The Man from Ransei: Wolfox

Wolfox

2 minutes ago, Candy said:

Lol in the first chapter I got a feeling Wolfox was the type to get beaten up to protect a Pokémon. Now that I came back and read a few chapters more, Wolfox has actually a pretty strong character/muscles (dealing with Fern like that for instance). Hope you don't mind that my run also has similarities in that regard, for it was wholly unintentional!

He will get beaten up to protect others tho, where else does his strength come from? And I have no copyright or trademark on the character archetype so go right ahead

To everyone following this, please let me know about this:

Would it be an issue if I wrote in my favorite mon into the story decently soon? no teammate will be replaced as of yet, so don't worry about that. please let me know about this. I'll try to not make it feel shoehorned if you don't mind.

I don't see an issue with writing in your favorite mon :) Your MC's name is Wolfox for starters haha But imo you'd best choose either to: put most of your focus to that mon (or carry on with placing importance to Vulpix) or make an effort to balance the team members' spotlight.

• 4 months later...

Chapter 8: First Gym battle: Redux

Spoiler

Wolfox woke up to hearing someone knock on his door for a few minutes straight. Half awake, he walked over to the door. When he opened it he saw both Ame and Victoria standing there waiting for him. "To what do I owe the pleasure of meeting two lovely ladies in the morning. Is it my birthday already?" Wolfx said, still being only half awake. When he realized what he said he saw Ame reaching for a newspaper and Victoria covering her face in her hand. But before he could even say sorry they laughed it off. "No, no it's not Wolfox. I actually wanted to talk to you about something that happened yesterday." Ame said, with a serious look on her face. "And I just wanted to ask something." Victoria followed up. "Right, I'll be ready in a minute." Wolfox said before he closed the door so he could get dressed properly.

When Wolfox came out of his room he saw Ame and Victoria having breakfast in a separate room. He joined them and the conversation started. "Look, if it's about my involvement with the factory yesterday-" Wolfox said before Ame cut him off. "Well, it is and isn't. I would say be more careful but considering it's you we're talking about that's unlikely. So instead I'm offering my thanks, with a little gift to express my gratitude.". As Ame had said it, someone came in holding a pretty big box. Ame opened it and pulled out a long coat, at least reaching Wolfox his knees. The coat was a light blue, almost azure, color."I-I don't know what to say. Thanks, Ame." Wolfox said as Ame handed him the coat. "Now for the other thing..." Ame started. "Yesterday when Florinia came to talk about what had happened in the factory there was something off about her. She was smiling. When I asked her about it she responded by saying it had something to do with you. And now I want to know, how on Earth did you manage to make her smile?" Ame asked. "Well... remember how the first time I entered the Grand Hall I ran into the automatic door?" Wolfox said. "Don't tell me... you walked into it again?" Ame reacted, dumbfounded by the revelation. "How did that even wor-" Ame couldn't finish her sentence of Victoria was laughing her lungs out. "I-it's probably h-his natural c-charm." she blurted out while laughing. This ended up with Victoria getting two questioning looks aimed at her. "I uhm... Never mind." Victoria started blushing a little after her laughing had stopped. "That's how it works." Wolfox said. "In any case, that's what I wanted to talk about. I'm going back to work now. Victoria, if you can keep your breath you can talk to him now." Ame said as she walked off. "Right, what I wanted to ask was if you were going to battle Julia today. And if that was the case if I could watch. It's going to be my first time seeing a Gym Leader that isn't Kiki take on a challenger, so having it be a friend should only be natural." Victoria finished her question. "Sure, I don't mind. Let's go then." Wolfox said, and the two departed.

On their way to the Gym, they talked a bit more. Wolfox learned that Victoria has trained with Kiki almost her entire life and that Kiki was like a mother to her. Victoria also said that Kiki might know a bit more about Wolfox his powers, though she wasn't sure about it. "That reminds me, how do you plan to beat Julia? You only have 3 Pokémon with you after all." Victoria asked, seeming a bit concerned about him. "I'm going to trust in my partners. if I win I win. if not I don't and learn something." Wolfox said, seeming confident. On the way to the Gym, Wolfox felt a presence of a Pokémon. He couldn't place his hand on what Pokémon it was, but it felt friendly.

When they reached the Gym they were greeted by Julia, wearing her usual big smile. "Hihihi! Welcome to the Electro-Dazzle Happy Boom-Time House of Cheer! I hope you're ready to battle a true gym leader!" She said as she leads them to the Arena.

image.png.603f3015728a88d2df8da6ca1a537593.png

(Yeah, got screenshots now. and the custom sprite OwO)

Wolfox decided to Lead with Vulpix, while Julia led with Minun. After a fierce battle between Wolfox and Julia, it had seemed a one-sided Match. Vulpix had burned through the competition, leaving Julia with only One Pokémon. "Guess I'm that good huh?" Wolfox said with a little giggle. "Mrrrrr overconfidence will not help you. Go Electrode!" Julia said as she sends out her ace. "Now, use Charge Beam!" She commanded. "Vulpix, counter with Ember. Huh?" Wolfox said, only to notice Vulpix was too tired to react fast enough. Vulpix Fainted quickly after that his. Noibat didn't do much better itself but managed to get a few quick hits in while avoiding the onslaught of attacks Julia bombarded upon her. "And now we're even. Both down to our final stand." Wolfox said, looking tired. "Yeah, you're really good for a first-time challenger. but this battle is mine. Electrode is hurt and tired, but your last Pokémon is a Water-type so we shouldn't have too much trouble." Julia said, seeming equally tired. Wolfox sends out Wimpod, seeming a bit confident in this last battle. "Why is he smiling... Wimpod isn't fast enough to beat Electrode. Maybe he has a plan?" Victoria said to her self. This whole battle she had been at the edge of her seat. She didn't know what to expect from either side and was completely blown away by the spectacle that this battle had become even if it seemed so onesided at first. "Too bad Wolfox, better luck next time! Electrode, use Charge Beam!" Julia commanded, starting a little victory dance. "Wimpod, use Aqua Jet!" Wolfox said quickly. Wimpod shot away, dodging the Charge beam and getting a direct his on Electrode. This was not enough by itself, but Wolfox quickly gave another command. "Now's the time, Struggle Bug!" he said, and Wimpod instantly reacted by using it, knocking out Electrode. Wolfox felt Wimpod was feeling proud of this victory. It was a hard fought one. "Wow, that was unexpected. Well fought Wolfox! Here, take the whatchamacallit badge. Oh, and here's the TM for Charge Beam. it's technically not regulated to give away TM's, but considering this battle was such a blast I just have to thank you some way!" Julia said as she walked out of the room. "Oh yeah, I'm gonna take a powernappy. So bye~". Wolfox walked up to Victoria, looking tired as if he had just run a marathon, and asked: "How'd I do?". Victoria laughed a bit and told him she had never seen such an intense battle coming from what seemed something completely one-sided.

They walked back to the Grand Hall, being quite tired from the battle. Wolfox seemed to feel the presence of that Pokémon again, but this time it wasn't friendly, and not just one Pokémon. There were two, and they were in trouble. He told Victoria to follow him and ran toward the direction he felt the Pokémon calling out from. "Heh, we're in Luck. not only did we get two ralts, one of each gender, but one of them is Shiny too. How much do you think someone would pay for this little set?" A thug asked, just as Wolfox and Victoria walked up. "It's. You again, huh? Wolfox said, almost unable to stand without panting like a Growlithe on a hot summer day. "Crap, you? Is what I would say if you weren't dead tired. What did you do? Run a marathon? No matter. We'll be taking these two. You saved the Pachirisu, but not these two." The thug said, pulling out his Pokéball. "But he's not alone! go, Litten!" Victoria yelled, sending out her Litten. "Wimpod, I need your help!" Wolfox said as he threw his Pokéball. The second thug also joined the battle. The battle was resolved quickly and the thugs beat. "T-thank you." Wolfox heard. "Who said that? It wasn't You, was it Victoria?" He asked, looking confused. "I didn't say anything, maybe it was one of the Ralts" Victoria said jokingly, but quickly noticed she might have been right. "She's right, it was me.". The shiny ralts said, but the ralts did not speak. It had sent those words to Wofox by telepathy, caused by his abilities to feel the feeling of Pokémon. "I would like to thank you properly, and so does my brother here. could you two please take us with you? It would be the only way we could ever repay you." The ralts "said" as she walked up to Wolfox, whereas the Male ralts walked over to Victoria. "They want to come with us, what do you think?" Wolfox said, looking at Victoria. "How could we refuse? This could happen to them again, and we can't be there to save them every time." Victoria said as she pulled out an Empty Pokébal and lightly tapped it against her Ralts. "Thank you. I promise I will not disappoint you in any way" the Ralts said as Wolfox did the same. "Well, that was eventful. Let's head back to the Grand Hall, I need some sleep after this." wolfox said as the two of them ran back to the Grand Hall.

End of Chapter 8. Sorry it took so long, kinda just forgot about this for a few months. It's back now with the same speratic updating schedule as it's had forever. The Jacket Wolfos wears has had its color changed to blue because I personally like this color a bit better. I hope you enjoied and please let me know if there's anything in my writing style that could use some work.