IV's.

QualityGamingYT

40 minutes ago, Njab said:

If you want good ivs you can reset for them (only works for event pokemon that you don't have to battle)

Yup, as Njab said... resetting is specially worth it when doing the Ditto event (managed to get a 31/31/30/30/x/31)

52 minutes ago, QualityGamingYT said:

Are IV's Luck based? or completely random?

Btw, what's the difference? Is there a Luck stat somewhere, that i'm missing? xD

3 minutes ago, GS BALL said:

At what point you do the reset? Now in my second run, i am very interested in getting a decent ditto...

On the Ditto event? You can get one after you break out of the factory (the cages puzzle, where you break the bars with cyndaquil+vanillice+roggenrola), you go back in there and get the Ditto from there.

OR

(IIRC) You can get it (if you didn't do the event) on 7th street in exchange for shards (vendor with caged pokemon).

You save right before getting the Ditto, you check the stats, and if it's not good enough, F12 and try again

Edited by Maltor

4 hours ago, Maltor said:

Yup, as Njab said... resetting is specially worth it when doing the Ditto event (managed to get a 31/31/30/30/x/31)

How long did that take?  It took about an hour for me to get 5 of them just above 25.

On 3/2/2017 at 8:15 PM, Maltor said:

Btw, what's the difference? Is there a Luck stat somewhere, that i'm missing? xD

A system can involve luck while not being completely random.

For example, afaik stats assignation in DnD involves luck but is not completely random.
It usually is done with a "best of 4" technique: you throw 4 6-faced dices, then keep the 3 highest rolls and sum them (e.g. 6, 3, 5, 1 -> you keep 6, 5 and 3 -> your stat is 14).

If pokemon were to use a similar system, you'd have to roll (let's say) 7 dices and keep the 5 highest rolls +1 (5 dices give 30 at max, and 30+1=31), all 6 times (once per stat), then choose which IV to give to which stat.

Edited by Waynolt