Do People play Board Games Around here?

Tartar

10 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Just so you know... those are all casual games, as far as board or table top gaming goes. CaH is the king of those games.

That's like playing tetris or candy crush compared to playing a tactics or persona game.

I've played all of those except Othello.

Just saying, there are far more involved games than those.

You have to remember that outside of the US, Canada, and the Northern European countries designer board games like those you and Baldr have played aren't actually available, and what most people know about are those exact games mentioned by Animefan. 

Board games are meant to be for everyone, and as long people have fun playing them, that's all that matters. So let's try not to be hostile towards people who aren't as deep into the hobby.

1 hour ago, Yuki said:

Some card games I've been enjoying recently include Cards Against Humanity & Exploding Kittens, my favorite board games of all time though HAVE to be Stratego & Settlers of Catan :-)

Settler of Catan is such a fun game, and considered a classic for a good reason, and what got me into board gaming in the first place. 

I'm glad to see that other's are enjoying it as well. 

I haven't actually tried Exploding Kittens, is it any fun? 

1 minute ago, Tartar said:

I haven't actually tried Exploding Kittens, is it any fun? 

Exploding Kittens is whimsical & HILARIOUS, mostly because of the artwork & different names/descriptions (which don't effect actual gameplay/are seriously just nice touches) of cards. Short, simple, easy to pick up- I'd check it out!
Has anyone here ever played boardgameonline???