FE Heroes Friend ID and Discussion Topic

Maelstrom

Fortress Def takes attack, not HP. Anyways Lukas is an insane Def tank but makes probably are going to rip him apart. Like he has uses as any non mage will barely scratch him, but my Tiki shrugged him off in the Xenologue.

As for...that bow girl, she is interesting, but works best with a dancer as that bow is nice. Peg rider is bad tbh. Alm is Hella good and a Hector counter. I didn't get anyone, but a 5 star Far and 4 star Eirika so I am not complaining. Lukas and Alm are the two pulls worth getting imo, but the others are skippable.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like one of my Clairs has +Atk, -Hp while the other one has +Res, -Def. I'm guessing the first one might be better of the two.

My Faye has +Hp, -Spd, which sounds a little problematic...

• Support Squad

I'm thinking of promoting ATiki to 5 now. I've gotten a very balanced set of 5* that are p strong but my only strong red is Lucina who only hits on the physical side which has some downsides. Tiki would fix that and be tanky too. RN I work with Olwen, Lulu, Camilla, Sheena, Takumi and then Nino and Jeorge exist with a variety of other units at early 30s.

Idk why but because of Subaki's natural 35 Def and Speed I want to give him Iote Shield and probably make him a decent unit

Also is S! Camilla useful? She's -Spd +HP so you know...

Also why do I keep pulling Saizo

Edited by Fabled Asian

12 minutes ago, Fabled Asian said:

Idk why but because of Subaki's natural 35 Def and Speed I want to give him Iote Shield and probably make him a decent unit

Also is S! Camilla useful? She's -Spd +HP so you know...

Also why do I keep pulling Saizo

Give S Camilla Triange Adept and Gronnraven+ and boom, you got a fuckin flying anti-meta death machine.

The -spd is more reason to give her something else as an A skill.

On 4/14/2017 at 4:55 PM, Fabled Asian said:

The short answer to this... yes if you got a Michelas's you don't want. Having no weakness to bows greatly improves Subaki's surviblity as they don't get a bunch of free damage against and him and they check into his larger stat. He's a pretty strong bulky blue just cause flier momvent is rather powerful. ((Reposition shenanigans making it ever crazier.))

On 4/14/2017 at 2:18 PM, Commander said:

Fortress Def takes attack, not HP. Anyways Lukas is an insane Def tank but makes probably are going to rip him apart. Like he has uses as any non mage will barely scratch him, but my Tiki shrugged him off in the Xenologue.

Weird... a physical damage dealing physical tank didn't deal good damage to a dedicated physical wall that deals damage to Res.... almost like that is easily expected. :P In seriousness though like... Tiki existing doesn't make Lukas bad especially when the only hyper common dragons are the Blue ones in the meta. Like Lukas is meant for physical damage soaking. Of course he's going to do absolutely terrible against a Tiki. She's a hard counter. But just cause aunit has a hard counter doesn't... really mean anything. Like Does every team ever have a Tiki on it? Probably not. And of course mages will tear him to bits. He's got low res. Like if you want a more balanced Tanky Blue((that isn't an armour something similar)), Oboro is your go to. She has to run Res Boon, as it gives her just enough to eek out ahead of pretty much every Red Mage and a lot of blue ones ((mostly not named Linde.)) and she can survive Greens. Lukas is more or less the much more Physically defensive inclined of the too so you want him for Specifically face tanking pretty much most physical weapons since even if he doesn't kill them he stops them dead in their track. He's specialized so he's not going to fit in every team. He has a purpose... a role to fill. There's going to be natural things that just undo him. It's the nature of things after all. ((just as a note though, if Ignis is up which will probably be Lukas's preferred thing to run... he ohkos both Tikis with their basic kits.))

Also, Forgive for I have sinned.

cn430sS.png

13 minutes ago, doombotmecha said:

Imo Lukas is literally just Effie 4, with Ephraim as 2 and Donnel as 3.

Infantry spears are literally all the same unit.

Eh, he's got Def bulk to rival even some of the best units in the game (most of the time he'll only lose half his HP against an Axe user, but on the flip side, he won't be able to really do damage due to that 22 speed), Effie works really well due to that ability of Weary fighter which in return lets her tank even more attacks compared to most. Lukas just has a massive defense (which Zephiel is even tankier...I'm not kidding) along with 2 move which gives him some benefits. 41-43 Atk is awful for a slow unit when it comes to 5 stars.

He might be worthwhile for Grand Hero battles, but I just don't see much use. Definitely worth training up if you don't have a really, really good unit/units with defense, but you aren't missing much if you don't get him. Then again, this whole summon event doesn't have much worth trying to get. I'll have about 20 orbs when Cecilia comes around so we'll see what I get then (though looking at it, I theorize they'll all be magic users).

On the bright side, most of the summons this go are salvageable and have some use though I feel Clair is one of the worst pegs due to her low strength and Faye is certainly one of the worst Archers. In theory, the Fire Bow is a really cool and neat weapon, but...a big part of FE is knowing how to handles the enemy phase which she's worthless on. If we get some really good flying ranged units, she'd be way more useful, but there's just so many better options. Clair at least has Hit and Run for a tactic to avoid gang-ups.

----------------------------------------------------

Ranting aside, I'd suggest people save up their orbs for the magic users coming in the second wave. If there's one thing Gaiden is known for it'd be the insanely powerful magic which we haven't seen any units do or perform (we might be seeing some fury skill induced weapons now or ones that ignore terrain buffs).

6 minutes ago, Commander said:

Eh, he's got Def bulk to rival even some of the best units in the game most of the time he'll only lose half his HP against an Axe user, but on the flip side, he won't be able to really do damage due to that 22 speed.

Uh defensive units don't give a toss about speed. They use Quick Riposte so they double while doing what they are supposed to do... defend. On top of Bonfire or Ignis with a quick charge due to Killer Lance that give him a lot more dueling power.

As someone who has used quite a few units in this game now, I'll rank me favorites. I don't like doing arena and I've only successfully gotten past Grand Hero Navarre out of all of those events, but I enjoy the Voting Gauntlet and Story maps/Paralogues

1. Hinoka.

I really think Hinoka is the most dependable Pegasus Knight I have. When she gets her Killer Lance, I'll be looking for another proc for her as her AoE skill will still take about 3-4 turns even with the KL. She's fantastic and with the help of the shards she caught up to my main squad pretty quickly.

2. Ryoma.

He's literally just as broken as he is in Birthright when the Raijinto is available. And it's a beautiful thing. #RyomaEmblem

3. Lukas.

Lukas has a lot of potential. He edges out Effie (And I LOOOOOOOOOVE Effie) because his movement is less painstaking and his Obstruct skill is actually helpful for keeping enemy axes at bay. As Hukuna has said, Bonfire or Ignis makes Lukas hurt a LOT, enough to challenge Tiki if he can get to her first.

4. Tharja.

This woman hurts. And she comes with darting blow so she can cause double the pain. Talk about reliability.

5. OG!Camilla.

Where Tharja dishes it out, Camilla isn't all that afraid of anything (except bows). The trade off for the bow weakness is being able to fly over terrain, which depending on enemy layout can only speed up beating certain maps. Also....Brave Axe+Darting Blow is egregious. I'd imagine Spring!Camilla is much more effective at getting past Knights however.

6. Palla.

I really like having a flyer that handles axes. And Palla's a 10. (forget Catria.)

7. Effie.

Effie has a lot of great things going for her, and I really like that she comes with offense. I need to pull more of her so I can give Lukas Death Blow...or someone else with DB. Again though, 1 move...is a pain.

8. Olivia.

Not Azura/10. Hone Attack is fine, and I'm sure the Feroxi dancer has the ability to hold her own next to Azura and Ninian, but it's a preference thing. She's not the dancer I started with.

9. Priscilla.

Woo. 5 Star Healer......................that's really all that needs to be said.

10. Klein.

Not his mother/10. Brave Bow though? VERY NICE. Definitely a work in progress.

Honorable Mentions:

Cecilia, MRobin, Felicia, Draug, FCorrin

17 minutes ago, Hukuna the Undying said:

Uh defensive units don't give a toss about speed. They use Quick Riposte so they double while doing what they are supposed to do... defend. On top of Bonfire or Ignis with a quick charge due to Killer Lance that give him a lot more dueling power.

Kind of wish Weary Fighter was more accessible as he'd greatly benefit from that (though Zephiel is coming up so inheriting the spare would be great on him). Actually looking at his stats again (I keep forgetting he has more strength than what it would feel like), he's going to be fantastic for defense maps. Just keep him away from open fields with mages (I already have used Takumi who has roughly the same res stats as he'd have and...it's not pretty at all). Trust me, I'd love having him or a general, but so far no luck. (And I really, really don't need any more magic units).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

But as for my favorite units to use:

1. Takumi

I talk about this guy way too much, but -Spd +HP and this guy is still pretty good on my team. Only Flier he can't one-shot is Cherche, but Vengence and Close Combat is fun to use. I don't use him as much lately as I've gotten a much stronger army, but if I see fliers in a challenge map, he's my go to guy.

2. Reinhardt

45 atk with Dire Thunder. He's my only blue 5 star now so he's my go to to kill reds and sometimes Blues and Grays. He's really good mostly because he has okay defense and he's a mounted unit so pull back or reposition is a great combo with him (my Lyn has some use due to this tactic). Olwin might be better, but I haven't drawn her so her big bro is carrying my team lately. No seriously rng, please let me draw another blue unit so I don't have to promote some of mine.

3. Y! Tiki

I really, really like A! Tiki as her only drawback is that abysmal speed (A! Tiki can counter at range which is nice). Y! Tiki is basically the Adult with speed and no range attack. Her biggest use is Armored Blow which really, really helps make her a front line tank. A lot of 1 ranged units have very poor speed so it works really well for her (which is why she's my red mage more or less...and sometimes my sword).

4. Jaffar

When you have a unit that is level 1 against a lunatic map where Camus is charging toward you, you know you're a really good unit if you are actually of use in the fight. The thing about Jaffar is that he hits super hard as a glass cannon and if he can't finish someone off himself, they lose 14 HP and 5 of their defenses. He can only take a single hit, but he's certainly very useful for utility. Mostly like him for the Assassin Dagger that can stack with Poison Strike.

5. M! Robin

What can I say, he's one of my only 4 stars that I leveled all the way to 40 since he's just so useful due to that defense stat making him a colorless foe counter. He was part of the original team that got through story mode and other than Takumi is the one who participated in the most Grand Hero battles. If it weren't for Reinhardt, he'd be the number 3 slot.

6. Priscilla

A mounted 5 star healer with Pain. I nearly die and she heals then back up and sometimes gives a needed boost. She's a double edged sword as she can't constantly heal up units with ease but if they're nearly dead, they gain all or almost all their HP back. I doubt she's gonna get replaced at this point just due to having a decent settup and...mounted healer. Only like 3 of those are even in the game. If you get one, you use it.

7. Nino

I have a love hate relationship with Nino. I love her as she shreds enemies to pieces, but given my glass cannon army, I really can't afford to use her until I get a few more units promoted to support her. I just kind of love her quotes though and it'd be fun to see her voiced in an FE7 remake if she uses quotes like that.

8. Fae

When you have an army where 25 Res is considered super tanky, you need help. This is the help I got and I'm thankful. Fae I don't think will ever stick out as the best member on the team, but she can fight pretty well and eats blue magic attacks like no tomorrow. Her ability to boost adjacent allies defenses is useful. But mostly...it's a fluffy dragon that's FIRIN' MAH LAZAH!

9. Minerva

52 Atk and 41 Speed...this is basically what Lyn should've been on my team. She attacks something that isn't red, it dies. Sacred Cowl is also very, very useful as it lets her live a mage attack sometimes. She's...another glass cannon for me, but she proved fun to use during the voting gauntlet.

10. Eirika

Where do I even begin? She's a fun unit to use in SS, but here she is performing pretty well and...she's a support ally. I need to promote her to 5 star, but I already like using her even without her personal weapon.

ok but really if a unit is gonna use QR on defense they might as well be somebody with a respectable attack stat like effie or my avatar.

Rein is borderline broken due to his 5 range brave thunder deathblow murderblast. at least he's paper in enemy phase.

I'd do a list of my favorites, but I need to go to bed. Let's just say that it involves Ephraim, Tharja, and Anna, K?

19 minutes ago, doombotmecha said:

ok but really if a unit is gonna use QR on defense they might as well be somebody with a respectable attack stat like effie or my avatar.

I think your underestimating how hard Ignis/Bonfire hit for when you have that much defense. 40ish attack isn't bad and is actually a solid attack stat. ((especially on Lances as Swords are almost all squishie as heck. Barely any of them have over 30 there are expections but they still don't fare well.)) and did you know Lukas's base attack is exactly the same as Eph's? Bonfire triggers on the second attack from QR with Killer Lance ((the weapon that Lukas runs and naturally has.)) and ignis triggers on next turns follow up on on the next target that tries to hit you. ((and as you will probably not take very much damage you'll still be in range to QR again))

Secondly if Effie runs Quick Riposte she dies to any mage in the game more or less due to how low her resistance is. Her defense while isn't awful isn't quite as high as other knights and when you get doubled from not having Wary Fighter opening her to being destroyed by a lot more units in general. 

Effie is mostly strong because of the Brave Lance build which isn't a defensive build ((and nor are her QR builds either.)) Effie is pretty much a bulky nuke that you have to deal with the low movement rather than a true wall becuase her enemy phase is nearly always garbage cause it's pretty easy to pick her off from range with mages.

Eph is more immeditately comparable but once again he typically fills a different role as a supporter. He's got combat potienal don't get me wrong ((and is a super strong unit.)) every other Lance Infantry has a different goal. They are hardly the same. The clostest really are Sharena and Eph who are supporters. ((Sharena with her attack debuff)) However Eph's Hone Skills are much easier to apply leading him to using bein gthe option if it's there however Sharena ofers a much different statline actually having some speed under her belt so she doesn't get doubled by really anything. There's a lot more difference in them than I think you realize as they have different goals in general. They are definitly and Eph isn't high tier for no reason just you... are horribly off-base saying that every lance infantry is exactly the same cause they really aren't. ((and for that matter Effie isn't infantry so not sure why she's being mentioned at all...))

1 hour ago, doombotmecha said:

Rein is borderline broken due to his 5 range brave thunder deathblow murderblast. at least he's paper in enemy phase.

I honestly have no idea why you guys like that ability so much. Tiki has a similar ability, and has the tankiness to see enough turns and attacks to bring it out... but it usually comes too late and the cpu moves so that you can rarely hit more than one person at once. It's not a skill I use often or rely on at all. It's a fancy little extra that really doesn't do much to anyone with decent res anyways. It just takes too long to activate and by that time I usually have things well in hand. I have Rein as a 4* and he doesn't have the full blast till later and the earlier form of it is even worse as far as applicability. He's on the glass cannon side and gets his ability even more rarely than Tiki as a result.

I guess I just prefer moonbow and luna a lot more. They activate sooner and reduce defense/res at its base to do more damage, whereas this skill is simply one extra attack that doesn't involve effectiveness/resistance, even if it is an area attack, which often times means less damage done because of the lack of effectiveness to give it a boost. I honestly think this ability is just... not good at all.

44 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

I guess just prefer moonbow and luna a lot more. They activate sooner and reduce defense/res at its base to do more damage, whereas this skill is simply one extra attack that doesn't involve effectiveness/resistance, which often times means less damage done because of the lack of effectiveness to give it a boost. I honestly think this ability is just... not good at all.

It's not even worth running Rising/Growing/Blazing elements skills even with Killer Weapons. Their damage output is lower than most every other special as they A. take so long to charge. B. They can only activate before a battle meaning if you work up to it you can't hit them with it so you won't get your damage needed for a possible ORKO. C. You'll never reasonaly hit more than a single target. They aren't awful I guess they are just overly flashy and not as good as they look. Pretty sure people are living the dream and not the expectation if it's the case. Moonbow easily outdoes it as it's uptime is crazy high at 2 ((Moonbow is legit solid choice on any unit pretty much.)) Even Bonfire, Icebergs are more usable as Killer Weapons make them go off a lot more often. And even if you can't utilize either of those you have Draconic Aura/Fang for high attack units and Luna is always a great fallback.

((Luna and Moonbow suffer against Squishies but you probably don't need a heck of a lot of extra oomph against them.))

As a note, This is why Astra is terrible. ((it's also cause it's 150% of attack after everything so if you deal 0 damage with your attack you deal... 0 damage and your trigger does zilch.))

And further Galeforce is also outlandish unless you build a team made to abuse it ((with a dancer or even two to make it work properly.))

Quick Edit: For Rising Elements, think of it this way. They deal the same as your damage right? ((well assuming your colourless, if your not colourless WTA or weakness don't apply)) so it's basically like 1 extra attack that only works on initiation. So... it functions like a Brave Weapon you have to spend a few turns charging and won't go off when you want. So, unless you hit multiple targets ((which you won't on average)) it's basically akin to Brave Weapon damage, with a different drawback ((a.k.a having a silly long wind-up time rather than being a weaker mt weapon and lowering speed.)) P.S. this example is BY NO MEANS perfect. like it really isn't. But that's the easiest way I can like illustrate how outlandish the charge cost is for an upside that will rarely ever hit and how not worth it the skill is if you don't hit multiple targets. Really these skills are for the enemy units in GHB since their maps are designed to funnel your units into those formations more than anything else. ((If you think back to the Michelis GHB... remember how both sides of the maps were long vertical hallways? That's why. And even then I doubt you ever saw him pull it off without them killing one of your units by the time he charged it.))

1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

I honestly have no idea why you guys like that ability so much. Tiki has a similar ability, and has the tankiness to see enough turns and attacks to bring it out... but it usually comes too late and the cpu moves so that you can rarely hit more than one person at once. It's not a skill I use often or rely on at all. It's a fancy little extra that really doesn't do much to anyone with decent res anyways. It just takes too long to activate and by that time I usually have things well in hand. I have Rein as a 4* and he doesn't have the full blast till later and the earlier form of it is even worse as far as applicability. He's on the glass cannon side and gets his ability even more rarely than Tiki as a result.

I guess I just prefer moonbow and luna a lot more. They activate sooner and reduce defense/res at its base to do more damage, whereas this skill is simply one extra attack that doesn't involve effectiveness/resistance, even if it is an area attack, which often times means less damage done because of the lack of effectiveness to give it a boost. I honestly think this ability is just... not good at all.

They're not talking about Blazing Thunder Mael, they said Death Blow. That's +6 Atk when attacking, which Reinhardt almost always is, and due to his high attack stat and brave magic it almost always kills the enemy. Reinhardt and Olwen both belong at the very top of the mage tier list, along with Tharja, Sanaki, Linde, Julia, and Nino, because there's very few people those mounted death machines can't kill.

My own personal top 10 coming from my roster?

1: Cordelia

Of course Cordelia is gonna be number 1. She's the unit I rerolled for, and the unit I've painstakingly kitted out with a great skill set. Between Spd+3 and Threaten Spd she's able to double any archer with 33 Spd or less, and anything else with 38 Spd or less. Then she also has Desperation to keep her Brave Lance-esque ability alive against anything she doubles, which is almost everything, and an Atk stat of 50 to make sure she kills in 2 hits. For that which she doesn't kill in 2 hits she has Draconic Aura, which is just a flat 15 extra damage against anything (and notably allows her to kill neutral Camilla from full when in Desperation range, it also allows her to OHKO +Spd Takumi before he can hit back). Ardent Sacrifice just ties the ribbon around the present by allowing her to drop herself into Desperation range while providing healing support to a teammate. It took a lot of investment to get her here, but the build works like a charm.

2: Olwen

Fast brave magic on a horse. That's basically all you need to know about why Olwen is so good. Compared to Reinhardt, he has more offense at base, but Olwen has more offensive potential. If you want to sacrifice her defences she can reach 46 Atk and 43 Spd with Life and Death and Hone Cavalry support. Not much lives that, basically just stuff like Julia, Fae, and greens with solid Res and Triangle Adept. Even without Life and Death Olwen has the potential to eliminate the units that are too bulky for Reinhardt to 2 shot thanks to her speed, while stuff that has speed enough to not get doubled, and bulk enough to live two hits is rare. Basically she's a 5 range death button with average Spd and sub par bulk but unlike Reinhardt I've used her in Thracia 776 so I like her as a character too.

3: Kagero

The first of my truly kitted out units. Poison Dagger+ and Darting Blow combine to mean death to a hell of a lot of units. Vantage turns her into a slaughterhouse for mages, and Rally Speed+Hone Attack is a nice combo for when there's no infantry left. Just looking for a Frederick so she can have Luna too, because with an attack of 40 she can actually punch some holes in mid 20s Def cavalry/fliers.

4: Stahl

I haven't given Stahl a single skill inherit so far and he ranks this high on the list. The power of a horse, good Def, Swap, and a Ruby Sword isn't to be underestimated when you have a lot of blues to defend. The number of times I've seen Camilla do 0x4. He's also a gent. One day he'll have a Brave Sword+, Hone Cavalry, and Triangle Adept, then all greens will quake in fear.

5: Effie

I got a +Def Effie so I'm thinking I'll slap Def+3 on her to bring her Def up to 39, and then replace Death Blow with Threaten Def which does almost exactly the same thing (1 less damage but it can affect multiple people). In feather limbo at the moment but a massive stat line along with Swap, Bonfire, and Wary Fighter makes her a great unit in the mean time.

6: Azama

My favourite healer, but unfortunately healer's aren't really in the meta at the moment, and he has bad IVs. Still, he's helped a lot of units to level 40, and he was key in doing the Ursula map. He's also got hilarious quotes, true to the character.

7: Alm

Just recently summoned this dude and I don't like him that much but I figured I'd train him for the next couple of Arena seasons and holy hell he hits hard. Provides my team with a less specialized red unit, so I think I'll keep him around for a while.

8: Reinhardt

This dude is a staple on my Arena team until I give Olwen Death Blow, then he'll go and sit on the bench 'cause I like Olwen more. For now though he has the honour of frying Takumis for me.

9: Fae

It's a horrible reason but I've run out of units that I use so I picked her because she can give me a copy of Renewal 3 once I summon an Azama with good IVs.

10: Jaffar

Because summoning him as a 5* means I have a copy of Life and Death 3 sitting around when I need it.

Jaffar is definitely good at first... until later maps make you realize how much you have to protect and baby him. He is the epitome of glass cannon. He deals plenty of damage, and deals def/res down and -7 damage no matter what if they survive. He's great to lead with but he can rarely taken even one hit, especially given life or death. He helps kill things but often finds himself dead in the bargain. As a result, he's a bit difficult to get to lvl 40.

Also, this has been the hardest arena week yet for me. It doesn't help that I haven't played it sober but... at this point, advanced runs have been very difficult, since it matches we with teams that generally have way more inherited skills on each unit. Tiki has her bad area blast and Cecilia feels especially useless without a triggered ability or a decent B ability and completely lacking a C ability. Her rally defense is nice but her Atk +3 as her A skill falls very short of an amazingly useful skill.

@Sheep's got it: I was just talking about DB Dire Thunder, not an AoE special. To be fair, though, I do love those specials, and I sorely want an excuse to use them. That's why I'm levelling Navarre rn, someday I'm gonna get a Karel and sac Wo Dao+ to him so he can be a good desperation cleaner ala Anna.

My list, out of units that I own:

1. Ephraim: You knew this was coming, right? he was my first 5*, and since then he's been a wonderful tank, especially with the red meta in the early weeks. He's also been a crucial part of my infantry blade-mage team. My only inherits so far are QR 2 and Swap from a hapless subaki.

2. Tharja: remember that bit about the "infantry blade-mage team"? this was the blade mage. I have Reposition and threaten speed 2 on her, so she doubles everything, I just need desperation so I can get those sweet sweet 50x2s. I like to think of her as the anti-nino, since she has better def than res, is sexy and kinda evil vs. nino's wholesomeness, and where nino does her best, Tharja does her worst! (also her IVs are really wonky -atk -hp +def +spd)

3. Anna: this top 4 is pretty much Team Tharja. She was my green and my only res-wall at the time. Fury 3 and Desperation, notably nuetralizes Linde and other magical Blues.

4. Olivia: She's sooo weak but sooooo useful! dance+reposition was critical to beating Michalis. Love her.

5. Ursula: Blade mage part 2: On a horse! the first GHB unit I really liked. 

6. M-Robin: saved my butt so many times early on, takes 1x2 from tacomeat if hes got TA, also tanks red swords.

7. Minerva: she isn't level 40 yet, but she kills literally everything with LaD 3.

8. Navarre: I just like how he looks, +his killing edge with a blast special.

9. F!Corrin for trying and failing to be better than Ephraim, has spd +3 and need swordbreaker

10. I'll get back to you

Honestly don't see how people consider Rein such a huge threat. Just have a green unit and play defensively. Bait him in then crush him with your green unit.

Of the units I currently possess here's how I'd rank them.

1. M-Robin: The ultimate deterrent against Takumi. This guy has swept so many teams I honestly get bored of using him sometimes. Still need to give him Bowbreaker but even without it he completely destroys any colorless and red unit and blue unit with relatively low res.

2. Lucina: An interesting alternative to a healer if you give her Reciprocal Aid which makes her super handy in the Arena since healers are kinda lame. Also does tons of damage against most units.

3. Olivia: Pretty self explanatory. Dance and Hone Attack easily makes her one of the best support units of all time. I plan on giving her Seal Def or Seal Spd as a sort of suicidal debuffer if shit really hits the fan.

4. Cherche: Currently my go-to green unit. Pretty much invulnerable against any lance unit but on the contrary is pretty weak against Blue Mages. She is pretty versatile as a damage dealer/tank and can provide some minor support with Draw Back and Threaten Def.

5. Cordelia: I don't actually use her that often but I think if I make her sort of a super mobile support/damage dealer she can find a place on my team. Probably will ditch Triangle Adept for either Darting Blow or Death Blow and give her Hone Spd as support.

6. Setsuna: Doesn't really have a very practical use as of yet but she's super fun to play with especially if you got units with Rally Speed and Hone Speed. Really wish I pulled a Klein or a Gordin so then I could give her Brave Bow+. She is really fun to use against armored units granted she won't always kill them in one turn but its hilarious just watching her just pepper them with arrows.

7. Spring Lucina: Also have trouble finding a reason to use her over M-Robin. Since she doesn't have Triangle Adept she is slightly better at taking down green units with relatively low res. I think I'll set her up as a speed buffer and pair her with Setsuna. Also super funny to see her dunk on enemies with that egg.

Edited by 5hift

51 minutes ago, 5hift said:

Honestly don't see how people consider Rein such a huge threat. Just have a green unit and play defensively. Bait him in then crush him with your green unit.

The only threatening units in the hands of the computer are dancers, and only then because it's easy to not realize you're actually in attack range. Reinhardt isn't a particularly threatening enemy but neither is anyone, though I would argue that 5 range gives him the ability to create difficult situations more often than other opponents. The thing that makes Reinhardt/Olwen so good is that in the hands of the player they single handedly trivialize around three quarters of the meta.

@Sheep how ablut Giving Cordelia Fury 3, that way she can have that additional +3 Speed, 53 ATK, and 41 SPD on top of draining her HP for Desperation?

I've also pulled Lukas with -HP/+DEF, but I think I'll just train him up and stick with Ephraim for the time being.

sorry I haven't been on the past week (too addicted to P5)

I've played around with Fury but ultimately I don't like it. Her Def is at the point naturally where she doesn't need Fury to drop into Desperation range, she'll generally take one hit but be unable to take a second, which is perfect for this purpose. She also has Ardent Sacrifice so it's not very difficult at all to get her into Desperation range. Once you're there Fury becomes a liability, Cordelia has the natural Res to be able to take magical hits nicely even at 50% or less health, but if she keeps losing 6 health each time she kills someone then she quickly loses that ability to tank magic. She also doesn't need the extra 3 Atk, so there's no real reason to substitute in Fury as the only thing she wants from it is the Spd. If she needed extra help in getting to 75% health then that'd be one thing, but from what I've played she most definitely doesn't.