Togepi training

WNintendo

I kinda got a lovely perfect shiny togepi some days ago from the wonder trade

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.eea97bd6a22633f5a09440344184ac4d.png

and i thank very much Lucina for it. Point is that.. well.. i don't realy know how to raise it

I was thinking about boosting its sp.atk and hp or spd, but i don't realy know what skill to teach it given what MT and what skill it can learn.

Any good idea?

I don't realy have a stable team to build around it, i kinda got 2 or 3 "stable" pokemon such as a Tyrantrum and a metagross, plus a series of add in to adapt to any situation.

I also got a perfect IV charmander than needs to be trained but i seriously still don't know if i want it to be a sp.atker as a megacharizard Y or a Atker as mega charizard X.. still long way until we get the ability to mega evolve them anyway 

Well, a good guide would be smogon

It's a site focused on the competitive side of Pokémon

Here is a link for togekiss set 

I personally think the moveset there is good, nasty plot for max damage, air slash it's main stab and roast seems good for me. The last slot is up to you 

Anyway I would prefer max investment in speed and some bulk . No need to invest in sp attack of you are running nasty plot (if you are running nasty plot)

Just ask if you don't know how this Pokémon gains some moves 

Yeah well, that's exactly where i come from cuz i checked it first on smogon

I don't realy know how to teach him roost and nasty plot, plus i kinda want to teach him a good fairy skill for his stab, probably dazzling gleam, cuz i don't actually have any fairy pokemon in the team

Edited by WNintendo

You could run a few different sets.

A Parahax/flinch set using T-Wave/Body slam with Airslash and Nasty Plot + Wish (instead of Roost)

Other variable options are more sweeper-eske / more moves than just Air Slash

Bodyslam 

Wish 

Air Slash

Nasty Plot / Aurasphere / Dazzling Gleam 

Any of the bottom 3 moves could also replace Wish. 

I don't get why people teach healing moves to their pokemon in campaign-mode. You have healing items for that. 

When it evolves it can learn Air Slash and Aura Sphere. Get those.

Nasty Plot is an egg move, but things like Minun learn it fast. 

Dazzling Gleam is the best Fairy move it can learn, so if you have the TM, feel free to use it.

4 hours ago, NickCrash said:

I don't get why people teach healing moves to their pokemon in campaign-mode. You have healing items for that. 

When it evolves it can learn Air Slash and Aura Sphere. Get those.

Nasty Plot is an egg move, but things like Minun learn it fast. 

Dazzling Gleam is the best Fairy move it can learn, so if you have the TM, feel free to use it.

Personally, I mostly try to win without using healing items (or using less than the amount the NPC uses), just for the challenge of it. So, for example, I have a moveset of Defend Order, Heal Order, Toxic and Infestation on the defensive Vespiquen I run on my Bug monorun.

It feels like cheating to me if I win a battle by spamming healing items. You can just stack up, then PP stall literally everything (do it the Dark Rising way).

But I agree with your other statements. And I DO agree that healing items are better than healing moves, because they always go first in a turn. However, it just feels cheap.

As long as the opposing gym leaders use them, I won't have that handicap. 

For pokemon like Togekiss and some others that suffer greatly from the Four-Moves-Syndrome, I am more lenient anyway.

I know what you mean, and myself I use them in moderation. When I happen to need more, or even a revive, it feels bad that I wasn't quite ready.

Yet, with all the challenges and restrictions I impose upon myself (new pokemon, BST cap, monotyping, etc) sometimes I let myself have that luxury.

I trust Ame will fix Reborn's economy so a complete exploitation like the extreme example you present won't be possible. 

In the end I maxed out his sp.atk, and made a good mix of hp and spd.

As skill i teached him dazzling gleam, air slash, ancient power and baton pass.

Probably i should change baton pass, but thanks to serene grace ability, i get the stat boost from ancient power alot more and it's good to pass them to my metagross, chandelure or tyrantrum for some wild killing 

Still need to decide for an item tought

Edited by WNintendo

On 10/30/2017 at 2:23 AM, WNintendo said:

Probably i should change baton pass, but thanks to serene grace ability, i get the stat boost from ancient power alot more and it's good to pass them to my metagross, chandelure or tyrantrum for some wild killing

After reading that,I am tempted to try that.

Also why not give it leftovers since you made a mix of hp and spd?

I did give him leftovers but... well, i'm a damage maniac, i feel like i should just boost his damage :D

Gota find a good rotation of pokemon anyway cuz right now i got perfect IV and EV trained:

Tyrantrum

Metagross

Chandelure

Togekiss

Lapras

Venusaur

Magnezone

Volcarona

Dragalge

plus, gota train a steelix to megaevolve him if and when we will be able to and still need to train my charizard, but still need to decide if i should go for mega charizard Y (so sp. atk and in good combo with venusaur in double) or mega charizard X (p.atk). I may just make two of them in the end

I should cover more or less anything like that at least, 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, WNintendo said:

If it is alredy black, what colour will it become with mega x evolution? :D

I checked the battler's folders.Sadly he gets his normal color in mega x form.

006s_1.png.816b2aa63af1425fa4c2ae74a3762d21.png Really disappointing.Who actually thought this would be good idea?

6 hours ago, Yagami said:

I checked the battler's folders.Sadly he gets his normal color in mega x form.

006s_1.png.816b2aa63af1425fa4c2ae74a3762d21.png Really disappointing.Who actually thought this would be good idea?

What a disappointment, i was alredy hoping for a white mega charizard.... if i knew i would have made it a sp.atk for Y mega and the other one into p.atk for X mega... Actually, i can easily train him to sp.atk, but they both had some awesome egg moves and i had to delete some of them to go for either sp.atk or p.atk (deleted dragon dance and outrage on the other one and Dragon Pulse on this one -_-)

Edited by WNintendo