"Taking a break" for now

Vhandrake

Well, this goes for the people who read my country-based run, at least the first 3 chapters, i'm not going to continue updating it, i'll keep playing it on my own cause it's a very nice team, but the lack of feedback was so big.. And to be honest, unexpected aswell, that i'll just stop posting about that run... Or any other run, apparentely i suck at this or something, so i'll just leave it to the ones who are good at it, i'll keep commenting and taking ideas from others posts cause this community has awesome ideas, but for me? I'll just limit myself to contributing to other runs and not posting about my own runs.

Thank you, as always, love this community.

Awwww, this is sad... I loved the idea, and really wanted to see it in action...

First @Awesome_One puts his monos on hiatus, then the country run gets cancelled... :( 

But do what pleases you guys! After all, it's about you having fun first and foremost! :) 

50 minutes ago, FactoryofSadness said:

That's too bad. I hope you stick around.

47 minutes ago, Awesome_One said:

I liked it but if it's what you wanna do, then go ahead. Hope you stick around though. Wouldn't feel right if you weren't.

43 minutes ago, Jess said:

Awwww, this is sad... I loved the idea, and really wanted to see it in action...

First @Awesome_One puts his monos on hiatus, then the country run gets cancelled... :( 

But do what pleases you guys! After all, it's about you having fun first and foremost! :) 

Don't get me wrong, i loved it.. But if after 3 chapters i get almost 0 feedback (Almost cause Factory commented it) ... I don't know, i don't feel like doing something no one enjoys.

Just now, Vhandrake said:

Don't get me wrong, i loved it.. But if after 3 chapters i get almost 0 feedback (Almost cause Factory commented it) ... I don't know, i don't feel like doing something no one enjoys.

Don't apologise, it is perfectly understandable. I would've commented, but with the overload of new runs, my run and my work, I didn't have enough time lately...

Do it for yourself if you enjoy it, it is equally good :) As far as I helped you have fun with at least a couple of my ideas, I'm happy too! 

Honestly, new runs are just popping up every day on the forums now. When I started my Bug mono, the only active one was @Gentleman Jaggi's Ground mono and maybe one more. All the others were finished. And then, POOF! xD

Just now, Jess said:

Don't apologise, it is perfectly understandable. I would've commented, but with the overload of new runs, my run and my work, I didn't have enough time lately...

Do it for yourself if you enjoy it, it is equally good :) As far as I helped you have fun with at least a couple of my ideas, I'm happy too! 

Honestly, new runs are just popping up every day on the forums now. When I started my Bug mono, the only active one was @Gentleman Jaggi's Ground mono and maybe one more. All the others were finished. And then, POOF! xD

Yeah you did, Jess (The Venusaur) Is a huge help, and overall it's a pretty interesting team and i would've never come up to... So thanks to you and Fact for helping with the idea, appreciate it alot.

4 minutes ago, Vhandrake said:

Just now, Jess said:

Yea. What Jess said. Do it for you. Trust me. It feels good when people comment on my posts and say good stuff about it. But I do it cus it's just fun for me to just type stuff and put it up. Even if no one at all commented, I'd still be putting it up.

1 minute ago, Vhandrake said:

Yeah you did, Jess (The Venusaur) Is a huge help, and overall it's a pretty interesting team and i would've never come up to... So thanks to you and Fact for helping with the idea, appreciate it alot.

You're welcome! And yes, exactly what @Awesome_One said. Never do something you don't find amusing just because someone else finds it fun. And don't worry, be happy ;) 

Making a suggestion here: perhaps add a couple of pictures to your run? Maybe a couple screenshots or at least something that looks visually pleasing. I understand that lack of response in a thread you dedicate time to can be really hard-hitting, but remember that continuously reading long pages of text can be rather tedious to read. Also, note: remember that people reading your thread aren't as familiar the nicknames of your Pokemon as you are, which is why I always make it a point to write the Pokemon in brackets. Eg: I send out Thorn (Roselia). When I went through your thread I found myself constantly scrolling up to recall which Pokemon you were referring to.

Also, a monorun is more for yourself rather for others: feedback always does give you an extra motivational boost, but for me it's the fun while playing it - incorporating different strategies for different bosses.

I recommend continuing updating your thread, unless you find it a complete chore to do so.