FE Heroes Friend ID and Discussion Topic

Maelstrom

This is about the only way Subaki or Beruka gets to round two - beating the other retainer.

I don't know how I feel about Camilla v. Hinoka round one. Hinoka may get the initial upset because people seem to be rallying up against the Bewitching Beauty before the event drops. Camilla has fans for reasons other than the two most obvious ones - and that might matter the whole way through.

I think Subaki may be the better Heroes unit. However, I'd be on Beruka's team.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, Camilla seems to be trouncing the competition Lucina style so there's no real surprise there.

I can confirm from the front lines of Cordelia vs Cherche that so far it's really low scoring. Cordelia's winning solidly but I get the feeling that both are simply holding onto their round one flags in the knowledge that whoever wins has to face Camilla next. I predict that round 2 will see Camilla needing to drop a lot of flags to proceed, while Minerva's army can just stroll through to the finals on easy mode. I still think Camilla's gonna take the whole thing easily but maybe the finals will be interesting.

The winner is either going to be cordelia or Camilla. The last thing I want is Camilla, who would only win for being an oversexualized character, so please everyone who looses, support Cordelia.

In other words

0f7e4409bcc377893c03bc49c20fcf637f507209

I'll join Cordelia when she can learn how to support with Chrom.

I'll likely be supporting Camilla or trying for a good rank with Hinoka. Who is getting DESTROYED. :(

---

Camilla is a definitely physically appealing to most of the games clientele. However, saying Camilla will win -because- of that fact is a bit of a hasty generalization. Sheep pointed out potential strategy as to how Cordy or Minerva can pull the upset - but there's also a few things about Camilla specifically that stick out.

1. She was featured in a recent banner prior to the Gauntlet banner - renewing player interest.

2. She's a decent unit or a unique one depending on the Camilla in question.

3. She was already very high on the legends poll.

and finally - ganging up on someone before the event starts causes the ornery of us to feel like the challenge should be met. Campaigning against Camilla was high - and yet look at the disparity between her and Hinoka. Camilla could literally make like President Trump - where she's detested the whole way through - but secretly carried by many to victory. 

Wait a minute, it just occurred to me that there's only one man in the entirety of this event, right?

The only way I can see Camilla losing is if everyone currently supporting her ends up blowing there battle flags right away. Still, chances are she's going to end up being the winner because of, you know, reasons.

I'm sure there are some very confused children playing Heroes right now.

So I've decided to replace Corrin-M w/ Eirika after I'm finished with Robin-F, I only need the feathers to do so. Atm she has Noontime only because I want to give her a special and I had too many Laslows lieing around, should I give her Moonbow like her bro, Draco Fang, or...

Moonbow. Pretty muh always Moonbow.

43 minutes ago, Combat said:

Wait a minute, it just occurred to me that there's only one man in the entirety of this event, right?

Ye, Subaki is the only one. Tbf... he's the only male peg knight in existence and there's actually only one male wyvern rider even in the game ((Michelis.))

34 minutes ago, Hukuna the Undying said:

Moonbow. Pretty muh always Moonbow.

Ye, Subaki is the only one. Tbf... he's the only male peg knight in existence and there's actually only one male wyvern rider even in the game ((Michelis.))

Wait really? I've only played four of the games, so I assumed there would be a few. You learn something new everyday. Also, isn't there that first Grand Hero too, the guy who was basically narcissism? I thought his title was Wyvern General.

1 minute ago, Combat said:

Wait really? I've only played four of the games, so I assumed there would be a few. You learn something new everyday. Also, isn't there that first Grand Hero too, the guy who was basically narcissism? I thought his title was Wyvern General.

Pegasus Knight used to be a Female only class. It wasn't until Fates that it was no longer the case. And ye, I forgot Narcian even existed... whoops?

15 minutes ago, Hukuna the Undying said:

Pegasus Knight used to be a Female only class. It wasn't until Fates that it was no longer the case. And ye, I forgot Narcian even existed... whoops?

Guess that makes sense, though it still caught me off guard.

Trust me, I couldn't remember his name besides the fact that it sounded like a pun/word play.

59 minutes ago, Hukuna the Undying said:

Michalis :c I didn't see the post above it forgive me

Edited by Fabled Asian

The one true king of all Wyvern Lords needs to appear and send Camilla scurrying back down into the hole that she crawled out of. She's starting to get delusions of grandeur, but she doesn't know anything about being a good midgame prepromote compared to this man.

Based lord Haar, please, the world needs you.

No she's more like Minerva. Minerva sets the standard as an excellent prepromoted midgame Wyvern Lord, Dean (Thracia 776) and Camilla both meet that standard, while Haar completely obliterates it. You know not what you speak by saying that Camilla is basically Haar.

So, here's my arena team for this week:

-L28 Cain (+speed -res heck yeah) with Brave Sword (soon to be Silver), Escutcheon, WoM, and Threaten Attack

-L27 Gunter (neutral) with Silver Axe, Armored Blow (probably gonna change it if I can to something offensive), and Hone Cavalry

-L30 Ursula (GHB) with Blarblade, New Moon (soon to be Moonbow), Death Blow, and Threaten Res. I really want to get Desperation on her, but I don't have the orbs to chase Shanna and Bunilla at the same time

-L33 Jagen (idk) with Silver Lance, Fury 1, and Fortify Cavalry

It's actually found pretty good success, Ursula destroys literally everything, and with threaten attack+Fortify Cavalry Cain and Gunter make decent tanks. However, archers can seriously hurt me, when they gang up with melee units. I tend to get caught out with the rest of my team (esp. Ursula) out of position, because I can't stick her in range of archers like i can with Robin. on the other hand, she OHKOs a ton of stuff. some arena maps are a pain in the butt, though, because it's so hard to keep formation on them. Cavalry movement is incredible, though, it's won me a lot of matches because I can pick enemies off before their allies can reinforce them. Cain's been a godsend, fast, tanky, essentially Draug on a horse. I actually quad sometimes with Hone Cavalry. He's also tanky as hell with threaten attack. EDIT: shame he keeps dying...I need to work on sending him into less than three melees.

RE: the voting gauntlet: Being on Team Minerva is fun. She's badass and fully clothed and we won't lose until the final round!

Edited by doombotmecha

13 hours ago, Wheat said:

But. But.

She's basically Haar in her game. You wouldn't know that because you benched her due to being a prepromote.

:)

hahahahahahaha

have you ever played radiant dawn

Camilla is a beast for when she appears and then mid-game, but the other units eventually catch up to her and she stops being good compared to them (Silas and Beruka come to mind). She's still powerful, but other units eventually outclass her. Haar, on the other hand, not only starts with high bases for his level, but he also has ridiculous growths for a mid-game pre-promote, insane availability, and literally never falls behind other units. Haar is on top from the moment you get him to the moment the game ends, mostly on account of capping everything and belonging to what is probably the most broken class in the game with access to the most broken weapon of the weapon triangle in that game. Furthermore, there is a pretty large archer saturation in conquest that Camilla is weak to, and as a result can't be used recklessly like Haar can. in RD, not only does Haar not have a bow weakness, his only "weakness" (if you want to call it that, shortcoming is probably better) is thunder magic, which is easily the rarest magic type in the game. Haar's weapon ranks also shouldn't go unmentioned, because he starts with A in both axes and lances. Camilla has C for axes and D for tomes, which is pretty good, except it will most likely be hard for her to effectively use magic on account of her sub-optimal starting magic.

We can even take a look at the chapter Camilla joins in and Elincia's Gambit to compare their usefulness in very similar chapters. Both are designed to be defend chapters with a large amount of enemies and a position to defend. Camilla can't tank every single one of the units on anything other than Normal (to my knowledge). Elincia's Gambit gives the forewarning that it would be a great idea to defend. The quickest way that chapter can end is pretty much Haar flying down and killing the boss, which he does easily on account of everything explained above.

tl;dr i do not understand how you can draw this conclusion

//end effort post

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyway, actually staying on topic

my arena team for this week includes the usual units I run with: Lucina, Sharena, and M!Robin, but this time I substituted out Camilla for Michalis for the bonus points

i also gave michalis ignis

in hindsight i should have given him bonfire so he can just kill people with quick riposte since it has a 2 charge

Is it normal to have like, fifty dueling swords in one's inventory, or am I just a hoarder?

Right now, I'm going all in with my battle flags, since it makes more sense to me to put in all of my chips in early, get a high rank in the army, and then back out once we get destroyed by [Insert Camilla Joke Here]. From there, I'll probably join her army since she is a good class in Heroes, and I'll get some sort of reward that way.

32 minutes ago, Combat said:

Is it normal to have like, fifty dueling swords in one's inventory, or am I just a hoarder?

Right now, I'm going all in with my battle flags, since it makes more sense to me to put in all of my chips in early, get a high rank in the army, and then back out once we get destroyed by [Insert Camilla Joke Here]. From there, I'll probably join her army since she is a good class in Heroes, and I'll get some sort of reward that way.

Nah dude I have like 65 Dueling Swords, the only reason you would want to use more than 1 is if

1) you keep losing your streak

2) Your out of stamina and you want to get SP/finish quests

3) You're serious about ranks and think you can beat you're previous score. ( I learned the hard way the score isn't cumulative)

4 hours ago, Combat said:

yeah, I've got exactly 60 since I spent a few on the gauntlet arena quests today. 

You can actually lose your rank over time in these. I was nearly out of the running for the 2.1k feather reward, but I got myself back up.

Yeah, I've got 69 crests myself, but I used a few last week because there were several days when I hadn't used my daily dueling swords. And they did keep giving us arena crests for arena duel promotions.

Plus, you get one every day for winning one arena duel, which is implicitly for that 4th win a day for that measly extra 100 feathers. But hey, 10 days in a row with no net crest loss is 1k feathers. Kinda hard to knock it in those terms.

I think I get more defense results if put Frederick out as my visible team leader than I do if I leave Kagero on. No one is afraid of him. With all the sword and magic users out there, which he actually is super weak to (seriously, the man has only 13 Res), he is my bait unit. It's really Kagero, Tiki, and Cecilia who bring the pain. Does anyone else have a similar unit?