Pokemon Logic

Summer

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Rich old dude gets his kicks watching children play his voltorb flip game, so he makes them spend massive amounts of time to acquire the massive amount of coins needed to get one of his prizes. Not creepy at all.

Chuck E Cheese. Nuff said.

These ones are probably the most commonly known, but still the most confounding questions in my entire history of playing pokemon.

How does Doduo Fly?
25915d_3473989.jpg
Why can't Scyther use Fly?
My_tribute___Scyther_can__t_fly_by_rouni
What does the rest of Diglett look like..?
Diglett_by_TDSpiral.png?1304984215
Some questions are better left unanswered..

The greatest errors are the type weaknesses and resistence,

Poison > Ground lolwat

The worst typing resistance for me is Bug being resistant to Fighting type attacks.. Think about it.. I can understand flying because have you ever tried to punch a bird? Doesn't work out too well. Psychic because they are mentally superior and thus puts the age old saying to use, "Brains over brawn." Even Poison because I can see punching poison barbs to be pretty painful. Bug though, I seriously can't understand. I've punched and kicked plenty of bugs in my life and everyone aside from the flying ones have fallen.

Wailord is actually less dense then air, if you do the math ( or just watch Jwittz) you can learn that Wailord's siz and his weight make him less dense then air. Also he can breed with a skitty.

Regigigas being able to pull continents together, but can barely move for the first five turns of battle

Owning Pokémon that supposedly "steal souls"

Being unable to escape from wild pokemon when you're twice their level. (excluding trapping abilities).

Trading to evolve

The list goes on...

Now I that I think about it though, I believe that some of the dex entries that are out there are just an adaptation of what it would be like if Pokémon was our reality. I still think that the fact that people in Alaska would use Darumaka shit as a means of warmth is ridiculous though.

• 1 month later...

The greatest errors are the type weaknesses and resistence,

Poison > Ground lolwat

Considering the disposal/containment of radioactive waste that is too toxic to other kinds of life, it usually involves:

-Sealing in a steel container.

-Placing the steel container in concrete casks to shield from radiation leaks.

-Disposing of the casks permanently in deep underground repositories where the nuclear waste can live out its half life where it can have little to no effect on animal/plant life on/near the earth's surface.

This also explains why steel is resistant to poison and why ground effectively works against poison targets.

The worst typing resistance for me is Bug being resistant to Fighting type attacks.. Think about it.. I can understand flying because have you ever tried to punch a bird? Doesn't work out too well. Psychic because they are mentally superior and thus puts the age old saying to use, "Brains over brawn." Even Poison because I can see punching poison barbs to be pretty painful. Bug though, I seriously can't understand. I've punched and kicked plenty of bugs in my life and everyone aside from the flying ones have fallen.

If I were to guess (i.e. make up excuses to try and explain pokemon logic) it is because Insect physiology isn't compatible with standard martial arts. Their exoskeleton makes thrusts and punches to places that would normally work on non-insects less effective. For example: a logical weak point to strike in martial arts is the head as it is the nerve center of the body. Insects' brains/nerve centers are NOT in the head and most bugs can continue living without their head. Striking at the legs to knock an animal off balance can be an effective tactic...but the 'bugs' tend to have 6-8 legs so sweeping 2-4 from under them would still leave them some balance.

There's also their disproportionate strength that might play a factor. Small bugs can lift things much larger than themselves and giant bug pokemon seem to be capable of similar locomotion despite their increased size, so perhaps their strength also 'magically' keeps up as well meaning strong animal pokemon get physically stronger by increasing muscle but bugs are just strong because of the basic facts of bug lifting ability, putting a fighter and a giant bug on par physically so putting the fighter at a disadvantage due to using greater applied strength against an equally strong opponent.

*shrug*

These ones are probably the most commonly known, but still the most confounding questions in my entire history of playing pokemon.

How does Doduo Fly?

25915d_3473989.jpg

Damn! Red flyin' like a BAWS