If You Could Make Your Own Mega Evolution Mk. II

Lord Chespin

And they rock, Swamp! Mega Probopass' pushing the limits of stats trades, though, even more extreme than Beedrill :P

Then again, it's hard to fix Probopass otherwise. The one thought I have is turning it into a discount Mega Diancie but that's quite the heresy.

Anyway, as promised...

mega_rampardos__fake__by_neoz7-dac63kj.png

Mega Rampardos

Type: Rock/Steel

Ability: Sheer Force
HP: 97
Atk: 165 -> 205 (+40)
Def: 60 -> 80 (+20)
SpA: 65 -> 55 (-10)
SpD: 50 -> 70 (+20)
Spe: 58 -> 88 (+30)

BST: 495 -> 595 (+100)

New Move: Hone Claws

Upon Mega Evolution, Rampardos becomes a senseless demon of destruction. It would run in straight lines, leveling cities and punching tunnels through the greatest of mountains. Its sheer power is even stronger than that of gods! The only thing that can truly bring a stop to its wrath is a swift knock out. Though, that's hard to do once it has picked up speed.

Mega Rampardos' main selling point is its godly 205 Attack (the highest of all Pokemon!), making it a fearsome attacker. It retains Sheer Force as its ability, and that compliments its new Steel typing quite a bit, with both Iron Head and Iron Tail being boosted. Its new typing also grants it protection against Bullet Punches. Its bulk becomes just average, giving it more breathing room to set up with.

That's about where it ends, though. Its poor Speed forces it to rely on Rock Polish to have a chance of sweeping. On top of that, 88 Speed still leaves it at a perilous 50-50 Speed tie against Excadrill in sand, so even Rock Polish sets aren't safe after setting up. Despite how powerful Rampardos seems to be, the notorious Steel-type tanks can easily threaten it with EQs, preventing it from setting up on them. Chansey still escapes OHKO and can leave a cheeky and nasty paralysis on its legs. (Though Toxic sets are screwed) And lastly, it dreads against Aqua Jet, Mach Punch, and Vacuum Wave, for those moves will quickly dispatch it before it even taps into its true power.

Mega Rampardos appreciates team support greatly. Tapu Lele is capable of protecting it from the nasty priority moves that it dread, and Special Wallbreakers such as Blacephalon can help it remove the likes of Mega Steelix and Mega Aggron. Sticky Web support allows it to get an edge over the crowded Speed tier that it is in, though you would still want to have Rock Polish in case you can't keep the webs on the field.

Sample Sets:

The Best Defense is a Good Offense (Physical Sweeper)

Spoiler

Rampardos @ Rampardosite
Ability: Mold Breaker  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Rock Slide  
- Iron Head  
- Fire Punch / Earthquake
- Rock Polish

Mold Breaker is the pre-Mega ability of choice, though it doesn't really matter much. It is simply chosen for Sheer Force can be obtained upon Mega Evolution, and you would have no reason at all not to Mega Evolve if you were running Sheer Force to boot with.

Rock Slide and Iron Head are chosen as STAB moves of choice for reliability - Something you would want more on your sweeper. The third slot can be either Fire Punch or Earthquake, with the former taking out Scizor/Mega Scizor and Celesteela and the latter taking out Heatran and Stakataka. Lastly, Rock Polish is used to grant Mega Rampardos the speed it needs to sweep comfortably.

The New Face of Destruction (Physical Wallbreaker)

Spoiler

Rampardos @ Rampardosite
Ability: Mold Breaker  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch / Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Pretty much just the sweeper set with Swords Dance over Rock Polish instead. You could use Stone Edge and Iron Tail + Hone Claws instead, for much more power, but in exchange it risks a lot more working outside of stats boosts. Not much else to say here. Don't even think about Superpower, it's not worth it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Thundermaze said:

MEGA BUTTERFREE

Hide contents

8012-Mega-Butterfree.png

Bug/Psychic

Ability:Multiscale

HP: 60-60

Attack:45-10(-35)

Defense:50-100(+50)

Special Attack:90-125(+35)

Special Defense:80-100(+20)

Speed:70-100(+30)

Total:395-495(+100)

With Mega Beedrill introduced,i always dream about Mega Butterfree,A unique Bug/Psychic type pokemon we've all been waiting for,well here it is,

With it's Mega Evolution it has some decent bulk (60-100-100)now and fantastic ability to cope with;Multiscale.Butterfree has access to Quiver Dance,with 100 decent speed stat and comfortable bulk with Multiscale it has some sweeping potential now.

A solid set should looks like this;

Butterfree(M)

Ability:Tinted Lens

Item:Butterfreenitte.

Nature:Timid

EV's:252 SpA,252 Spe,4 Hp

Quiver Dance

Bug Buzz

Psychic

Shadow Ball/Substitute/Roost.

It has some recovery options but it still is weak to Stealth Rock,gets wore down by status easily,cannot hit hard without Quiver Dance boost and there are far better Mega's for mega slot.

Despite all of this,it has good offensive STAB,and should be fairly easy to use.

I love quiver dance users, it's definitely one of the best moves in the game. 

3 hours ago, IntSys said:

Mega Rampardos' main selling point is its godly 205 base Attack (the highest of all Pokemon!),

205 base attack with full investment and a beneficial nature is just (i say just, but it's still beastly) 559, there's a pokemon that has more attack than that and I won't let you take its title of the wielder of the highest attack in the game.

303_f2.png

Granted that 559 x1'3 boost from sheer force is over mega mawile's 678 attack, but that's just a conditional boost. And even that is assuming that Rampardos is running adamant nature, which it probably wouldn't do given its awkward speed tier that is too high for trick room and too low for a sweeper + its mediocre bulk and multiple common weaknesses that would make hard for it to be a wallbreaker or a bulky attacker. 

It's hard to salvage Rampardos, but you did a good job.

Well, Base Attack does not consider ability. It is an unboosted stat. Add Huge Power on top of that, and it becomes a Base Attack but with +2 in the stat. It is no longer unboosted.

You're seriously underestimating Mega Rampardos, though. You'd be surprised how improved bulk and a bit of speed is quite vital in fixing Rampardos, all while maintaining some form of originality.

It needs to run Jolly, as I've elaborated before. Is the speed too high for TR? Most certainly. Is it too low for a sweeper set? Maybe if I wanted to sell it as a DD Sweeper and give it DD. But Rock Polish is more than enough to fix that. At +2 speed, not even Scarfed Crobat is enough to outspeed it, and who runs that? It is an awkward speed tier, no lies, but it is a nice speed tier to outspeed most tanks that it want to move first against. Namely, the ever dreadful Tapu Fini, Mega Venusaur, and Mega Scizor (sometimes running Superpower, dangerous stuff).

Mediocre bulk? I'll give you that, but you can't have everything. As far as the standards for its kind (fast attackers), it is above average, and you'd be surprised how it is capable of taking chip damage, on top of an additional Steel typing - which grants it way more resistances.

Common weaknesses (Fighting, Ground, and Water), but the weaknesses that it gained already destroys it to begin with. Compared to the number of resistances gained, I believe it's a very good trade-off. Do the said weaknesses hinder it in its way to becoming a wallbreaker? Somewhat, I suppose, but the walls that can actually abuse those weaknesses aren't exactly large in number. I listed Mega Steelix and Mega Aggron (who apparently run EQ nowadays), but those two Pokemon are already the toughest physical tanks out there, it has no business against them to begin with - leave that to a special attacker!

You mentioned the idea of a bulky attacker, and I must say, you should not use it as a bulky attacker. That's an absolute waste of its stats and its potential. Its bulk is only there to assist it in setting up, whether it be a Swords Dance or a Rock Polish.

Oh, and one additional note. Despite how I mentioned priority being a great weakness to Mega Rampardos, it actually isn't as much of a problem as it would've been if I had made this during Gen 6, as Tapu Lele's popularity in general greatly discouraged the use of priority moves.

I believe that I've managed to salvage Rampardos quite well, at least compared to how GF tried to salvage Camerupt, Glalie, Houndoom, and Audino. It does its role particularly well. It does have shortcomings, like what I've briefed in my original post, but just like most Pokemon, its shortcomings can be remedied through a well-built team. I certainly did not design Mega Rampardos to be able to stand against the entire meta without team support, as that would be, by definition, broken, but its weaknesses are far from crippling, and its strengths still outshine them.

How would you fix Rampardos, though? Aside from this draft, I've also considered a Rock Head version, as well as a version that gives it Dragon Dance, but the former proves to be severely lacking in coverage power as well as reliability, and the latter is honestly unimaginative, considering how we already got Tyrantrum filling the bill. You can fix a lot of things with DD anyway.

Oh looky here, has Old Man Viri started to make megamon sketches again?

giraf.jpg

Mega Girafarig

Type: Normal/Psychic (unchanged)

Ability: Trace
HP: 70 
Atk: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Def: 65 -> 80 (+15)
SpA: 90 -> 130 (+40)
SpD: 65 -> 100 (+35)
Spe: 85 -> 85 (+0)

BST: 455 -> 555 (+100)

New Moves: Aura Sphere (not that Girafarig needs much in the way of movepool expansions, given that it has a fairly wide range of tools already, courtesy the Normal type syndrome; nevertheless, Aura Sphere is thematic and adds some nice coverage)  

This was originally made as an evolution for Girafarig, but it works as a mega concept as well. It draws from the Okapi in terms of design choice.

Megafarig will never see the light of OU, perhaps not even too much in UU, but given that it now has some respectable stats (with enough bulk to actually use Wish+CM), it can better utilize its good movepool and deal out some good damage, especially given that it has access to Nasty Plot to instantly double its SpAtk. Base 85 speed is a good enough tier for a moderately bulky set up mon, especially given its access to Agility as well. But Girafarig's biggest niche is probably as a user of Baton Pass, and with these much-needed stat boosts, it can be more effective at that role. Trace is a fun ability that can work out positively in this regard; copying Water Absorb or Flash Fire, for example, can make setting up or switching in on certain common Pokemon an easier task. 

Girafarig is such a cute mon, it deserves to get a proper evolution, honestly. 

Time for some op shit~

MEGA NIDOKING

Spoiler

mega_nidoking_by_phatmon66-d7douea.png

Mega Nidoking

Ability:Huge Power

HP:81-81(0)

Attack: 102-122(+20)

Defense:77-107(+30)

Special Attack:85-85(0)

Special Defense:75-105(+30)

Speed:85-105(+20)

Total:505-605(+100)

New Moves:Dragon Dance.

Let me introduce you to New Deadly Phsyical Sweeper;Mega Nidoking.

Nidoking has amazing special moveset and Sheer force with Life Orb already makes it very threatning offensive force but Physical Destroyer Nidoking has always been my dreeam.With the ability Huge Power now it has the best Attack Stat in the game,reliable bulk,great offensive typing,and new move Dragon Dance to sweep through teams easily,It can fit through teams easily,speed tier is good now,and can be use more comfortably,also he is immune to Toxic and Paralysis.Gets worn down by burn though.

Destroy that pixies with Nidoking,now it deserves the title of 'King'.

Solid Set should be like this;

Nidoking

Ability:Poison Point

Nature:Jolly or Adamant

Item:Nidokingtitte

Ev's:252 Atk,252 Spe,4 Hp.

Moves:

Dragon Dance

Poison Jab

Earthquake

Shadow Claw/Stone Edge/Rock Slide.

MEGA BRELOOM

Spoiler

mega_breloom_by_phatmon66-d77lpgg.png

Fighting/Grass

Ability:Wielder(Boosts all Physical moves by %30)

HP:60-60(0)

Attack:130-170(+40)

Defense:80-100(+20)

Special Attack:60-20(-40)

Special Defense:60-100(+40)

Speed:70-110(+40)

Total:460-560(+100)

I do love me some Bulky Sweepers,Breelom is the great example of that.He is already dangerous with it's Spore,Swords Dance combo,now it has some decent bulk to stay longer and sweep wholeheartadly.

It has 110 Speed now,it can outspeed many threats now.Broken ability cope with that Attack stat furthers it's threat.

A solid Set:

Breeloom

Ability:Effect Spore

Item:Breelomtitte

Nature:Jolly/Adamant

Ev's:252 Atk,252 Spe,4 Def

Moves:

Spore

Swords Dance/Substitute

Bullet Seed/Seed Bomb

Drain Punch/Mach Punch/Focus Punch

Edited by Thundermaze

11 minutes ago, Ironbound said:

Oh looky here, has Old Man Viri started to make megamon sketches again?

Reveal hidden contents

giraf.jpg

Mega Girafarig

Type: Normal/Psychic (unchanged)

Ability: Trace
HP: 70 
Atk: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Def: 65 -> 80 (+15)
SpA: 90 -> 130 (+40)
SpD: 65 -> 100 (+35)
Spe: 85 -> 85 (+0)

BST: 455 -> 555 (+100)

New Moves: Aura Sphere (not that Girafarig needs much in the way of movepool expansions, given that it has a fairly wide range of tools already, courtesy the Normal type syndrome; nevertheless, Aura Sphere is thematic and adds some nice coverage)  

This was originally made as an evolution for Girafarig, but it works as a mega concept as well. It draws from the Okapi in terms of design choice.

Megafarig will never see the light of OU, perhaps not even too much in UU, but given that it now has some respectable stats (with enough bulk to actually use Wish+CM), it can better utilize its good movepool and deal out some good damage, especially given that it has access to Nasty Plot to instantly double its SpAtk. Base 85 speed is a good enough tier for a moderately bulky set up mon, especially given its access to Agility as well. But Girafarig's biggest niche is probably as a user of Baton Pass, and with these much-needed stat boosts, it can be more effective at that role. Trace is a fun ability that can work out positively in this regard; copying Water Absorb or Flash Fire, for example, can make setting up or switching in on certain common Pokemon an easier task. 

Girafarig is such a cute mon, it deserves to get a proper evolution, honestly. 

VIRI I CANT see

Also i'm really bad at this but whatever

Mega unown

Ability: Unity - this pokemon's attack will always be super effective regardless of the type. All attacks against this pokemon will be ineffective regardless of type too

Stats

HP: 48
Atk: 72->90 (+18)
Def: 48->64(+16)
SpA: 72->100(+28)
SpD: 48->64(+16)
Spe: 48->70(+22)

Rocks last time, now for some bugs!

Mega Venomoth

Spoiler

Image result for mega venomoth

Bug/Poison

Ability: Tinted Lens

HP: 70 -> 70 (+0)

Attack: 65 -> 65 (+0)

Defense: 60 -> 70 (+10)

Special Attack: 90 -> 120 (+30)

Special Defense: 75 -> 115 (+40)

Speed: 90 -> 110 (+20)

BST: 450 -> 550

BL Bug is making a comeback, giving Volcarona a run for its money as a frightening Quiver Dance sweeper, except this one is generally unbothered by your puny "resists". A respectable boost to its Special Attack and Speed allows it to be more of a threat right away, and a good chunky boost to its Special Defense makes it able to swap into special attacks pretty easily. The staple of any Mega Venomoth set is going to be Quiver Dance, as well as whichever other moves you want to run alongside it, whether that be Bug Buzz, Psychic, Sludge Bomb, or even Energy Ball or Hidden Power. It also has access to nice recovery in the forms of Morning Sun and Roost, or even Giga Drain if you want to stay offensive. Tinted Lens makes it so that you don't have to worry about perfect coverage, as every move is going to hit hard regardless.

A specially tanky set is also possible with Quiver Dance and Roost/Morning Sun, because it also has access to moves like Infestation, Toxic, Stun Spore, and Sleep Powder. 

Unfortunately it still has low Defense, meaning that moves such as Sucker Punch or Bullet Punch do a ton of damage to it. Faster scarf Pokemon can also outspeed it either before it gets a Quiver Dance off, or even after if they have a higher speed.

Mega Vespiquen

Spoiler

Image result for mega vespiquen

Bug/Steel

Ability: For the Swarm*

*Gives +1 Priority to Bug Type moves

HP: 70 -> 70 (+0)

Attack: 80 -> 100 (+20)

Defense: 102 -> 132 (+30)

Special Attack: 80 -> 100 (+20)

Special Defense: 102 -> 132 (+30)

Speed: 40 -> 40 (+0)

BST: 474 -> 574

New Moves: Swords Dance

"I am the Swarm". The Queen of Bees is here, ready to cause some havoc. The best part of this Mega is its new Ability, For the Swarm, letting it make excellent use of its signature moves. Heal Order and Defense Order let it become a tank with incredible staying power in conjunction with its amazing typing and defensive stats. It is also able to make better use of its main attack of Attack Order, but also giving priority to very useful utility moves such as U-Turn, Infestation, and Fell Stinger. A tank set would obviously be the best choice for it, but it can also serve as a bulky pivot or late game sweeper. Priority U-Turn lets it easily switch around, while priority Fell Stinger lets it pick off weakened opponents and then hit whatever comes in with a powerful Bug type attack. Other potentially useful moves it has in its arsenal are Swords Dance, if you don't want to try getting a kill with Fell Stinger, but also Confuse Ray, Destiny Bond, Toxic, and Power Gem, it even has Defog.

Like almost all bugs however, Mega Vespiquen does not like Fire. Pokemon that are faster than it that have a Fire type move (which is a lot of things) force it to switch pretty easily lest it get burned. It also doesn't appreciate things that resist Bug type attacks, like many Flying types. Taunt can also ruin its day if it is running a tank set, as well as Unaware. Prior to Mega Evolving it also has to worry about Stealth Rocks, which take away 50% of its HP (although it can then Mega and heal right away).

Mega Leavanny

Spoiler

Image result for mega leavanny
Bug/Grass

Ability: Cutting Edge*

*Increases the power of the following moves by 20%; Cut, Slash, Smart Strike, Leaf Blade, Night Slash, Shadow Claw, Psycho Cut, Cross Poison, X-Scissor, Aerial Ace, Fury Cutter, Air Cutter, Razor Wind, Secret Sword, Secret Sword, Razor Leaf, Scratch

(Basically Iron Fist)

HP: 75 -> 75 (+0)

Attack: 103 -> 148 (+45)

Defense: 80 -> 90 (+10)

Special Attack: 70 -> 70 (+0)

Special Defense: 80 -> 90 (+10)

Speed: 92 -> 127 (+35)

BST: 500 -> 600

New Moves: Smart Strike, Fury Cutter, Sacred Sword

This Mega was fun. Leavanny really suffers because of its typing because it just has so many weaknesses, so instead of doing the smart thing and addressing that, I gave it a great ability and some good boosts to its most relevant stats and let it go on its way. Its best attack options are always going to be moves that are boosted by Cutting Edge, so Leaf Blade and X-Scissor are its main STABs. It then has a variety of coverage moves to choose from with Smart Strike, Sacred Sword, Aerial Ace, and Shadow Claw, or even Poison Jab and Knock Off. It of course still has access to Swords Dance to boost its now great Attack to something even higher if it is able to, same thing with Agility. It also still has all of the support moves Leavanny has, like Sticky Web, String Shot, even Grass Whistle. It also has a fairly decent special movepool with things like Leaf Storm, Bug Buzz, and Electroweb if you want to use its low Special Attack for some kind of weird mixed set. Its awkward speed tier lets it run different amounts of speed to be be just fast enough to outspeed certain things, or max to outspeed even more. Fury Cutter is also a really cool option for it, because if used successfully Fury Cutter can become a base 160 power move, which is then boosted by Cutting Edge for some extreme attacking power.

Same as Vespiquen, it really does not like Fire, but it also doesn't like Flying Pokemon, or even other Bugs. It's typing still leaves it open to be hit and hurt by a wide variety of moves, with chances being that if the move is 4x Super Effective Leavanny is going to get knocked out. Its also fairly frail, even with boosted defenses, its low HP stat means it might even be OHKO'd by powerful neutral hits.

Alright so I was just browsing around the web and found this artwork which I really enjoyed despite how simple of a change it is.

Spoiler

466electivire_mega_evoline_dream_by_ethroetheartist-dbqzmyi.png

While I have though of other options I'll leave the one I think best fits this design.

Mega Electivire

(Electric/Dark)

Ability: Defiant

HP: 75

Attack: 153 (+30)

Defence: 87 (+20) 

Special Attack: 105 (+10)

Special Defence: 95 (+10)

Speed: 125 (+30)

Base Stat Total: 640

New Moves (Via Move Relearner, Breeding, Move Tutor, etc.): Fake Out, Pursuit, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Crunch, Leech Life, Throat Chop, Superpower, Volt Tackle, Parting Shot

So Electivire has always been one of favorite Electric types since it's introduction back in Gen 4. While its design origins are not the same as Electabuzz I think the Oni elements were still visible. The addition of fangs and the white fur with red eyes in this art piece makes its face look similar to a Hannya Mask which is right up my alley.

On a Competitive Battling standpoint its clearly meant to be a strong and fast physical sweeper. Electivire has always been known for its diverse movepool and type coverage and the new options I added make it even better at that. Volt Tackle might be a bit too much (and it's Pikachu's family line signature move) but it is the strongest physical Electric type move and I though it would make a great addition to it. Adding Swords Dance would have been too much Overkill in my opinion and at the end of the day it doesn't really need it to sweep. When coming up with the stat distribution and playstyle I took some inspiration from Mega Loppuny with the two having a similar role and even bulk, with Electivire hitting considerably harder and being slightly slower. I'm not too sure about Defiant as it's ability but I do think it fits it well and also adds some pression to the opponent, making them think twice before switching to something that has Intimidate or trying to clear screens or hazards from the field with Defog.

If something like this were to happen I would be really pleased since it would mean the big guy would finally get the respect it deserves. It would also mean it wouldn't be stuck in the PU tier where it currently sits. Like Mega Loppuny I see it having a solid place in the OU metagame.

Edited by Dartu-san

1 hour ago, Dartu-san said:

Alright so I was just browsing around the web and found this artwork which I really enjoyed despite how simple of a change it is.

Hide contents

466electivire_mega_evoline_dream_by_ethroetheartist-dbqzmyi.png

While I have though of other options I'll leave the one I think best fits this design.

Mega Electivire

(Electric/Dark)

Ability: Defiant

HP: 75

Attack: 153 (+30)

Defence: 87 (+20) 

Special Attack: 105 (+10)

Special Defence: 95 (+10)

Speed: 125 (+30)

Base Stat Total: 640

New Moves (Via Move Relearner, Breeding, Move Tutor, etc.): Fake Out, Pursuit, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Crunch, Leech Life, Throat Chop, Superpower, Volt Tackle, Parting Shot

So Electivire has always been one of favorite Electric types since it's introduction back in Gen 4. While its design origins are not the same as Electabuzz I think the Oni elements were still visible. The addition of fangs and the white fur with red eyes in this art piece makes its face look similar to a Hannya Mask which is right up my alley.

On a Competitive Battling standpoint its clearly meant to be a strong and fast physical sweeper. Electivire has always been known for its diverse movepool and type coverage and the new options I added make it even better at that. Volt Tackle might be a bit too much (and it's Pikachu's family line signature move) but it is the strongest physical Electric type move and I though it would make a great addition to it. Adding Swords Dance would have been too much Overkill in my opinion and at the end of the day it doesn't really need it to sweep. When coming up with the stat distribution and playstyle I took some inspiration from Mega Loppuny with the two having a similar role and even bulk, with Electivire hitting considerably harder and being slightly slower. I'm not too sure about Defiant as it's ability but I do think it fits it well and also adds some pression to the opponent, making them think twice before switching to something that has Intimidate or trying to clear screens or hazards from the field with Defog.

If something like this were to happen I would be really pleased since it would mean the big guy would finally get the respect it deserves. It would also mean it wouldn't be stuck in the PU tier where it currently sits. Like Mega Loppuny I see it having a solid place in the OU metagame.

It has the perfect ice and electric coverage and if that weren't enough it has fire punch, any wall in ou except Mega Venasaur would fear switching into this.