Wolf's Opinion on Amazing Spiderman

Godot

with all honesty... the movie was Okay. (this coming from a huge spiderman geek)... but the whole purpose of the movie was to reinvent "the Spiderman" which they needed to do... also Stan Lee's Cameo.... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D

big thing I wanna talk about is the characters and how they are A. different from the first 3 movies, and B. How they were depicted compared to the comics.

First off Gwen Stacy (hears some random people complain about where is mary jane and why did they make up a new character to replace her)

Actually Gwen is older than spiderman... i have proof sitting on my shelf... but she played the role well, I have nothing against her performance

apparently she was supposed to die, she kinda did in a metaphoric way... but she didn't

next up, Aunt May and Uncle Ben. Uncle Ben, was a good uncle ben... aunt may the otherside...

duing the whole back story part of the movie... I saw Sally Field (aka the mom from Ms. Doubtfire) and i was like.... REALLY? she is a good actor and played her part well... but she doesn't look anything like aunt may... that was just my opinion, i liked the old aunt may actor alot cause she fit the part so well... but that is just me

"the Lizard"

okay... dr. connors was played well... but the lizard... really? he looked cool, but was really REALLY goofy XD there was 2 things in the movie i really liked that they did with the Doc, one, there was a really cool scene where Connors looks at a reflection of his arm... but they already told us his "desire" before this scene even happened... so why put it in so late? also there was a scene where the lizard was wearing a lab coat... he really REALLY should have kept it on... but nope... he ripped it off... i was a little disopointed about it...

Spiderman

this really was the high light of the movie... Toby McGuire was a decent spidey... but this new kid, Andrew Garfield took the cake! the was emotional when he wanted to be, and played the peter parker character really well! he also gave the spiderman character some personality... which is something i miss, parker is really fucked up in the head... so he takes it out on the criminals he fights as spiderman. apparently wearing the suit gives him confidence, as it should! I really approve of this spidey!

last was the secret ending... its obviously Green Goblin

Thanks for ruining the movie for me jerk.

I wanted to see Miles Morales as the new spiderman but I guess revamped Peter Parker is good i guess.

tumblr_m4ystfmAFZ1rse64oo1_500.png

I wish they added Mary jane in the movie so we can get the Mary Jane/Gwen Stacey(Black cat) love triangle thing going.

The movie was..well...AMAZING!!!! I thought it was very well done, and to be honest, a step above it's predecessors. Andrew Garfield played a great Spider-Man, I was surprised. As for The Lizard, I agree with the lab coat thing, all in all, I thought he looked pretty freaking cool (his face was a little goofy though). The fight scenes were spectacular, the spidey costume was awesome, and the comic relief was perfectly executed. That alarm clock scene! xD

I liked it, frankly.

Without saying anything to spoil the show... it wasn't GREAT, but it wasn't BAD, either. It had this... balance between the light-hearted moments and some pretty grim undertones, so I'm quite impressed.

As some others here have mentioned, well... I like the new Spiderman :) Andrew Garfield's got the physicality for the role as opposed to Tobey Maguire (Tobey was fine, but Andrew's got more muscles on him to fit the original depictions), and he also did the emotional bits with that light/dark balance I mentioned.

Definitely one for the DVD collection, and if the sequel is consistent with this one's quality, sign me up for tickets.