Owens Ranting about his Life thread!

Noivy

Dont mind me, I need to rant about life. The Ranting ahead thread doesnt give my mind the things nessicary to go all out.

Now, fortunately Im going to start this out on a very positive note! This weekend is my Mom's 55th Bday and her fathers 80th! Yes they share the same birthday! So what better thing to do than to call up a whole lot of relatives and friends who you havent seen in years and throw a nice giant party and eat til you choke?

...Well thats the thing. There are some very unlikable people in my mom's side of the family, I met them once around 4 years ago, and wanted to maintain a pretty respectable distance from them for the rest of time. And by that I mean 1000 miles. Now, there isnt a whole lot of them, but I do very clearly remember my dad and one of them getting into a very nasty arguement and eventually yelling at each other. Now, I know my dad, and his job as a Physics, Astronomy and Mathimatical Methods teacher constantly leaves him in a bad mood when he is grading papers; but I, for the life of me, have never seen him get so angry. So thats one thing Im pretty worried about. I dont want to see him angry like he was, because quite franky, it scares me. Why?

Think. College teacher with a degree in one of the most complex sciences. He can also build some pretty cool things in his workshop. He also has the language of at least 100 Webster books (which I have inherited and use time to time), and as such, can put together some really really nasty insults. No, not the type that typical internet tough guys use. Im talking words that he thinks about for 5 minutes, and then unleashes in the biggest flurry of enraged insults he can get. And no, he doesnt curse all that often. If he was a part of this community, he would no doubt be the best English troll here, which makes me glad he isn't.

So yea, Giant party that can go particulary bad.

yeayeayeagrammarnazi. >:I

Anyways, there has been something which has been bothering me mostly because it's actually making me a little ill. There are a hoard of fires going on near the other side of the mountains, partly due to a lack of rain. This has been going on for the past 3 weeks. What's the big consequence? Well, Seattle now has a very clear level of Smog. While you dont notice it in suburban areas or downtown, but all you have to do is look towards the mountians. ...Thats the thing, the smog completely obscures them. The air tastes faintly of charcoal, something burning. I breathe in and sometimes start coughing. It's the particulate matter, it's been driving me absolutely insane. The lack of good rain.

Now, I actually had some first hand experience with a fire this summer. We were in Yakima, down in central Washington, and moving some waterlines. We were using a golf kart to get through place to place, because this was in a giant field. Im talking a good 50 or so acres. By some misfortune, a towel go into the engine copartment and caught fire. We managed to get it out and save the kart, but then it landed on a patch of dry grass. Yea. you get where this is going. Luckly, the wind was not blowing, so it went fairly well. Once the water line got activated, it was out. Only burned a good 80 square feet, and the firedepartment only sent a pickup with the chief and such. Complemented us on putting it out. It felt pretty good. However, I did get burned on my left hand so that was one thing that made me weary form the whole thing.

It has been more than 60 days since it has rained decently in Seattle, we are in desparate need of it.

• Administrators

It has been more than 60 days since it has rained decently in Seattle

>Seattle

>...

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

I have been incredibly stressed out over the past month. I'm usually pretty good about knowing why I am, but for the first time in years, it has gotten the better of me.

One of the biggest issues is school. I am a senior in high school. I am getting large amounts of e-mails from colleges, and I have to start thinking about what the hell I am going to do with myself. I have so many things that I want to do, and the range of subjects are as wide as they are complex. Here's a short list;

Herpetology, the study of reptiles and amphians;

Video/Media production; making the shows that you see on TV;

Video Game Design and Animation; the things you play on that are one of the hallmarks of our generation, and the thing I am making this post with;

A Chef; Im very good at cooking.

...And no, I don't burn food like one of our owners. >>Point is, I've probably been thinking too hard lately. I'll post more tomorrow.

Just a tidbit: herpetology is rumoured to be a highly limited field, and most places that offer it seem to offer it only if you major in something else.

Apparently, one of our buddies once tried to apply for it but got blackballed.

Had a herpetology class, for the most part, or at least that's what it came down to. Techinically it was tropical bio, but there's a lot of interest in the frogs and lizards and stuff in the americas, so yeah, we had a lot of stuff going on around that.

Im known for some of my wild mood swings.

Im just going to use Music to convey my feelings in some of the many situations

Most of the time when nothings really going on: (Roughly 50% of the time)

When I am in a hurry and need to get somewhere/do something fast, or stressed out. (10%)

Having fun on a game, making other people rage; or just having a really good time(3%)

I kinda look at my Music history on Youtube and cant help but think even more about my tastes in music. Its never ceased to amuse me.

I kinda made a status saying that "Music is always playing in someone's mind, no matter the situation".

I say this because we have a great range of thoughts, and sometimes it's easy to reflect on them through music.

Very true.

God bless Nobuo Uematsu, Yoko Shimomura, Masashi Hamauzu, and Takeharu Ishimoto, for starters.