St0mpa's Dark mono run (Latest Defeated Boss: PULSE 07)

St0mpa

Hello everyone St0mpa here with the next part of my dark mono run.

Part 9: Save the kids.

On my way getting lost leaving the wasteland and swapping Turvy for Topsy I finally make it back to the railnet. We then get one of Cain's wonder lines.

Spoiler

n5hlgBh.png

We head inside and find Meteor grunts to mash.

Spoiler

mbeR55S.png

Poor thing still traumatised from before.

After messing arround with more Inverse field I learn that the AI really hate it. And by hate it I mean that they are useless on it. So after Charlotte walks through Cain (I wish I had gotten a screenshot of it) and this convosation happened we go to rescue Shelly.

Spoiler

z2cXqw4.png

hy7nOJi.png

Lovin' the sass.

When we get to the top I chose to not fight the doctor and move on past to fight Sirius instead.

LreaAbu.png

Spoiler

I lead with Bob, Cain leads with Nidoking and Sirius Leads with Chandelure and Hitmontop who intimidates us. Bob uses night slash on Chandelure but only deals 50% of its hp, Chadelure then uses heat wave criting Bob almost taking him out and dealing just under 50% to Nidoking, Nidoking then uses a weak poison tail on Hitmontop then uses high jump kick to KO Bob.

ulzbwjt.png

I send in Susan who needs the exp. Susan then finished what Bob began and KO's Chandelure with a crunch.

azDkbVC.png

Nidoking then hits Hitmontop with a shadow ball and Hitmontop KO's Susan with another high jump kick.

ui968PS.png

I bring in Harry and Sirius sends in Manectric. Manectric hits Nidoking with fire fang, Nidoking hits Hitmontop with a poison tail, Harry sets up a dragon dance (miss play here should have just killed the stupid spinning top), Hitmontop the KO's Harry with a high jump kick.

gE4YKcq.png

I bring in Frogo. Sirius uses an ultra potion on Hitmontop, Frogo (trying to be smart and avoid the electric move from Manectric) uses smack down on Hitmontop (which wouldn't have even killed), Manectric then takes out Nidoking with an ice fang.

UpOLXVR.png

Cain brings in Samurott. I hit Hitmontop with a water pulse, now Manectric hits Frogo with a thunder fang KOing him even though at the start of the turn Frogo was a rock type.

ms9rzqD.png

Hitmontop then uses High jump kick on Samurott who retaliates with revenge. I send in Snips. Sirius heals Hitmontop again, Manectric uses thunder fang on Samurott KOing it.

3fij5dH.png

Snips then uses crunch on Manectric for over 1/2 its hp. Cain sends in Venomoth. Manectric uses fire fang on Venomoth, Venomoth uses psybeam on Manectric and even with a crit doesn't KO, Hitmontop finally fucking misses high jump kick, Snips then takes it out with a storm throw.

NDCA5Gb.png

Sirius sends in Honchkrow. Manectric misses a fire fang, Venomoth takes out Manectric with a signal beam.

GxOb6IG.png

Honchkrow then brave birds Venomoth.

pudP6hd.png

Snips takes it to red hp with a storm throw. Sirius sends out Seviper, Cain sends out Haunter. Haunter uses shadow ball taking out Honchkrow.

seM05wG.png

Seviper uses aqua tail on Haunter doing good damage, Snips uses crunch on Seviper taking it to 50% hp. Sirius sends in Probopass. Haunter then uses shadowball on Seviper almost taking it out, Seviper then uses night slash (wondering why it didn't use that the first time) KOing Haunter.

tU6jfXx.png

Snips then takes Probopass down to its sturdy with a storm throw, Probopass then hits Snips with a magnet bomb. Cain sends out Muk. Seviper uses poison fang on Snips, Snips then moves second (damm the others are slow) and KO's Probopass with another storm throw.

lqONRMd.png

Muk KO's Seviper with a mudbomb.

fPeogss.png

I made so many misplays here some due to me being stupid some due to me wanting to spread the exp and not just feed all of it to Topsy who is my highest level atm.

Sirius runs off I pick up the railnet key and we head back to the railnet with the kids. After looking at all the pretty Aron's for a bit, gathering all the goodies (including the corrupted pokeball that I have no idea what to do with (I know it has a ralts inside (I think))) and letting the move reminder back into her house I go and complete the rail puzzle to move on with the story. Though after they head into the cave I remember to actually go and pick up the sticker and have a look at what is on the next floor of the shop. After picking up a couple of the type berries (bug, fighting, fairy) I head back to the story. I see a lunatone but decide to leave it for now as I can't use it. In the caves I pick up this little guy.

Spoiler

5lMV4Yq.png

And after setting the weather to windy and going through that god forsaken forrest I get this little guy.

Spoiler

a2YL90g.png

We get to the house of the bug moron and he is the first person we see.

Spoiler

Yq8mAiz.png

Actually with what has been happening to the rest of the stuff it wouldn't make a noise.

We go inside the house of mirrors and instead of talking to them we go upstairs to teleport the other bookshelf back to the house then after gathering everything else she gives us an exp share which will be very helpfull.

Spoiler

SMCgk90.png

PnoEcah.png

I would as well.

Now that is where I will leave it for now as I have a few things to go and breed so I will see you all next time. Stay safe, have fun and may RNGesus bless you.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone St0mpa here with the next part of my dark mono run.

Part 9.1: Save the kids.

So after alot of time breeding and training I have 1 replacement and 3 new members to the roster.

krookodile.gif

Spoiler

UNaiUri.png6gobIfg.png

mightyena.gif

Spoiler

rO58ZPe.pngT0g8MK7.png

Fire fang replaced howl for extra coverage.

umbreon.gif

Spoiler

Snowball, Support Wish Passer

Spoiler

hfHMnhZ.pngdctXlgB.png

Eclipse, Curse attacker with Baton Pass

Spoiler

F87y2Bl.pngsWtMs0W.png

I derped for both of these and when it comes to use them Assurance will be replaced with Payback

Now I am off to wreck some mirrors.

My team for Bennet + Serra

Spoiler

M9fLd3D.png

G5eTI39.png

WA4JX4c.png

I changed his item to be a hard rock to boost smack down after taking the pic.

hRcL3aX.png

3bCZcet.png

ipdUMxT.png

So Plan A is to use grassy terrain from stevotron, have Skunkzilla set it on fire with flame burst, then have Frogo mimic what I did to Shelly and abuse everyone with burning field smack down. Plan B is to have KrockAndRoll smash the mirrors and use him and Branwen to fire fang everything. Plan C is to abuse the AI with topsy-turvy Inverse Field.

Now time for the buggy bugger.

mi11xQ9.png

Spoiler

Turn 1 is absolutly flawless. Shiftry sets up Grassy terrain then goes down in 1 hit to a bug bite. Grassy terrain turn count: 1

b5BQvo9.png

Turn 2 goes quite well. Skunkzilla sets the grassy terrain on fire but the bug bite doesn't hit any way near hard enough to take it out. Grassy terrain turn count: 2. Now for the risky moment of the fight, swapping into Frogo. I swap in Frogo and he takes alot of damage from the bug bite but doesn't go down to it or the following field damage. Grassy terrain turn count: 3. Larvesta goes down to a field boosted smack down. Grassy terrain turn count: 4

BH1yfUO.png

Dustox is 1 shot as well. Grassy terrain turn count: 5

881ZxNT.png

Frogo levels up so he can survive another turn of the field and Masquerain comes out Intimidating me. It is still a 1 shot. Grassy terrain turn count: 6

8NyswIB.png

Butterfree comes out and gets 1 shot but Frogo goes down to the field. Grassy terrain turn count: 6. It did its job Bennett got destroyed by it but it sucks that it had to go down before total victory.

ZWyFiD2.pngmdemvGh.png

Knowing that there is only 1 more turn of field I send in KrockAndRoll to make sure that I break the Mirrors when they come back. Bennett sends out Vivillon. It goes down to a field boosted fire fang.

8MOIjsE.png

It gets hit by the field then the field dissapears. A +1 EQ 1 shots Venomoth without even the extra damage from breaking the field.

uetrLTB.png

f3gNbm2.png

Was totally worth the extra damage taken.

Now after El's bit to Bennett and myself going to heal I am ready to take on Serra. (same team)

IEqZ0Q8.png

Spoiler

So after Stevotron got outsped several times by Cryogonal and not being able to set up grassy terrain I realise that I need to change strategy. So I decide (after a little testing) to lead with Topsy. I get hit by a flrost breath and set up the Inverse field. Now at this point Topsy is fodder so I can safely swap into Stevotron. But if it can get a kill while its here that also works. I take another frost breath and do alot of damage to it with a night slash. Serra then uses an ultra potion and it gets put back to the same hp from night slash. It then KO's Topsy with a third frost breath.

HoCRWGn.png

I send in Stevotron. Serra uses an ultra potion and I go for a grassy terrain but it fails. I assume it is because you can't override the field with another field summoning but no matter as on the Inverse Field Nature power is trick room so it means that even after the resistance to Ice fades I will just outspeed it. It misses a frost breath and I use nature power trick room and the inverse field ends. I set up grassy terrain and it misses another frost breath. Using the trick room I hit it with a nature power energy ball before going down to a frost breath.

YfokgUq.png

After several flame bursts and frost breaths back and forth with Serra using her other potion Skunktank goes down.

cMGknb3.png

I send in Branwen and go for a fire fang. Cryononal goes down.

H3c8jHG.png

Trick room fades. Serra sends out Vanilluxe. A fire fang puts it to critical hp but a signal beam does the same to me and we both go down to the field. The field also goes back to normal.

R4oa1U5.pngJksAhr3.png

I send out KrockAndRoll, Serra sends out Jynx who gets an evasion boost from holding bright powder. KrockAndRoll misses an EQ but it shatters the mirrors, however it goes down to a frost breath.

I1YamYC.png

I send out Frogo who needs to sweep now and missing his first smack down and being put to critical hp by an energy ball doesn't help. Second one hits and Jynx is down.

5O8y1H7.png

Serra sends out Glaceon who takes less than 50% hp from a smack down but misses a frost breath. I use an Ultra potion but frost breath takes me low again. I use a revive on KrockAndRoll and Frogo goes down to a frost breath.

MwtAkpK.png

I use an Ultra potion but KrockAndRoll goes down to a frost breath.

8Vw15SO.png

First try is a fail.

OK so because my main idea doesn't work due to the speed problems I go with a different aproach.

Team for attempt 2:

Spoiler

UuObNwj.png

Ec71EIh.png

RdBDh90.png

RMX5ZwK.png

jtz89Fx.png

DPM6VML.png

So now onto take 2:

IEqZ0Q8.png

Spoiler

I send out KrockAndRoll to try and deal with Cryogonal and it takes it out with 1 fire fang.

1mlhxkg.png

Vanilluxe comes out but gets an evasion boost. But it is outsped and goes down to a +1 EQ to also destroy the field. Now the reason I didn't remove the field first turn is that Cryogonal has levitate so it would make KrockAndRoll a pure suicide lead just to remove the field.

bxxniyE.png

Jynx comes out and goes down to a crunch.

hTn1OY9.png

Glaceon dies to a fire fang.

BS7ccT9.png

Aurorus comes out, makes it hail then dies horribly in a wild earthquake.

54MdSMk.png

KrockAndRoll finally gets outsped by Frostlass and goes down to a frost breath.

xo3nxXp.png

Now for Scrappy style points I send out Snips. Frostlass uses confuse ray and Snips punches herself in the face. Frostlass uses frost breath taking Snips a little low, then snips takes herself even lower by punching herslef in confusion again. Snips falls to another frost breath.

mejfpfq.png

I send in Ogryn as it is immune to crits. I take just under 50% hp from a non crit frost breath then deal alot of damage back with a knock off. Serra heals but takes another knock off so its in about the same spot. The next frost breath leaves me very low but I live and take it out with another knock off.

62PtvCu.png

That was way less painfull that the first battle. But I tried properly in the second fight and I wasn't trying to use the stupid burning field gimick that cost me the first fight.

Now after that fight we find the pokemart and a teleporting girl so we use the first purchase of medicen to heal the teleporting girl who broke her leg and when we meet her back in town she gives us another sticker. Then we go buy another medicen and head back to the kids. After resting up we head back outside to battle Noel which promptly gets haulted by the doctor and team meteor ariving so here we are battling the doctor.

MeWB1my.png

Spoiler

Jolteon outspeeds and hits KrockAndRoll with a signal beam but is OHKO'd by earthquake. Electivire comes out and gets 1 shot as well.

smfyVDe.png

Lanturn gets 1 shot by crunch.

LNj274r.png

Same for Eelektross.

FXfIO1D.png

Luxray drops to an EQ.

wLm1563.png

Rotom drops to a crunch.

X0d660z.png

Such an easy fight.

I decide to stop the Doctor as the kids upstairs are protected whereas the ones in the kitchen aren't. So things happen and Saphira gets captured. Now as we are going to do the raid these people are at the entrance.

Spoiler

tmM9GkW.png

I don't know if they were punched/beaten unconsious or if they were put to sleep by Laura's pokemon.

After beating up some guards and brute forcing some puzzles, I find the PULSE readout for Abra.

Spoiler

URZSKNH.png

Interesting but it is missing something. That something being a note somewhere that says 'Weak to Perish Song'.

So after running arround the base some more and then being teleported then running arround the caves we come up against the steelix. We also find out a bunch of stuff about Lin.

RI9DYQo.png

Spoiler

Hello steelix have you met our lord and saviour perish song?

MSiOyAE.png

Murkrow makes all of these fights so easy.

Spoiler

CLto83p.png

Sassy super Abra is super sassy.

l0hZpg9.png

Here we have an example of the main character being the only competant person to exist.

I wasn't gonna show the Abra fight due to perish song but a couple of sucker punches from Branwen and a crunch killed it faster than perish song did.

zIOJMoK.png

I am a little supprised.

Spoiler

r0Q0dzv.png

Lin does sound scary.

qEyXgXD.png

She seems more calm about us than they said she would be.

Well with that other story stuff out of the way onto the battle Vs Noel.

My team:

Spoiler

xk5Se0Y.png

2Lb0Tzg.png

Ac7nBwf.png

3G2wj7i.png

AEV4NAX.png

nKrlx2y.png

Qj3M5I4.png

Spoiler

I lead with Bob and set a layer of toxic spikes I get hit for almost 2/3 of my hp from a dazzling gleam. I chose to sac off bob to get the second layer of toxic spikes up.

7mTPKno.png

2 fire fangs nearly take it out.

fbBo61s.png

Noel uses 2 ultra potions to counter my fire fangs.

2wsLEuE.png

I pretty much waste Molly by going for a nasty plot and then trying to heal it with berry ice cream.

3eHz7mZ.png

Snips hits it with a stength then goes down.

QCGJ4jI.png

It goes down to a head smash from Harry.

yC6mEKi.png

Harry goes down to a brave bird from Swellow.

nsKa4cG.png

Welp time to try again.

Take 2:

Team 2:

Spoiler

qK9WMKU.png

BCvoAIT.png

GyXBATY.png

ItFB25O.png

65Is27H.png

ZgmAd2N.png

Spoiler

This time I start with Stevotron and leech seed Wigglytuff and I get hit by thunder wave. Next turn I go down to a dazzling gleam.

x4IHbGQ.png

I send in Ogryn to set up toxic spikes but dazzling gleam does a little over 50% but after the field heal + black sludge + leech seed I heal up quite a bit. another turn of that and I am just over 50% hp. I hit it with a poison fang but go down to a dazzling gleam.

AxIiNmF.png

I send out Skunkzilla who hits it with an acid spray but gets paralyzed by thunder wave. Noel heals up with an ultra potion, I go for flame burst and with its damage + the new field + leech seed the Tuff goes down.

QSSZ1lm.png

Swellow comes in and hits me with a facade while I hit it back with a crunch. Swellow then gets burned by flame orb. I then heal to full using a berry ice cream but I get 1 shot by a burned guts boosted facade.

DvNmmv9.png

I send in Frogo. Noel heals up Swellow only for Frogo's smack down+ the other end turn effects to take it to the red. Noel heals again but it isn't enough to save the bird from more smacking. (missed screen shot sorry)

Cinccino comes out and gets badly poisoned by the toxic spikes. I hit it with an OK water pulse but even with the field decreasing its power I almost go down to bullet seed. I hit it again, go down to another bullet seed but the field and the poison make it a double KO.

ALPa4uJ.pngraS4qGY.png

I send out Harry and Noel sends out Porygon-Z and it gets a download boost in special attack. It hits me almost taking me out in 1 hit, I go for a D-Dance and the field leaves me at 1 hp. I then KO with high-jump-kick. But also go down to the field.

kfbEVwE.pnguGynTNu.png

I send in KrockAndRoll, Noel sends in Girafarig. I go for a max revive on Skunkzilla. Girafarig hits me with HP fire. I then take it out with a crunch.

4PGP91e.png

Now the demon Clefable arrives. I go for a field boosted fire fang and deal a bit over 50% of its hp. But I do go down to a moonblast.

46QlOwr.png

I then bring in Skunkzilla. I go for a field boosted flame burst that does no way near enough damage. I then take a moon blast for most of my hp. I then use a revive on KrockAndRoll and go down to moonblast.

ifBT2fZ.png

Now I went with KrockAndRoll as the last fire fang did over 50% of its hp but I forgot that the last one was at +1 from moxie so I went for the fire fang this time and it didn't quite kill meaning I went down to a moonblast wiping a second time.

LHMJoA7.png

Now I am going to leave this part on that slightly dissapointing note as I need to go away and do some training and rethink some things before I try again. So I will see you all next time. Stay safe, have fun and may RNGesus bless you.