Ideas for a run?!

Vhandrake

So i'm bored as hell and i finally got some time, and i want to do a Reborn run... So if you guys got any ideas, such as mono-runs, or character-based team or ... Idk, anything you guys can think of that can be interesting somehow... Feel free to share your ideas with me and i'll play the one i like the most (And probably update about it).

Thank you!! 

10 minutes ago, Vhandrake said:

So i'm bored as hell and i finally got some time, and i want to do a Reborn run... So if you guys got any ideas, such as mono-runs, or character-based team or ... Idk, anything you guys can think of that can be interesting somehow... Feel free to share your ideas with me and i'll play the one i like the most (And probably update about it).

Thank you!! 

I have yet to see anyone do a run based on countries. You would need to use the Reborn Sandbox mode, but for the run, you could only catch Pokemon representing certain countries. Here are some examples:

America: Braviary (FREEDOM)

Mexico: Hawlucnha (because of how popular Luchadors are there)

Canada: Bibarel (the friendly and helpful guy who is constantly mocked)

England: Politoed (it gets Drizzle, and it doesn't stop raining there)

Germany: Garchomp (one of the best countries around, always a threat to others)

Poland: Pachirisu (the nice country which got annihilated by Germany during World War II)

Italy: Lickilicky (loves eating food, but isn't taken seriously in fights)

Russia: Beartic (an icy bear which thrives in the cold, counters Germany)

Of course, these are only my interpretations. You would be the one who decides which Mon matches which country.

An interesting type of run that someone suggested to me is a Route run. You choose a route number, (1,2, etc), and then only catch and use the mons that appear on that route from all generations, so for example, Route 1 Kanto, Johto, or the corresponding Route as some regions don't have Route 1(such as Route 101). You could do this with essentially every route number that has a corresponding route for each region. You could also do the same idea but with the Forests of each gen.

9 hours ago, FactoryofSadness said:

Germany: Garchomp (one of the best countries around, always a threat to others)

I love this one! I'm Greek, strongly dislike Garchomp, hence what better country to be represented by it than Germany?

JK to German friends :D 

Edit: @FactoryofSadness Get a Bellossom with Sunny Day as Greece too! 300 days per year sunny, a lot of green and with very good defences! (has survived through the ages for more than 3 thousand years)

Edited by Jess

38 minutes ago, Jess said:

I love this one! I'm Greek, strongly dislike Garchomp, hence what better country to be represented by it than Germany?

JK to German friends :D 

Edit: @FactoryofSadness Get a Bellossom with Sunny Day as Greece too! 300 days per year sunny, a lot of green and with very good defences! (has survived through the ages for more than 3 thousand years)

That's actually a great representation! i'd tell him to get a Golisopod for France (since France has one of the best armies in history, but retreats when things get tough), but he's not out yet in the game.

Just now, FactoryofSadness said:

That's actually a great representation! i'd tell him to get a Golisopod for France (since France has one of the best armies in history, but retreats when things get tough), but he's not out yet in the game.

Get a Stunfisk and name it Napoleon too! Cause he is famous for being short as fuck! xD

And maybe a Vespiquen for China. Because she uses the power of the numbers of her swarm, and matches China's population. But gotta keep the 3 Order moves!

I guess i'll do a country-based run! I'll take notes to what you guys told me and i'll try to add some new ones.. If everything goes as i would like to, in a couple of hours i should start the journey (Just woke up, so be patient) Love this community.

@Jess and @FactoryofSadness can you give me a hand? I'm struggling a bit D: i want to add a Pokémon that fits my own country (Argentina) I just can't think of any >.< Ideas? D:

Edited by Vhandrake

@Vhandrake Isn't it Mustang country? (not sure about the breed, but I'm certain that Argentina is famous for the wild horse breeds that gallop in the Pampas). So, I'd say a shiny male Rapidash would fit Argentina perfectly! Especially since the Eastern half of Tierra Del Fuego (Land of Fire) belongs to Argentina!

Edit: @Vhandrake Also Spain can be represented by Tauros. Miltank can represent India (holy animal). Persian can represent Egypt (cats were worshipped in Ancient Egypt). And Swanna can represent Finland, because the 1-euro Finnish coin illustrates two swans flying over a Finnish landscape. The whooper swan is the Finnish national bird. (source from wikipedia here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_euro_coins)

Edited by Jess

4 minutes ago, Vhandrake said:

Mustang you mean the horse? i think it's from North America

What about Criollo horse? I'd really suggest a shiny Rapidash, because of the Gauchos anyways.

Edited by Jess

Just now, Jess said:

What about Criollo horse?

That one lives in Argentina, that is correct, i thought about that

Also thought about Tauros, since we're also related to bulls and cows.. I thought of Empoleon, there are penguins in the south... There no jaguar-like Pokémon or i would go for that too xD.. But i think Caballo Criollo will do.. That being Rapidash.. Idk if it'll be shiny, though, since Reborn's shiny Rapidash is rainbow-like

3 minutes ago, Vhandrake said:

That one lives in Argentina, that is correct, i thought about that

Also thought about Tauros, since we're also related to bulls and cows.. I thought of Empoleon, there are penguins in the south... There no jaguar-like Pokémon or i would go for that too xD.. But i think Caballo Criollo will do.. That being Rapidash.. Idk if it'll be shiny, though, since Reborn's shiny Rapidash is rainbow-like

I said shiny, because the Aurora Australis is visible in Southernmost spots of Argentina. And it slightly resembles the rainbow colours on the night sky. Plus Tierra del Fuego and Criollo horse=shiny Rapidash.

Edited by Jess

Just now, Jess said:

I said shiny, because the Aurora Australis is visible in Southernmost spots of Argentina. And it slightly resembles the rainbow colours on the night sky. Plus Tierra del Fuego and Criollo horse=shiny Rapidash.

Well, you convinced me, THANKS! As a thank you, how many ideas do you have for greek Pokémon (besides Bellosom)? I'll name that one after you.

You can go for Bellossom, as I said before, or Venusaur. It loves sun, has Chlorophyll and is named after Venus, the Greek Goddess of beauty. It even learns Solar Beam, but it is available too late in Reborn, so not so sure about that xD Or Wingull/Pelipper, because our seas have so many seagulls!

Just now, Jess said:

You can go for Bellossom, as I said before, or Venusaur. It loves sun, has Chlorophyll and is named after Venus, the Greek Goddess of beauty. It even learns Solar Beam, but it is available too late in Reborn, so not so sure about that xD Or Wingull/Pelipper, because our seas have so many seagulls!

I would go for Bellossom.. But i don't like it at all, So i may go for Bulbasaur! 

3 hours ago, Vhandrake said:

I guess i'll do a country-based run! I'll take notes to what you guys told me and i'll try to add some new ones.. If everything goes as i would like to, in a couple of hours i should start the journey (Just woke up, so be patient) Love this community.

@Jess and @FactoryofSadness can you give me a hand? I'm struggling a bit D: i want to add a Pokémon that fits my own country (Argentina) I just can't think of any >.< Ideas? D:

I'm happy you are going for it! Here are some ideas I have:

Argentina: Ludicolo/Exeggutor (because down there, the climate is tropical and rainy)

North Korea: Malamar (an evil country which is designed to hypnotize its citizens into thinking it's good)

Zimbabwe: Donphan (this country hosts a large amount of elephants)

Egypt: Cofagrigus (because of the history of the ancient Egyptians)

I would generally agree with Jess about Persian belonging to Egypt, but I personally that honor belongs to:

United Arab Emirates: Persian (Persian loves wealth, and the UAE has a lot of said wealth)

Australia: Seviper/Arbok/Sharpedo/Ariados/ANYTHING THAT CAN KILL YOU

Ireland: Togekiss (relies on lucky hax to win)

Just some more ideas.

Just now, FactoryofSadness said:

I'm happy you are going for it! Here are some ideas I have:

Argentina: Ludicolo/Exeggutor (because down there, the climate is tropical and rainy)

North Korea: Malamar (an evil country which is designed to hypnotize its citizens into thinking it's good)

Zimbabwe: Donphan (this country hosts a large amount of elephants)

Egypt: Cofagrigus (because of the history of the ancient Egyptians)

I would generally agree with Jess about Persian belonging to Egypt, but I personally that honor belongs to:

United Arab Emirates: Persian (Persian loves wealth, and the UAE has a lot of said wealth)

Australia: Seviper/Arbok/Sharpedo/Ariados/ANYTHING THAT CAN KILL YOU

Ireland: Togekiss (relies on lucky hax to win)

Just some more ideas.

As for Argentina i decided Ponyta, besides only a small part of Argentina is actually tropical (That being a small part in the north) 

And since you had the idea, i want to name one after yourself, so tell me, which one would you like it? (If you don't wanna tell where you're from then just say a Pokémon :D) 

13 minutes ago, Vhandrake said:

As for Argentina i decided Ponyta, besides only a small part of Argentina is actually tropical (That being a small part in the north) 

And since you had the idea, i want to name one after yourself, so tell me, which one would you like it? (If you don't wanna tell where you're from then just say a Pokémon :D) 

I'm from the good ol' US of A, if you want to name me after FREEDOM. Also, Ponyta is a good choice for Argentina, as well.