ortensiolamonte

I'm having trouble with Adrienn. My team is:

Torterra

Aegislash

Magnezone

Arcanine

Noivern

Swampert

I have an aron, a metagross or a forteress(toxic spikes) that I could train, but I think a crobat would work. Where is the best place to find high-leveled golbats?

Edited by ortensiolamonte

15 minutes ago, ortensiolamonte said:

Ok thanks!

Also, what really helped me beat Adirenn was Magnezone's Electric Terrain. With that, Adrienn's team doesn't get a field power bonus (couldn't help but make that Yu-Gi-Oh reference :P) and allows the use of fire attacks since they are normally changed to Dragon attacks on Adrienn's Field.

If you have an Amplifield Rock, you should have just enough time to win before the field reverts to the Fairy Tale Field.

Edited by Animefan666

Lord Magnezone was a key part for be beating this gyms, and I'll throw out a few other ideas though. My Slyveon ended up being very useful for many of the battles, as she was able to tank most of the fairy moves. If you can prevent the field from changing, fire type moves are Super Effective on two(?) of the Pokemon. I also used Perish Song on the Ace, which was a super cheap strategy, but worked.

general advice: use your fire types at the start of the fight and try to take out Gardevoir first; granbull is quite strong, but gardevoir has much better coverage; once whimsicott hits the field, bring out your steel types; whimsicott loves to use a prankster priority tailwind when it comes out, which will change the field to fairy-tale. Steel gets a nice power boost on this field, letting you eliminate any remaining threats. DO TAKE OUT MEGA MAWILE BEFORE THE FIELD CHANGE, AS FIRE MOVES BECOME DRAGON TYPE ON FAIRY FIELD, making it much harder to take her out without using a good ground type. Excadrill works wonders in this battle(but try to keep him for the second half; he doesnt last long), as well as Staraptor, since many of adriens pokes have a grass subtype. bringing your own terrain is also a valid strategy, but is not neccessary for victory. Dont try and force a poisin type on your team for just this battle (though crobat is an excellent option), as many poisin types that are avalible in reborn cant learn the moves they need to or are just bad. 

For your team specifically, i could provide more strategy if you gave me your movesets and held items, but for what i can see now, i would suggest leading with noivern and your pick of swampert or torterra. priortize down the gardevoir, and actually hope that granbull takes out noivern; this allows a clean switch in for arcanine, who will take out mega mawile. togekiss is not particularly threatening, but is annoyingly bulky. try and use phyiscal moves against it. if you decide to use crobat, save it for when the field changes; poison is much less effective in misty terrain, as you cant inflict status conditions. 

You know, I had problems with this gym as well. I like to keep my team under leveled for a challenge, so it was certainly interesting. However, what I ended up doing was getting rid of the Misty Terrain with Noivern's hurricane, then using trick room on my Bronzong. Since its ability was heavy metal, as well as boosted by the field effects, it did massive damage. My Magnezone and Swampert would then come in and pick up the scraps with field effect boosted Flash Cannon and metronome Rock Slide (with the occasional discharge to paralyze Florges). It is an extremely risky strategy, but it could pay off, as the AI will focus mainly on the Noivern on the first turn.

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2023 at 10:48 AM, Nighthawk said:

"@Veterans" How is Torterra gonna help  if Gardevoir is fast???? Also what would the IV's even be for torterra?

Also why do fire moves not work on the arena???????

The reason why fire moves don't work is because fire moves gain a dragon subtype when under fairy tale field. And since fairy types are immune to dragon moves, you may as well consider all fire moves to be dragon type moves while it's in effect. The Torterra can take a hit from Gardevoir, so as long as you hit it like a truck it'll be fine.