that Aya is gonna be the hardest of the bunch. Grass has some options for poison, but poison has enough option for those options. And while that is Meta talking, poison doesn't exactly have that many legends and ubers mons (I think only Naganadel even, not counting Arceus that is), so most strong poison mons are available for aya

4 minutes ago, Jess said:

True. Anyways, good luck! Also, I just saw that your Dark mono won't get finished. May I ask why is that? 

Several reasons most personal that I'm not gonna go into and then the practical reasons of that playthrough needs a fuck load of grinding I am not up for due to the personal reasons (not grinding in general I just mean on that file) and the physical issue of the fact that the save is on my old computer. Not impossible to retreive but would need a bit of work to set up my old computer which due to the personal reasons isn't something I want to go through.

8 minutes ago, Jess said:

Well there is jumpluff that has acrobatics which should help so there are a few things I can do.

13 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Yeah... without a doubt. but all in all I'm almost 100% certain that Aya is gonna be the hardest of the bunch. Grass has some options for poison, but poison has enough option for those options. And while that is Meta talking, poison doesn't exactly have that many legends and ubers mons (I think only Naganadel even, not counting Arceus that is), so most strong poison mons are available for aya

I agree in part. Meta has no connection to Reborn, especially when it comes to Ubers. Also, with an Exeggutor to help, Aya becomes much less of a threat. Also, Aya is much less scary if you abuse her field. e.g. using Spikes. Which means Roserade and Cacturne can put in massive work there. I'd definitely start with Turtwig though. That Ground coverage is too good to let it pass in a Grass mono. And, as I said, Sceptile might be good late (it's horrid early), but it still has a REALLY shallow movepool with not impressive coverage, especially if you run a special set. Only moves that can help are X-Scissor and Dual Chop, none of which helps vs the Grass weaknesses.

But again, he is in for a challenge ;) 

@St0mpa All monoruns need grinding. It's a thing you must be ok with when you start one. :P By the way, Jumpluff falls off when it comes to damage late game. Plus, Acrobatics doesn't hit Flying types super-effectively. So, consider all the move breeding you need to do before getting into Agate Circus.

3 minutes ago, Jess said:

By the way, Jumpluff falls off when it comes to damage late game. Plus, Acrobatics doesn't hit Flying types super-effectively. So, consider all the move breeding you need to do before getting into Agate Circus.

I just looked and realised that I don't need the fluff cause a huge amount of grass types learn nature power which is acrobatics on that field so if i'm gonna go that way I don't need the fluff.

Prepare some plans and you are set. Remembering my Grass mono, Charlotte was one of the easiest leaders for me (Cradily and Ludicolo, as already mentioned, and try to change the field if need be), while Ciel was one of the hardest. Corey and Aya aren't too bad, too.

Throughout your playthrough, Nature Power will be Insane. Lovely when you can turn a field against an opponent.