[SPOILER] V9 Puppet Master Double Battle

MightySceptile

Spoiler: So I'm battling these two puppet masters with Aelita and I just wanna ask one thing: Can I cry?

That support guy is so damn annoying he uses trick room, light screen, and reflect which messes up with my whole team and the turn I switch in my escavalier he uses trick room again and turns the dimensions back to normal and my teammate Aelita uses pokemon that are weak against psychic types, I'm so hurt :'(

(Btw this was normal mode, I kinda suck)

Edited by MightySceptile

Just now, MightySceptile said:

Spoiler: So I'm battling these two puppet masters with Aelita and I just wanna ask one thing: Can I cry?

That support guy is so damn annoying he uses trick room which messes up with my whole team and the turn I switch in my escavalier he uses trick room again and turns the dimensions back to normal and my teammate Aelita uses pokemon that are weak against psychic types, I'm so hurt :'(

Spoiler

If you can one shot the first pokemon and be lucky enough that aelita uses taunt at that bronzong the fight becomes super easy

Just now, MightySceptile said:

You mean the bronzong right

Spoiler

No the other one,because if you or aelita use taunt on bronzog it becomes useless since its moveset is trick room,toxic,light screen,reflect.Once you or her use taunt on that thing it will spam struggle and then you can  focus the other puppet master.Or at least thats how i beat them.

14 minutes ago, MightySceptile said:

Now I have another question I'm debating whether or not I should switch my blaziken and roserade for my mismagius in my pc

Definetly use your ghost types they work well in this battle and If you have Psychic types, use them too, the advantages they have on this field are insane. Coordinate your attacks and make them use their full restores early. I'd also focus mainly on the right side and attack the support pokemon like bronzong, when you got a chance, or if you can kill it go for it

Edited by Milotic

Literally just focus on Magenta's team. DO NOT try to take them both down or Neon down. Neon will survive your hits while Magenta will tear through your team. And trying to take them both down just ends in them overpowering you. Focus Magenta with Escavelier, since it can't be toxiced. Use Swords Dance so reflect doesn't matter. And strike when Bronzong from Neon puts up Trick room. From there, you should destroy Magenta's team. Then, you should be at like +4. And assuming Aelita's not dead, you just get to max attack on bronzong and win.

Edited by Sceptilespy

37 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

Literally just focus on Magenta's team. DO NOT try to take them both down or Neon down. Neon will survive your hits while Magenta will tear through your team. And trying to take them both down just ends in them overpowering you. Focus Magenta with Escavelier, since it can't be toxiced. Use Swords Dance so reflect doesn't matter. And strike when Bronzong from Neon puts up Trick room. From there, you should destroy Magenta's team. Then, you should be at like +4. And assuming Aelita's not dead, you just get to max attack on bronzong and win.

You're idea worked thank you so much as soon as I was +4 I wrecked everything even after trick room ended it didn't matter

I beat puppet masters 2 times because of bug and they were fairly easy for me, I just focused Magenta or whichever was offensive. I used sylveon, chandelure, tyrantrum, vaporeon, bellosom and malamar. I wasn't even preparing my team for that battle LOL

2 minutes ago, Tomek said:

I beat puppet masters 2 times because of bug and they were fairly easy for me, I just focused Magenta or whichever was offensive. I used sylveon, chandelure, tyrantrum, vaporeon, bellosom and malamar. I wasn't even preparing my team for that battle LOL

Your comment hurts me you know that

Every person is going to have some trouble with different leaders and an easy time with others based on their team composition and how they play, so it's perfectly understandable that some people find this battle quite easy. It took me a few tries myself on Intense - Taunt was a valuable asset.

4 minutes ago, MightySceptile said:

Your comment hurts me you know that

No problem. In retrospect, the battle isn't even hard. It just catches you off guard. but after that it's easy to prep for.

1 minute ago, Sceptilespy said:

No problem. In retrospect, the battle isn't even hard. It just catches you off guard. but after that it's easy to prep for.

Lol I know I was just salty is all because the first two battles were actually really annoying I started this topic after losing the second time

1 minute ago, MightySceptile said:

Lol I know I was just salty is all because the first two battles were actually really annoying I started this topic after losing the second time

Yeah I know the feeling. But with these Gym leaders, it's just trial and error

1 minute ago, Sceptilespy said:

Basically this but I can't say anything about it. I won on the first try, but played it at Reborn-level difficulty, so I guess it isn't much to take pride over. I can imagine blood-thirsty sadomasochist psycopaths that take on Intense building strategies or stuff to take them out, but there are always some stuff to watch out for.

For example: in double battles, focus on a single opponent. Second: have at least a pokemon with advantageous moves, but not type. The leader will always have counters for types disadvantageous to them, like how in Reborn Shade has a Chandellure with Energy Ball covering the Water and Rock weaknesses of his Chandellure

11 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

Yeah I know the feeling. But with these Gym leaders, it's just trial and error

Yeah, but most of the time it'll be multiple errors :)

Edited by MightySceptile

2 hours ago, MightySceptile said:

That support guy is so damn annoying he uses trick room which messes up with my whole team and the turn I switch in my escavalier he uses trick room again and turns the dimensions back to normal and my teammate Aelita uses pokemon that are weak against psychic types, I'm so hurt :'(

(Btw this was normal mode, I kinda suck)

You know despite my bitching about this game I'm super sad that the update is over now :'(

I think I'll make another save file replay the game again

1 hour ago, MightySceptile said:

You know despite my bitching about this game I'm super sad that the update is over now :'(

I think I'll make another save file replay the game again

Please do. The game is amazing.

How the Battle went for me (Intense Mode)

179740ea10494b32be203565375b4fb2.png

- Took me 2 tries

- Didn't take out Bronzong quickly enough on Try #1 so Light Screen screwed me over

- On Try #1 I was also too liberal with the lives of Aelita's Pokemon

- Try #2 I used a bunch of Spread Moves (albeit with more strategy) and Aelita lived through most of em

- Calm Mind Gardevoir helped a ton

- Eruption Typhlosion was Eruption Typhlosion

- Nidoking was really good against the Slow Team outside of Trick Room

- Pangoro was also nice (and Trick Room benefited me towards the end of the battle)

- Ludicolo is amazing. Rain Dance + Surf / Hyrdro Pump puts in massive work

- Magnezone tanks a looot of hits and the Para chance on everything is sweeet

- Telepathy is key

- Overall, this Battle is HELL if you let Trick Room and Screens go up. Concentrate on the Pokemon with those moves.

- Intense Mode: Offense > Defence, but some natural Bulk like Magnezone doesn't hurt.

179740ea10494b32be203565375b4fb2.png

• 2 months later...
On maandag 5 juni 2017 at 5:25 AM, Tomek said:

well, I had problems with Angie, to be honest, beat her from 6th try hahahah

Beat Angie on my 3rd try, was prepared to fight on an simple ice field instead of frozen dimension field.

Was thinking of melting the field 1st turn and destroy her with Electivire, that's when I noticed the damn Mammoswine.

Really wish I already had my Malamar back then.