V9 Spoilers - Interceptor?

Tamurlin

Spoiler

Sooo, anyone want to talk about that very interesting bit of dialogue from the Puppet Master? What I got from that is the MC apparently has the ability to possess people, possibly crossing time in order to change events, and is actually playing a big part in manipulating things?

On 6/11/2017 at 7:36 PM, Tamurlin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Sooo, anyone want to talk about that very interesting bit of dialogue from the Puppet Master? What I got from that is the MC apparently has the ability to possess people, possibly crossing time in order to change events, and is actually playing a big part in manipulating things?

I think the Puppet Master is being more literal. After all, he seems to know more than anyone. He might even know the future and he calls you "Interceptor" because he knows what you're gonna do (or what he needs you to do?). From what we've seen from Nim and Madame X, their might be some kind of connection between them. Perhaps everything that's happening is some sort of grand chess game between two people who're seemingly equal in power, Madame X and the Puppet Master?

1.) Madame X can bring people back from the dead.

2.) Nim can travel between dimensions (or at least one specific dimension)

3.) Puppet Master has his own dimension in which he seems to have ultimate power in. He somewhat extends his power by introducing Nightmare Medallions to the outside. He also freed those two from the Unown Dimension further establishing an idea of just how powerful he really is.

Edited by Animefan666

29 minutes ago, Animefan666 said:

I think the Puppet Master is being more literal. After all, he seems to know more than anyone. He might even know the future and he calls you "Interceptor" because he knows what you're gonna do (or what he needs you to do?). From what we've seen from Nix and Madame X, their might be some kind of connection between them. Perhaps everything that's happening is some sort of grand chess game between two people who're seemingly equal in power, Madame X and the Puppet Master?

2.) Nix can travel between dimensions (or at least one specific dimension)

3.) Puppet Master has his own dimension in which he seems to have ultimate power in. He somewhat extends his power by introducing Nightmare Medallions to the outside. He also freed those two from the Unown Dimension further establishing an idea of just how powerful he really is.

I like your "Chess Game" analogy. I'll go on under Spoilers.

Spoiler

- I think the "Chess Game" in question is between none other than the Main / Player Character an Marionette / Melia / ...Madame X

- I feel that in the current "Timeline" of Pokemon Rejuvenation, something will go wrong in the MC-Centric Prophecy towards the climax of the game

~ On such mishap could be the fault of the mysterious "Xenpurgis" that the Puppet Master referenced before his disappearance. Xenpurgis could in fact be many things, but I think of it          as some sort of disease / plague with the information we have so far (Puppet says beware, BladeStar Grunt says Flora has it) 

- I think that while the MC causes it, Melia (and all of her forms) cures it

- I think that due to this revelation at the end of the game, Crescent (with her cynical / deadly nature) convinces Melia to disguise herself and form Team Xen with very specific people     in order to go back in time and eliminate the MC

~ However, there is a catch. In order for the prophecy to work, another form of Melia must be there when another form of her eliminates the MC (which is why Madame X goes to            Marionette in the Introduction and only attempts to kill MC at BlackSteeple AND why Madame X saved the MC in the past

- On the note of grief, Crescent has conditioned both Melia and the MC to feel grief in order to secure "The Cleanse"

~ I think that Prof. Jenner is an imposter (the real one died in a fire many years ago), and Crescent first appears when Melia learns of Jenner's betrayal (which is why she and Melia X       recruited him in the future / past / whatever (time is confusing)

~ "Nancy" is also an imposer of a Unovan Idol who was only created by Crescent to be potentially killed by Melia X (she could have also been a mole for Team Xen in the first place.          The Shipwreck could have been a ruse in order to transport Nancy to the Base at BlackSteeple while keeping her cover in order to make the MC feel grief

~ The Puppet Master is an omnipotent force who cares not to mess with "fate", merely to watch it play out in a rather amusing fashion.

In conclusion, the "Chess Game" is between the MC (The Destroyer) and Marionette / Melia / Madame X (The Creator) in order to balance the fate of humanity. I predict that the "Final Boss" of the game will be Crescent with a Heavily-Controlled Melia (she'll be vulnerable due to shock of what she has done) and the MC will be teamed up with Melia X, who has come to her senses after her senseless violence. The game will end on a choice.

Above is my crappy theory about Madame X and whatnot. I probably missed some bits due to me writing it out on the fly, but whatever. :P

16 hours ago, Animefan666 said:

I think the Puppet Master is being more literal. After all, he seems to know more than anyone. He might even know the future and he calls you "Interceptor" because he knows what you're gonna do (or what he needs you to do?). From what we've seen from Nix and Madame X, their might be some kind of connection between them. Perhaps everything that's happening is some sort of grand chess game between two people who're seemingly equal in power, Madame X and the Puppet Master?

2.) Nix can travel between dimensions (or at least one specific dimension)

Who's Nix?

5 minutes ago, Animefan666 said:

In version eight, Nix was the girl that stole your money on Route 2.

...Nim?
Afaik, she nearly haven't changed from V8 to V9

Edited by DeathBoo

Just now, DeathBoo said:

...Nim?

If that's her name. I haven't replayed Rejuvenation at all. One playthrough is enough, but once I'm satisfied with my first file, I may start a new one since the game got a massive overhaul in version nine. 

@ShadowStar

That sounds like an interesting theory. You definately put some thought into it and you suggest some things I haven't read before (and I applaud you for coming up with it... I suck at theories)

One question though: how exactly do the prophecy's of light and darkness fit into this theory? After all, both prophecy's mention 4 people each, so 8 in total.

1 hour ago, KmK said:

@ShadowStar

That sounds like an interesting theory. You definately put some thought into it and you suggest some things I haven't read before (and I applaud you for coming up with it... I suck at theories)

One question though: how exactly do the prophecy's of light and darkness fit into this theory? After all, both prophecy's mention 4 people each, so 8 in total.

Spoiler

In Grand Dream City, there is a Fortune Teller. She says that there is a "Light" and you and TWO friends stand side-by-side. She also says that 1 friend leaves you. This would happen before the Final Battle I had mentioned earlier

So, if we're going by my theory, I say that Melia occupies two of those slots, 1 side of light, and 1 side of darkness. 

Overall: 

Light: MC, Melia (Leaves), Venam / Veronica? (Due to the Melia connection?), Kanon? (Same) (Pretty sure Crescent talked to him last episode? By Train?)

Dark: Madame X (Melia), Crescent, Ren? (Due to the way Crescent went out of her way for him), Nastasia (The purple-haired girl who was friends with Maria) (She'll be significant)

As stated earlier, I think that Madame X will come to your side after coming to her senses and a distraught Melia will fall under Crescent's control.

As a whole, all members have a connection to Melia in some form. Another possibility could be Indriad on the side of darkness.

~~I feel like I'm talking about Kingdom Hearts~~

Everyone that Cresent talks to is significant

PS: I think that Spacea, Tiempa, and Crescent are Garufan Goddesses and represent Palia, Dialga, and Giratina respectively 

17 minutes ago, ShadowStar said:
  Hide contents

In Grand Dream City, there is a Fortune Teller. She says that there is a "Light" and you and TWO friends stand side-by-side. She also says that 1 friend leaves you. This would happen before the Final Battle I had mentioned earlier

So, if we're going by my theory, I say that Melia occupies two of those slots, 1 side of light, and 1 side of darkness. 

Overall: 

Light: MC, Melia (Leaves), Venam / Veronica? (Due to the Melia connection?), Kanon? (Same) (Pretty sure Crescent talked to him last episode? By Train?)

Dark: Madame X (Melia), Crescent, Ren? (Due to the way Crescent went out of her way for him), Nastasia (The purple-haired girl who was friends with Maria) (She'll be significant)

As stated earlier, I think that Madame X will come to your side after coming to her senses and a distraught Melia will fall under Crescent's control.

As a whole, all members have a connection to Melia in some form. Another possibility could be Indriad on the side of darkness.

~~I feel like I'm talking about Kingdom Hearts~~

Everyone that Cresent talks to is significant

PS: I think that Spacea, Tiempa, and Crescent are Garufan Goddesses and represent Palia, Dialga, and Giratina respectively 

I'm firmly sure that Aelita is one of Light, due to Puppet Master's obsession of MC and Aelita being together.

4 minutes ago, DeathBoo said:

I'm firmly sure that Aelita is one of Light, due to Puppet Master's obsession of MC and Aelita being together.

She id definitely a possibility as well. I don't know why i didn't mention her LOL. She could also play a role in some sort of climactic event that leads up to the one stated in my case above, but we don't know. :P

Spoiler

Crescent could be involved in the whole "memory wipe" thing because she did the same exact thing to Nim / Lorna earlier in the plot. This would also account for the changed appearances of some of the cast. (clothing change is symbolic in all characters). Veronica and Aelita makes more sense now. I think something will happen to Kanon before then because he seems like the more "vulnerable" type that would get in harms way.

Melia can't be Madame X. Blacksteep Castle estabilish them as two different people due to her surprise uppn being alove.

The lights are not born out of men, so Venam can't be one either.

Aelita may be the daughter of Keta, but that isn't on the registers, which gives the possibility of her being a light as well.

Finally, MC is born of Nancy, who seems to be an homunculus or something like that, implying that MC isn't born out of men and possobly a light.

1 hour ago, Lord C said:

1.) Melia can't be Madame X. Blacksteep Castle estabilish them as two different people due to her surprise uppn being alove.

2.) The lights are not born out of men, so Venam can't be one either.

3.) Aelita may be the daughter of Keta, but that isn't on the registers, which gives the possibility of her being a light as well.

4.) Finally, MC is born of Nancy, who seems to be an homunculus or something like that, implying that MC isn't born out of men and possobly a light.

Spoiler

Yeah, nothing is set in stone with this theory, it is just a theory after all, but allow me to offer my perspective on your points (which are great points, might I add)

1.) Personally, I feel that Madame X (Melia, in my mind) is a pushover, and that Crescent is the one truly in control. I think that throughout the course of the Plot, Madame X questions whether or not what she is doing is right (in which she'll finally realize as the Climax emerges). I feel that Crescent is the one making Grunts disappear and whatnot because we have seen her mercilessness before. I think that Crescent is the one sending the orders (such as what Cassandra referenced when talking to Madelis). I think that Madame X's "surprise" was a sign of weakness and hesitation. She knew all of the pieces were in place, but she didn't know what to do. She didn't act fast enough, so Plan B was enacted and Nancy was killed in the MCs stead.

2.) I think that this phrase may be less literal than it seems. I think of this phrase as if some divine interception took place (be it Arceus (who I view in a Typical Monotheistic Sense), The Puppet Master (who I view in a Deist Sense), or Spacea, Tiempa, and even Crecent along with who ever resides over them (who I view in a Polytheistic Sense) (I wonder who the Arceus of this potential quartet is? The actual Arceus?) I just think that these were the "Star" or "Chosen" Children and we're predestined to be associated with the MC and Melia heavily and we're perhaps born with special abilities (as we know Melia and the MC are)

3.) Yeah, I can definitely see Aelita being one of the lights as I referenced in an earlier post (I think the 1 tight Melia bond + 1 tight MC bond formula would work well for the remaining lights alongside Melia and MC, since she is a deurotagonist at this rate)

4.) I think that it is a given that the MC is a "Light", unless there is a major plot twist and he / she / xe is considered a "Darkness" for bringing upon a plague (in the case of my theory on Xenpurgis). I think that a real Nancy exists in the Pokemon Rejuvenation universe, but she is either dead, missing, thought to still be alive in Unova because the Impostor took her place, or just ignorant to the entire situation

Also, do any of you know who Cosmea or Comet are? I have some theories on them if nothing has been stated on them in-game.

Of course, this is all theory and I am really enjoying this discussion so far. Thanks for contributing and reading my mess. :)

Cosmea and Comet being named similar to Spacea and Tiempa makes me feel they are somehow related to them. Also, in the Past we see a police force mentioning a meteor is arriving, which may be how they arrived in our world. The attack on SS Oceania and Terajuma was filled with Dexoys, so it's possible that with their arrival, Deoxys came too and were used to build the Dexoys. It's possible that Comet and Cosmea lost a part ot their powers, which forced them to try to survive in the human world, but in case of one of them this was more pronounced, hence why he was stuck as the MC.

A possibility is that they used Nancy and her child since Nancy is a famous figure in Rejuvenation's world, so they found her on tv or something and decided to try to get some money out of it. However, they are strangely aware of recent events, like Nancy's death, meaning the reason could be another, like one of them using the MC due to the whole historic of beating team Xem or some other reason.

It's kinda difficult to understand the whole thing. It feels we have enough information to deduce their reasons, but I can't draw a conclusion. Likewise, Madame X has to be a character already introduced in the story, but it's kinda difficult to guess who she is right now.

26 minutes ago, Lord C said:

Cosmea and Comet being named similar to Spacea and Tiempa makes me feel they are somehow related to them. Also, in the Past we see a police force mentioning a meteor is arriving, which may be how they arrived in our world. The attack on SS Oceania and Terajuma was filled with Dexoys, so it's possible that with their arrival, Deoxys came too and were used to build the Dexoys. It's possible that Comet and Cosmea lost a part ot their powers, which forced them to try to survive in the human world, but in case of one of them this was more pronounced, hence why he was stuck as the MC.

A possibility is that they used Nancy and her child since Nancy is a famous figure in Rejuvenation's world, so they found her on tv or something and decided to try to get some money out of it. However, they are strangely aware of recent events, like Nancy's death, meaning the reason could be another, like one of them using the MC due to the whole historic of beating team Xem or some other reason.

It's kinda difficult to understand the whole thing. It feels we have enough information to deduce their reasons, but I can't draw a conclusion. Likewise, Madame X has to be a character already introduced in the story, but it's kinda difficult to guess who she is right now.

Spoiler

I think I found out how Cosmea and Comet are.

I think that they are the Garufuan Goddess representations of Solgaleo and Lunala (The Cosmic Duo). I also agree with them being asscotiated with the Deoxy

Interestingly enough, Cosmea is the "Mysterious Girl" that appears when the Man in Teila Resort almost says Madame X's name.

I still think that the Garufan Goddess's are the main antagonists (at least Crescent, Cosmea, and Comet) and there may be some sort of coup talking place behinf the scenes (under command of Crescent) because Spacea and Tiempa don't seem to be on the best terms with her. However, I don't know enough about Spacea and Tiempa to determine their alignment. Going off of my theory, there could have been a division among the Goddess's on whether or not Team Xen is the answer to saving humanity. Thinking about it, The Puppet Master could very well represent "Arceus" in this scene and he lets his Lower-Tier "Gods and Goddesses" do as they please, he merely created them (AND potentially the Prophecies). However, that breaks the trend of a character sharing coloration of the Legendary they represent (altough PM's division and changing coloration could symbolize Arceus).

In conclusion, I think that the Gods / Goddesses are divided on which actions should be taken to "stop" the MC, and Crescent, representing the Renegade Pokemon, Giratina, cooks up Team Xen.

I think that Crescent's harsh treatment towards Team Xen is a threat to Melia, as Madame X, to get her act together and to get the ceremony (killing MC with another form of her present) right. As she moves up and up the ranks of Team Xen (Crescent killing them), Crescent gets closer and closer to those whom Melia holds dear (Nastasia and Ren). Crescent could also torture Madame X through forcing her to give orders (such as the one to Madelis in v9) and the "disappearance orders" (of which are done potentially through Crescent's (or other's) Garufan magics. (which Melia may or may not have picked up through her training with Spacea and Tiempa) (...and potentially Crescent and others...)

• Global Mods

I don't really have full cohesive theories, but here are some thoughts to throw into the mix.

The puppet masters talk to the "interceptor" could actually be directed towards us, the player, as one of the lines is "which mind will you inhabit next?" and we as the player mostly inhabit the mind of the player, but there has been a couple of brief occasions when we played as someone else.

I think Cosmia and Comet might be aligned with Team Xen in some way, for the reason that during some sidequest/exploration part (I don't really remember when) some random NPC says they know Madame X's real name, but Cosmia appears out of nowhere (though we don't know who it is when this happens) says "no" and then makes him disappear before he can tell us. Xen obviously has quite a bit of background influence in GDC with Cassandra, so Cosmia in a public role (shows) could've been trying to influence the public in some way.

At this point, I think Aelita could be one of the lights, or could actually be one of the shadows (or neither but unlikely). during the flashback where they removed the garufa curse, undoing locks and chains around her soul caused her to gain red eyes/aura and throw the eldest into a wall, which seems kinda evil.

Spoiler

This is a very vague tangent and I don't think its correct but there could be some connection with this -> her mother (vivian) -> Anju -> Angie because she got some red eye/aura stuff too. but I don't think this is actually connected.

one other semi-unrelated thing, I'm not 100% convinced that Ren is bad now. Last thing we saw of him in goldenleaf was him being kind of confused and angry, then going off with crescent for a walk and talk. Next thing we see of him, he's with team Xen. something doesn't quite add up. While crescent isn't exactly a pinnacle of light or a character with clear allegiances, she's been pretty definitely working against the operations of Team Xen from what we've seen, and she's VERY persuasive.

17 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

I don't really have full cohesive theories, but here are some thoughts to throw into the mix.

The puppet masters talk to the "interceptor" could actually be directed towards us, the player, as one of the lines is "which mind will you inhabit next?" and we as the player mostly inhabit the mind of the player, but there has been a couple of brief occasions when we played as someone else.

I think Cosmia and Comet might be aligned with Team Xen in some way, for the reason that during some sidequest/exploration part (I don't really remember when) some random NPC says they know Madame X's real name, but Cosmia appears out of nowhere (though we don't know who it is when this happens) says "no" and then makes him disappear before he can tell us. Xen obviously has quite a bit of background influence in GDC with Cassandra, so Cosmia in a public role (shows) could've been trying to influence the public in some way.

At this point, I think Aelita could be one of the lights, or could actually be one of the shadows (or neither but unlikely). during the flashback where they removed the garufa curse, undoing locks and chains around her soul caused her to gain red eyes/aura and throw the eldest into a wall, which seems kinda evil.

Reveal hidden contents

This is a very vague tangent and I don't think its correct but there could be some connection with this -> her mother (vivian) -> Anju -> Angie because she got some red eye/aura stuff too. but I don't think this is actually connected.

one other semi-unrelated thing, I'm not 100% convinced that Ren is bad now. Last thing we saw of him in goldenleaf was him being kind of confused and angry, then going off with crescent for a walk and talk. Next thing we see of him, he's with team Xen. something doesn't quite add up. While crescent isn't exactly a pinnacle of light or a character with clear allegiances, she's been pretty definitely working against the operations of Team Xen from what we've seen, and she's VERY persuasive.

Spoiler

Mhm I think that Crescent persuaded Ren to join Team Xen in order to use him as a Bargaining Chip against Madame X (whom I think is Melia) in order to place her into a "Checkmate" of sort. We know how much Crescent loves killing (and we've seen her kill Team Xen Members). Just imagine how Melia would feel if one of her Friends died and it was technically her fault. That is the game Crescent is playing. If Madame X happens to be Melia, he might know of her identity and for that reason, joined Team Xen. I think I remember him saying that his reasons for joining were beyond our understanding.

The PuppetMaster could also represent Necrozma due to his shifting colors...

Those are some interesting theories.... But what if Aelita turns out to be Madame X in the future? because Puppet master wanted MC to be with Aelita at all times, so Aelita doesn't get crazy again.... just a thought.

If I figured out well, Crescent is using Garufian magic, and she is kinda against Madame X.... Aelita was cursed by Garufians to be "good" and when the curse was lifted she god all evil and out of control.... idk just a thought

Edited by Tomek

1 hour ago, Tomek said:

Those are some interesting theories.... But what if Aelita turns out to be Madame X in the future? because Puppet master wanted MC to be with Aelita at all times, so Aelita doesn't get crazy again.... just a thought.

If I figured out well, Crescent is using Garufian magic, and she is kinda against Madame X.... Aelita was cursed by Garufians to be "good" and when the curse was lifted she god all evil and out of control.... idk just a thought

Spoiler

Aelita is a possibility that I didn't think of for Madame X. It does make sense, I suppose. I'm still on #TeamMelia though

I don't think it can be said that Crescent is against Madame X because she recruited Ren and  Geara (through the burning of the Goodwood Radio Tower). 

On the note of Melia's "fulfillment" of the Prophecy and Madame X not appearing at Mount Valor, I think that Melia X's refusal to go to Mount Valor caused Crescent's  sudden rage (pushing Sharron of the Valor Cliff, causing Geara to go insane, and converting Zetta to his Solosis form). I think all of these actions are threats to Melia X on what she could do to Ren (since she caused Geara's insanity even though she recruited him) and Anastasia (more on her later).

Spoiler

I see parallels between the MC (I'll be using "he" to refer to the MC) and Melia

- Both were abandoned by / orphaned from their real parents (??? for MC / Indriad for Melia) (Crescent could have killed MCs parents / Crescent (as Gardevoir) killed Melia's mother and caused her father's insanity

- Both were then raised by a doppelganger of Crescent's (or another Garufan's) Magic (Nancy is fake / the real Prof. Jenner is (ironically) alluded to have died in a fire years ago

- I think BOTH MC and Melia repressed their childhood (MC thinks Nancy is mother / Melia forgets Anastasia [a childhood friend] and thinks Jenner is father)

I that Madame X (Melia) was granted her Childhood Memories upon agreeing with Crescent to form Team Xen

I think that Madame X's true mission is to eliminate the MC with another form of her present (to fulfill The Prophecy), in order to turn all the World back to normal (and to save her Father in the past from going insane due to Crescent Gardevoir) 

THAT is why she says "I'm sorry, Father" when she loses to the MC in battle. She wants to save her father from going insane due to Crescent, but she needs to help Crescent in order to do so. This is also why Madame X visits Marionette in the opening of the Game,

Overall, the main conflict of the Plot comes into the principle of: Do I change the Past? Do I let fate play out? (from Melia's perspective) Arceus has presented this choice to her and Arceus is very, very interested in what she may do.

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2017 at 7:26 AM, Lord C said:

Melia can't be Madame X. Blacksteep Castle estabilish them as two different people due to her surprise uppn being alove.

Spoiler

Have you seen the Odd House library?

On the top right there is a spell The Mark of the Forsaken, with this spell Maria the original Melia can be Madame X.

In the spell it says

"Those who bear this sigil shall be forgotten. They shall roam the land without ever being remembered by loved ones or companions. Soon they shall also forget themselves. Pondering their existence until they fall into complete insanity."

I guess the Maria = Madame X is much more valid if Nastasia forgot her but technically she was the reason she joined Xen? but she cant remember.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if you guys noticed Crescent but you can actually run into her in the Nightmare world in the post game of v9. 

(basically you know the area where you can enter the toy box and the audino grinder next to it.... well crescent is in the top right corner of that little park above the toy box.)

but anyways she says the word "soon" like 10 times and basically says that something will happen soon... It doesn't reveal much except for giving you the vibe that shes up to no good... 

So I too think that this will be one of those typical stories where you hang with the supposed "good guy" (crescent) until the end of the game where you meetup with your supposed final boss and realize that they are the good guy instead 

Edited by xPhinGaming