Godot Play Playstation Allstars Battle Royale

Godot

Playstation Tour made a stop in Albuquerque and guess who got to play PSAS!

The demo had 8 characters and 4 stages, it had Kratos, Sweettooth, Fat Princess, Sly Cooper, Col. Radec, Parappa the Rapper, Nathan Drake, and Big Daddy... the stages were Jak and daxter's Sand Over Village, LBP's Dreamscape, God Of War's Hades, and Ratchet's Metropolis,

My favorite stage was hades dreamscape, because there was a lot going on in metropolis and sandover... got annoying

My main was sly... he was fun and kinda complicated which I liked! I managed to pull off his ultimate once, which was awesome!

Then I tried SweetTooth next, he was kinda OP ha ha, it was really easy to get his lvl and that is all you need with him, I got like 14-16 points in the end with him

Then I tried Nathan Drake next... he was chill and fun, I tried to get his lvl 3 but failed, I managed to pull off his lvl 2 like a boss though

Lastly I tried Parappa... I phaled... hard core... I may go play it again tomorrow... but I need to try parappa again and I never got to test Radec, I probably won't try the other 3 yet

Well... if I play it again I'll throw it up

I can wait until the next Smash Bros comes out next year

I got to play the game when they came to Toronto for the CNE. Had some different elements to it but overall I wasn't too impressed. As for characters, Big Daddy was the only dude I was able to use decently.

I will try the other characters tonoght and let you guys know my opinion, also... smash bros 4 is most likely gonna come out in 2015

Have fun waiting =D

LDo not think of this games as smash bros... it looks simular on the surface, but isn't!

I got to play it more and well... here is my analysis...

Hades: my second favorite stage, its fairly flat and nothing obstructs game play =D

DreamScape: my favorite stage, quiz questions are a welcome addition the the battle and radec is WAY to good on this stage ha ha

Sandover Village: the thing that bugged me about this stage is how easy it is to fall off, and you can't edge grab... which got annoying from time to time (stupid smash bros strategies) also annoyed me how people would hide underneatch the stage

Metropolis: as much as I love Ratchet and Clank t is stage got on my nerves... fucking spike traps and convater belts, it was interesting to lay out sweetTooth's land mines and sly cooper's hats on the belt and watch people meet their enevitable doom XD

Items:

The RPG: It gave you three good shots and caused people to drop a reasonable amount of AP I found it quite useful as it was OP

The Boots of Hermes: basic mobility booster....meh, it also messed with sly cooper's play style... which I'll explain soon

Wave shield: made you invicible-ish... kinda OP

NANO TECH Crate: LOVE THESE THINGS! Drop a shit ton of meter orb things

Hedgehog Gernade: Useful and under apreciated, made people lose meter ( not drop it) and make it so a person cannot use their supers momentarily

THE CHARACTERS:

Kratos: the most over used and overrated character, they had a tournament at the end and it was 3 kratos clones vs. My lone sly cooper... =(

Easy to use and had a lot of range... S,S,S was his basic combo >> though trying him out myself, he had this great combo with upS,S,upO... which no one bothered to discover >> he also had Marth's counter (down O) and nuetral O and down , he had this. Great crupling attack which led up to awesome combos! Krato's prime strategy was working toward his Lvl 3

SweetTooth: Underrated and hella fun... and you know what I don't get... some kid knew what patapon was but had no clue who this guy was... kids these days... *shakes head*

He is simple strait forward and surprisingly fun, wit. Forward T he had this great elbow attack and with down O he would place these really useful landmines... what was awesome about SweetTooth was that you can stack his lvl 1s, they are dirt cheap and his lvl 2 is surprisingly expensive, despite that it is crap... his lvl 3 is freaking boss too (I managed to get 6 kills with it =D)

Fat Princess: guy: who is that fat princess chick? Me: Fat princess, guy: ya but what's her name? Me: fat princess, guy oh really? What game is he from? Me: fat princess, Guy: ...

She had this useful wand attack with S,S,S and this belly bounce with Forward T, and this but bounce with down T in the air... which were quite useful! The but bounce put people into crumple states leading to easy combos. She can also summon her minions with the circle button, nuetral circle and down : were her more useful onews! Her lvl 2 is what you wanna work towards... Dat fat chicken XD

Sly Cooper: My Favorite <3 I won the tournament with him and will potentially amin him in the final game! Some guy kept asking me "are you that squirrel guy?"

Sly was agile and slick... he is one smooth criminal =D S,S,S was great because it stole meter, upS,S was a great combo finisher, down S in the air was great too! Placing landmines(hat mines) teleports and his trusty alarm clock were really usefull, also... sly's invisible was great! Kratos activates his lvl 3, hide in the corner... worked everytime! Buzz asked a quize question? Hide on the right answer, also... going invisible also made easy combo set ups, my. Favorite was down S because it caused a crumple state, as for supers? Pick your poison, all 3 are great, I prefered lvl 2

Col. Mael Radec: very awesome misused character... how do you use him? SPAMMING FTW!!!

Nuetral and forward T were amazing, down T was great when people were in platforms below you, and if someone gets too close to you? Forward S,S done!, someone jumping in on you? Up O, Up T, and radec's lvl 2 and 3 are awesome... thoug his lvl 3 is kinda hard to get (I got 7 kills with one)

Parappa the Rapper: YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!

He is fun and easy to use, spam Square for easy combos, or spam down square in the air, he can also camp with down T, , best do it against walls, best super? Lvl 2 is best... lvl 1 is useful, and lvl 3 is fun to watch =D forward T was great fo helping pull off lvl 1s

He's right, it's a bit different from Smash Bros. ...a bit.

EDIT: "We're aiming for the end of next year." - A dude from Namco Bandai on the release of the next Smash Bros. games.

Edited by rc52

Sakurai said in a couple years ha ha

Runniing around and controling space is smash-y

Edge guarding, "DI", Smash Attacks, and (can't think of something else atm) don't exist or are not effective.

The fighting mechanics are also very capcom-y or mortal kombat-y, you can do simple combo and stuff...

Also smash is a very defensive game, people running away, picking on people with the higher percentage and stuff... psas is very aggressive and every character does something big... its actually bigger than smash imo also... items and stages are a lot more balanced brawl, only character I felt was under powered was Nathan Drake... his only truely effective super is his lvl 3 and it was insanely hard to get