Maelstrom

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, doombotmecha said:

I got a 5* sheena today. with that and my new Gwendolyn and Effie, I figure it's time to start work on Team Armored Voltron

What're you gonna use to round it off? an anti-mage or healer?

2 hours ago, doombotmecha said:

I got a 5* sheena today. with that and my new Gwendolyn and Effie, I figure it's time to start work on Team Armored Voltron

Grab that Draug from that one quest and you can start on that full armored team quest for 3 orbs.

I did the full flier team and it was awful.

I thought I'd do well with a 5* Cordelia, 5* Camilla, 4* Cherche and 4* Michalis.

With 3/4 units dying to one goddamn red mage you're really limited in how well you can perform with that kind of team. Really wish I inherited Goad Fliers or something onto my Cordelia.

47 minutes ago, Fabled Asian said:

Man I got pranked. 3 colorless orbs from the Navarre banner, and I got 2 Saizo's. Wrong ninja :c

Excuse you, that man has smoke dagger (6 might,  -4 def/res within 2 spaces of attack target), harsh command, poison strike 3 (b skill), 10 damage, and spur speed 2  at 4 stars. Rethink your bad luck there, buddy. On his own he clears npc waves or gets them ready to die.

ngl, I explored other ninjas besides kagero and saizo came up as good support and Jaffar was better support, but neither was a killer like her. nor did jaffar have the atk, speed, resistance or abilities to compare with Kagero. Saizo weakens... but

21 minutes ago, Fabled Asian said:

@Maelstrom -Atk both of them, not to mention I already have one trained up. Felicia is better anyways

Maybe my Felicia is weak af cuz she's 2 stars but she was hardly worth using when I tried to raise her up for her skills. On a ranged character like her, breath of life is far more useful than it is on young tiki, who gets it naturally, but is used as a bulky initiator and not as someone who attacks after anyone else. Neither silver dagger nor glacies is worth it from what I can tell.

And even the wiki places Kagero at S rank and Felicia as B rank. https://feheroes.wiki/Tier_List

At this point I have two Linde's. What skills should I giver her? She's not max level yet but decent skills could get her there? I didn't check my first one but my second Linde has bad IV's....

As of now, the 5* I have that are high tiered are Linde, Azura, and Takumi, with Kagero at S just below them. I don't think Eiricka is S tiered like Kagero is, seeing as she isn't that good on her own, nor does she really support other units that strongly.

Ah, now I see what you're saying. My Kagero is lucky enough to be +Atk - Def, what is considered the best IV for her. But there are other quick characters out there, so I think darting blow 3 (despite being a 5* ability) is a better choice for trying to end fast characters by doubling them in one round.

That's just it my dude, I want Kagero, but I was japed into thinking 1 of the 3 would be her (the other was Clarine). You could go the Fury/LoD + Desperation route I see talk about. It would mean Linde would have uncounterable speed and most mages won't be able to kill her without taking some damage.

Speaking of Clarine. I have Spare Wyrs and Azama and I want make something like

Slow

Rehabilitate

Heavenly Light/Swift-Wind Balm

HP +5

Live to Serve

Threaten ATK 3

As for Navarre, he's like a stronger Fir imo.

Edited by Fabled Asian

• Support Squad
17 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

Maybe my Felicia is weak af cuz she's 2 stars but she was hardly worth using when I tried to raise her up for her skills. On a ranged character like her, breath of life is far more useful than it is on young tiki, who gets it naturally, but is used as a bulky initiator and not as someone who attacks after anyone else. Neither silver dagger nor glacies is worth it from what I can tell.

And even the wiki places Kagero at S rank and Felicia as B rank. https://feheroes.wiki/Tier_List

At this point I have two Linde's. What skills should I giver her? She's not max level yet but decent skills could get her there? I didn't check my first one but my second Linde has bad IV's....

As of now, the 5* I have that are high tiered are Linde, Azura, and Takumi, with Kagero at S just below them. I don't think Eiricka is S tiered like Kagero is, seeing as she isn't that good on her own, nor does she really support other units that strongly.

Ah, now I see what you're saying. My Kagero is lucky enough to be +Atk - Def, what is considered the best IV for her. But there are other quick characters out there, so I think darting blow 3 (despite being a 5* ability) is a better choice for trying to end fast characters by doubling them in one round.

Felicia is 100% a mage killer, her res stat is through the fucking roof on my 4* and with glacies that means she's a walking nuke, outfit her with some better skills and you've got someone who can tussle with the major mages and win.

Yeah, Felicia destroys mages. On the topic of dagger users with hidden potential though we can't not talk about Gaius. Dude has speed on lock.

If you can pass him Life and Death 3 his neutral Atk and Spd are 34 and 41 respectively. That's one less Atk than ordinary Kagero with more Spd than she can get with Darting Blow, now that's a good Poison Dagger user. He's common enough that you could fish for +Atk as well, and his naturally high HP means he probably takes any one hit on the physical or magical side. Gaius has some real potential as the top offensive dagger user, but you need to invest very heavily in him to get him to surpass Kagero.

1 minute ago, Felix- said:

Felicia is 100% a mage killer, her res stat is through the fucking roof on my 4* and with glacies that means she's a walking nuke, outfit her with some better skills and you've got someone who can tussle with the major mages and win.

Felicia ends up with 6 base mt lower than Kagero at max atk IV's for both of them and weapons considered... but she does have a much higher overall resistance than Kagero of +12 res compared to a Res IV felicia and a medium IV Kagero (only +7 if they were both Med). However Kagero comes with warding blow (+6 Res on attack, so Felicia would only have a +1 advantage then) to help her mage kills whereas a Felicia has res +3 at all times. A 5* felicia at med speed does have 5 speed above above a 5* kagero at medium speed- though Kagero gets dagger breaker naturally and would easily double hit Felicia to death on attack. Not to mention Poison dagger's advantage against infantry units like felicia. At medium IV's, kagero would have 4 more def than felicia as well as having more attack.

Felicia has -7 Def/Res on whatever she hits afterwards. Kagero expects to kill whatever she hits, as long as it is infantry. And if they happen to survive, they still get -4 def/res for someone else to sweep in and clean up.

20 minutes ago, Sheep said:

you can pass him Life and Death 3 his neutral Atk and Spd are 34 and 41 respectively.

A med/neutral attack with Kagero would still be 40 with the life and death boost.

with poison dagger+ on Kagero, as is natural for a 5* with (+ atk - def), she would have 48 atk and 37 speed. With Jaffar's deathly dagger she would be at 54 atk.

With the defense on Gaius (19/22/25) -5 or Res (16/19/22) -5, you'd best hope that the foe can't retaliate.

• Support Squad

yeah, my point though was that felicia has her niche, she kills all kinds of mages far easier than kagero, it doesn't matter who would win in a fight between them when that wasn't my point.

12 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

A med/neutral attack with Kagero would still be 40 with the life and death boost.

with poison dagger+ on Kagero, as is natural for a 5* with (+ atk - def), she would have 48 atk and 37 speed. With Jaffar's deathly dagger she would be at 54 atk.

With the defense on Gaius (19/22/25) -5 or Res (16/19/22) -5, you'd best hope that the foe can't retaliate.

IMO you want to compare the best Kagero vs the best Gaius. Personally I think the best Kagero is Darting Blow ('cause if she drops her defences she's never taking a hit) while Gaius has the benefit of 42 HP so he can afford to use Life and Death instead. Even with Life and Death factored in you'd need 60 Atk on the physical side and 57 Atk on the magical side to kill Life and Death neutral Gaius in one hit. A feat that is completely impossible through Atk alone. To get to those kinds of levels you need an A skill, a special skill, some buffs, or a Brave weapon to be helping you out. 

Offensively Life and Death Gaius boasts 39 Atk and 41 Spd with a Poison Dagger+, while Darting Blow Kagero has 40 Atk and 38 Spd. I think you'd agree that 39 Atk would be sufficient to kill practically any infantry unit when doubling, so Gaius' slight Spd advantage when attacking, and large Spd advantage when defending give him the upper hand. 

Like I said, it requires very heavy investment to make Gaius worth it, you need to pass him Poison Dagger+ from a 5* Kagero, and Life and Death 3 from a 5* Hana/Jaffar, but he does have the base stat skeleton to be the best offensive dagger user.

2 hours ago, Felix- said:

so camilla and olwen turned the GB into a joke, way easier than Michalis.

I didn't even need to use my Camilla, and I still had an easy time with this one. Not that I'm going to complain.

1 hour ago, Felix- said:

I guess the trade-off is that navarre is not exactly top tier, unless his bst is off the charts, with his skills.

For sure. He's probably average (I haven't done any in depth research into him yet) so it would make sense that his battle would be easier that some of the others. I'm just happy to have him if only for the art.

On an unrelated thought, do you think we'll ever end up getting any of the beast folk in this game? I kind of think we won't, as they would probably already be in here if they were. Plus they would need to be similar to the dragon kin, but they seem a little absent.

That and Gregor. Where the heck is my Swell Sword.

2 hours ago, Felix- said:

I guess the trade-off is that navarre is not exactly top tier, unless his bst is off the charts, with his skills.

Yeah this GB was surprisingly easy. I mean his stats are pretty much about the same as Fir. So if you like Fir, but don't own her you can use Navarre

Edited by Fabled Asian

I think I'm the only one who had trouble with this. And by trouble, that stupid moon bow ninja followed by a few misclicks caused me a few retries. Literally the moon bow ninja is the only threat on this map. Though I had a team of 4 Star Male Robin, Takumi, and Y!Tiki (Swapped Lyn for a level 1 then amped her up to 20 Priscilla) so...you can see what happened. Gonna pass on using him since I got Swordfighters/Red units Galore (Ogma, Lyn, Y!Tiki, Awakening Tiki)

As for the next grand battle, I have plans for you Zephiel. Ironically in a sense, Jaffar's basically going to do what he did in FE7 (though Tiki will be doing the heavy lifting. Only thing that will stop me is if there are an army of Generals with him. Please don't let there be more than one armored.

I am somewhat confident in these matchups.

Subaki v. Beruka - Retainer duel.

Palla v. Minerva - Older game fans better decide from the get-go who their champion is.

Cordelia v. Cherche - ...as with the Awakeners.

Hinoka v. Camilla - (NOOOOOOOOOOOO)

19 minutes ago, Wheat said:

I am somewhat confident in these matchups.

Subaki v. Beruka - Retainer duel.

Palla v. Minerva - Older game fans better decide from the get-go who their champion is.

Cordelia v. Cherche - ...as with the Awakeners.

Hinoka v. Camilla - (NOOOOOOOOOOOO)

I'd say that's a pretty good guess. If this is how it is going to go, I'm pretty sure this will be a repeat of last time though.

Because we all remember how that went...

YtjrtV2.jpg

Camilla over Hinoka

Cordelia over Cherche

Minerva over Palla

Subaki over Beruka

Round 2:

Minerva over Subaki

Camilla/Cordelia is hard to predict. Does Camilla Utterly Trounce Cordelia? In that case, she'll roll minerva in round 3. Does camilla win a close victory? Minerva might still win. Same with Cordelia.

Well Subs gained some fame from those videos of a japanese player beating the GHBs with 3* units. He was a regular in all of those. Frankly I associate him more with his japanese voice than his english one, just because of those videos.