Pokemon Empire re-balancing and evolution changes

ssbCasper

Pokemon Empire re-balancing and evolution changes   

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should some Pokemon be given altered moves by level up?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should Pokemon that normally evolve with the trade stone method evolve via level up?

• Yes
    • No

Thanks to the feedback I figured I'd make a poll for this as well. Some of the starters are being overlooked due to weak level up moves (Sneasel, Venipede, etc) and some due to evolving via stone or trade stone + item. (The player will receive the corresponding evolution item at a reasonable time). Regardless if you would like to see better level up moves or Pokemon that evolve by trade stone + trade item evolve via level up instead just do the poll. 

On 9/29/2017 at 11:13 PM, ssbCasper said:

Thanks to the feedback I figured I'd make a poll for this as well. Some of the starters are being overlooked due to weak level up moves (Sneasel, Venipede, etc) and some due to evolving via stone or trade stone + item. (The player will receive the corresponding evolution item at a reasonable time). Regardless if you would like to see better level up moves or Pokemon that evolve by trade stone + trade item evolve via level up instead just do the poll. 

I agree that starters should be given altered moves, but only in ways to try an even out the starters as much as possible. And with trade stone evolution to level up, I think starters should have level up evolutions, but other trade stone pokemon should use a trade stone, since level evolution is a bit easy for certain pokemon that are designed to be difficult to fully evolve, such as porygon. These are just my opinions though. 

1 hour ago, Matt_ said:

I agree that starters should be given altered moves, but only in ways to try an even out the starters as much as possible. And with trade stone evolution to level up, I think starters should have level up evolutions, but other trade stone pokemon should use a trade stone, since level evolution is a bit easy for certain pokemon that are designed to be difficult to fully evolve, such as porygon. These are just my opinions though. 

I agree with pretty much everything here.  The starters are the main concern with alternate evolution methods, so maybe putting their (final) evolution at the level most of the other starters you have evolve at (taking an average or maybe assigning it to be around the traditional level for this---  32 to 36). 

Maybe for more a better level up pool, add some of the mons available egg moves to the list at an appropriate level?

@seki108 I did exactly that. Every starter who got new moves just had egg moves put in at reasonable levels. As far as changing some evolutions is concerned all the ones that were changed float between 34 and 38. All of the changes will be laid out in detail whenever the official game post is up.