Would you be interested in a game based in Egypt?

Abhimanyu

After I saw gameplay from Assassin's Creed Origins, I was like "Man I wish there was a Pokemon game with this kind of architecture." So I decided to ask others about their opinions on this subject, hence this thread.

So what are your thoughts about a game set in Egypt? Starters? Gym Leaders? 

That sounds like a great idea, maybe you could have gym leaders based off ancient pharaohs and elite four members based of Egyptian gods? or maybe have them all themed after the gods, for more vartion variation in designs?

Prehaps like how Hoenn has lots of water types, this region has lots of ground types because of how much of it is desert and wild water types only show up at oasis like locations. I'm not sure what to choose for starters though expect maybe Shinx because it's a little like a Sphinx?

only if it culminates with a fight between Jotaro and Dio Brando

This sounds like a good idea as a primarily desert-like environment would provide us with something rarely seen. Maybe maps would by necessity have to be relatively empty, so the game would have to be really big to compensate, I suppose.

For starters, Shinx could work, but I'm thinking there are better Egyptian-themed mons out there. For instance Yamask (obvious reasons) and Riolu/Lucario (reminders of Egyptian god Anubis).

I'm not sure about gym leaders. Ofc one of them could have a pharaoh gimmick, but that only takes us so far. I'm thinking others could be an explorer, a priestess, an oasis' guardian, a cult leader, a former tourist who settled there due to being 'in love' with the region... I suppose there's room for many types of characters with a bit of creativity.

Yeah, I mostly suggested the pharaohs because I like to tied things together with a theme but maybe they might be more suited to be characters for the lore of the region, like the two brothers backstory for Unova. I think the champion having a pharaoh theme is probably best bet for a currnet day character in my opinion.

Also Dio for post game bonus boss

Instagram and deviantArt user: r-james.the.v actually has made region based in egypt, complete with fakedex, characters, region map, etc. Currently, he makes a second region based in Canada. His works are awesome but I'm not sure if he is going to make fan-game with it. You should check his work:

https://www.instagram.com/rjamez.the.v/?hl=en

https://rjamez-the-v.deviantart.com/

7 hours ago, Starborn said:

That sounds like a great idea, maybe you could have gym leaders based off ancient pharaohs and elite four members based of Egyptian gods? or maybe have them all themed after the gods, for more vartion variation in designs?

Prehaps like how Hoenn has lots of water types, this region has lots of ground types because of how much of it is desert and wild water types only show up at oasis like locations. I'm not sure what to choose for starters though expect maybe Shinx because it's a little like a Sphinx?

Maybe the Elite Four could be pharaohs instead? Based off of Hatshepsut, Cleopatra, Tutankhamun, and Ramses II?

5 hours ago, Alistair said:

only if it culminates with a fight between Jotaro and Dio Brando

This sounds like a good idea as a primarily desert-like environment would provide us with something rarely seen. Maybe maps would by necessity have to be relatively empty, so the game would have to be really big to compensate, I suppose.

For starters, Shinx could work, but I'm thinking there are better Egyptian-themed mons out there. For instance Yamask (obvious reasons) and Riolu/Lucario (reminders of Egyptian god Anubis).

I'm not sure about gym leaders. Ofc one of them could have a pharaoh gimmick, but that only takes us so far. I'm thinking others could be an explorer, a priestess, an oasis' guardian, a cult leader, a former tourist who settled there due to being 'in love' with the region... I suppose there's room for many types of characters with a bit of creativity.

Shinx would make a good starter, and we could have Water and Ground type starters as well. Maybe Tympole and Rhyhorn? Yamask and Riolu are part of a two stage evolution line, so I don't think it makes sense for them to be starters.

2 hours ago, Phi-Bi said:

Instagram and deviantArt user: r-james.the.v actually has made region based in egypt, complete with fakedex, characters, region map, etc. Currently, he makes a second region based in Canada. His works are awesome but I'm not sure if he is going to make fan-game with it. You should check his work:

https://www.instagram.com/rjamez.the.v/?hl=en

https://rjamez-the-v.deviantart.com/

It looks absolutely amazing!! Best Fakemon designs I've seen in ages!

5 minutes ago, Abhimanyu said:

Shinx would make a good starter, and we could have Water and Ground type starters as well. Maybe Tympole and Rhyhorn? Yamask and Riolu are part of a two stage evolution line, so I don't think it makes sense for them to be starters.

There are plenty of fangames with non-traditional starters though. Full Moon's Arcanine is an example. Or Insurgence's Eevee. But sure, if we're going to follow the usual 2-evo pattern for starters, those I mentioned don't work.

37 minutes ago, Alistair said:

There are plenty of fangames with non-traditional starters though. Full Moon's Arcanine is an example. Or Insurgence's Eevee. But sure, if we're going to follow the usual 2-evo pattern for starters, those I mentioned don't work.

You're probably right. So let's say we have non-traditional starters. Which Pokemon could be possible candidates besides Riolu and Yamask? 

10 minutes ago, Abhimanyu said:

You're probably right. So let's say we have non-traditional starters. Which Pokemon could be possible candidates besides Riolu and Yamask? 

Oh, err... I don't really know xD

Golett also gives Ancient civilization vibes, but that's another Ghost... There are also Sigilyph and Unown (lol) but they don't fit. Fossil mons don't necessarily correspond to Egypt, but... Archen maybe?

Honestly it feels a bit hard to find a balanced trio of starters all Egypt-themed. Maybe it would be easier to go with traditional starters, and just make Egypt mons obtainable along the way. Ultimately it's gonna be up to the people who actually make that game, if it ever happens =p

7 hours ago, Abhimanyu said:

You could do:

-Riolu, Yamask, and Espurr.

-Cacturne, Pyroar and Sharpedo.

Or if you want traditional starters, you could do:

-All of the available starters

or

-Start a poll, and have people vote on their favorite Water, Grass and Fire starter. Then use the most popular as the starters.

7 hours ago, Alistair said:

Oh, err... I don't really know xD

Golett also gives Ancient civilization vibes, but that's another Ghost... There are also Sigilyph and Unown (lol) but they don't fit. Fossil mons don't necessarily correspond to Egypt, but... Archen maybe?

Honestly it feels a bit hard to find a balanced trio of starters all Egypt-themed. Maybe it would be easier to go with traditional starters, and just make Egypt mons obtainable along the way. Ultimately it's gonna be up to the people who actually make that game, if it ever happens =p

Golett doesn't really seem like it would be an Egyptian mon tho...  

Just now, DariusGrayy said:

You could do:

-Riolu, Yamask, and Espurr.

-Cacturne, Pyroar and Sharpedo.

Or if you want traditional starters, you could do:

-All of the available starters

or

-Start a poll, and have people vote on their favorite Water, Grass and Fire starter. Then use the most popular as the starters.

Golett doesn't really seem like it would be an Egyptian mon tho...  

That's a good idea. I might try that.