Of Kiki's lesson...

Chickens

Gawd I'm so lazy. There might be people that haven't played the game yet so I'll briefly introduce who is Kiki. Also, correct me if I'm wrong cause my memory is really bad. Many of what I'm going to say will just be based on what I remember.

Kiki is the fighting gym leader residing at Apophyll Island. During the player's visit, we'll be directed to the training ground where we'll witness Kiki teaching some students. In E16 she was talking about how we shouldn't judge people too quickly. She gave a story about how when we see a person begging for something, we automatically register the person as lazy, dirty whereas in reality the individual could be merely forced into it by circumstances, by matters beyond his control such as having to care for their children, being sacked, rising cost of living and such. The gist of it was to not judge people too quickly, for what we see is merely a side of what they are. Mayhaps they have had a bad day and was in a foul mood, or they was joking. Nonetheless it is never to late to form an opinion with others only after interacting with them fully.

The above was what she said in E16 or at least what I think she intended to urm, convey. However in E14, what she said was quite different with it being about prioritizing what that is important. She first took a bowl then (Sorry but I don't really remember this part clearly so it might be different from what she really said) filled it with water then proceeded to state that the bowl is full and that it can not be filled with any other things. She then took another bowl and then filled it with rocks, then sand, then water. She analogized the rocks to matters that are really important, the sands less so, and the water trivial matters. With that she taught that in life we should prioritize important matters and and the rest will simply fall into place.

As you can see, unless my memory is going, what Kiki taught was different between episodes( I didn't include E15 because I can't remember if what she taught changed ). So now comes my question @Amethyst. Why was Kiki's lesson changed between episodes? What significance does it hold? (Hope I'm not bothering you ame)

And if any of you who played the past episodes, could you tell me if Kiki's lesson was changed before and if possible, what was the content?

First forum essay, boy I'm taking lessons from Hukuna. Probably wont do anymore of this though.

Edited by sosobean

• Administrators

i changed it because i felt like the stone-sand bowl thing was way cliche and overdone. it's basically something you can find on most 40 year old's facebook pages tbh.

i wanted something that wasn't so rehashed.

Fun fact: if you talk to all the students who offer you to study with them in the academy (and obtain a Meditite I suppose) before listening to Kiki on the training grounds, her lesson is different and a tad more difficult to grasp at first read. Try it when you have the occasion.