FE Heroes Friend ID and Discussion Topic

Maelstrom

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tbh I have no idea how competitive this event will be. Like, just looking at the numbers so far, it looks like Lucina is just going to steamroll through.

As I am typing this, the score for Lucina vs. Sharena are

944, 539, 330 (Lucina) to 446, 760, 488 (Sharena). Your eyes are not deceiving you, that is a 500 million point lead there. We'll see how this plays out, but I think Lucina will destroy everyone in her path. Feel free to post the numbers from the other sides if you have them.

Erikia is trashing Elise, Chrom is dominating Alphonse, and Leo is fighting an pitched but losing battle against Ephraim. frankly unless all the losing armies come together around Ephraim Luci will win.

@Inactivity Probably not, although we'll most certainly going to see them as bosses in PvE. The game has to go somwhere after level 40.

Edited by doombotmecha

3 minutes ago, Inactivity said:

Meanwhile I'm just wondering.. will characters like Grima, Medeus, Ashera, the Black Knight etc. ever be playable? What do you think?

Possibly, but they might be held off because of spoilers. I doubt Nintendo would want the big bads to be revealed in their free game. Maybe none of the "new" games, at least.

Grima doesn't seem likely because his/her human form is Robin already and they would need to either make Grima a stone user for Fell Dragon form...

or have half of the map sprite covered in blackout like Grima is in Awakening.

20 minutes ago, Felix- said:

BTW CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE INSANE VERONICA WITH VOICES IN HER HEAD CASUALLY TELLING HER TO KILL PEOPLE WHILST SHE'S HAVING FKN TEA PARTIES?

Wait, you don't hear voices telling you to kill people when having tea? Or coffee? Clearly someone hasn't been to a Viking Tea Party lately.

I do find that interesting though. I'm betting she's possessed in some regard, much like in Sacred Stones. Which makes me wonder, if she's being used as a puppet, who, or what is the real threat here.

16 minutes ago, Combat said:

Wait, you don't hear voices telling you to kill people when having tea? Or coffee? Clearly someone hasn't been to a Viking Tea Party lately.

I do find that interesting though. I'm betting she's possessed in some regard, much like in Sacred Stones. Which makes me wonder, if she's being used as a puppet, who, or what is the real threat here.

Also worth noting that Xenologue 1 begins with Veronica focusing on Ephraim and Erika, so that was likely an intentional reference on the behalf of the writers.  

56 minutes ago, Wheat said:

Grima doesn't seem likely because his/her human form is Robin already and they would need to either make Grima a stone user for Fell Dragon form...

or have half of the map sprite covered in blackout like Grima is in Awakening.

Well, they wouldn't necessarily have to be a stone user. Just give them/it/whatever a random weapon color, call the weapon "Expiration" like in Awakening and have the animation be some kind of twisted, corrupted Robin summoning a dragon head that shoots a large ball of fell breath or makes spikes rise from the ground.

... And pretend that they/it/whatever it's pronouns are didn't cover half of the map in Awakening, yes.

8 hours ago, Inactivity said:

Meanwhile I'm just wondering.. will characters like Grima, Medeus, Ashera, the Black Knight etc. ever be playable? What do you think?

If Narcian and Reinhardt are playable then the Black Knight will definitely become playable eventually. Grima, Medeus, and Ashera I'm not so sure about but they might be possible.

Is it just me or is Saizo rather weaksauce? Makes me regret the 2k feathers to make him 4*. He needs the poison damage to actually make up for his lack of damage but he can't kill with it. He's good at support and setting up attacks against non-ranged or ranged countering units, but that makes him hard to level up. I'll probably end up using him as inheritance fodder. It might help to unlock his skill that debuffs enemies around the target.

In fact, Jeorge does his job a lot better. Hits hard, seals attack, and adj allies get a stat boost in battle. He feels a lot like takumi when it comes to just straight up taking enemy units out.

And Odin has some pretty weak attack too....

Kagero is better than Saizo, I guess. Especially with infantry being rather common in the current meta. And Odin probably isn't the best blue unit to begin with, sort of a "jack of all trades, master of none". He doesn't particulary excel at anything.

Yeah, Kagero definitely my favorite meta-unit killer.

Had to try out out some of the 4* summoning gave me recently. I spent like 50 on the prince focus and still haven't gotten one and the rate has increased to over 4% for 5* and focus. grr.

Oh yeah, it gave me awakening Tiki and her lightning breath really helps her out (retaliate from any range).

Lol I've played with Maelstrom's Kagero a couple of times in the new gauntlet and she's pretty nice.

New inherit skill feature is coming in about a week, can't wait to hear more about what this does.

43 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

Yeah, Kagero definitely my favorite meta-unit killer.

Mine would be Reinhardt at the moment. When you can literally one round any Takumi in the game and have triangle advantage against red you're pretty damn anti-meta. Only things he struggles with are green units, and Stahl almost physically can't lose to green units. Consider that Reinhardt also has Goad Cavalry and the fact that they can keep up with each other, and they make a great pair.

1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

And Odin has some pretty weak attack too....

1 hour ago, Inactivity said:

Kagero is better than Saizo, I guess. Especially with infantry being rather common in the current meta. And Odin probably isn't the best blue unit to begin with, sort of a "jack of all trades, master of none". He doesn't particulary excel at anything.

Yes but do keep in mind Odin has Blarblade which means literally any attack buff on him counts as double and every other buff give him an equal amount of attack as the other stat ((so Rally Speed used on him would be +4 Spd AND Attack. Odin not really a Jack of all trades unit he has Defiant Attack and some other skill. ((I think it's REdtomebreaker?)) anyway he's meant to be an attacker you just need a comp that focuses on him by buffing him. The problem here? If you have access to Nino or Tharja both are just... 5000% better. ((not to mention Defiant Attack is a rather outlandish dream on Odin as he's not really tanky enough to survive at around 50% to get it to activate.))

In short Odin is entirely lacklustre outside of buffing teams built around him but the others that you can do this with ((Tharja and Nino)) are more solid units. ((as both could actually be reasonably used on team not entirely focused on them.))

Further to the above, Saizo and Kags have... entirely different roles ((despite both being dagger users.)) Saizo is more meant for support and Kags actually does damage ((due to the effective bonuses.)). I think there's better buffers/debuffers than Saizo he's merely... okay. He can just chip and debuff at the same time and from a distance making him a bit safer than FCorrin ((though she's tanky enough to get in the fray.))

22 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Mine would be Reinhardt at the moment. When you can literally one round any Takumi in the game and have triangle advantage against red you're pretty damn anti-meta. Only things he struggles with are green units, and Stahl almost physically can't lose to green units. Consider that Reinhardt also has Goad Cavalry and the fact that they can keep up with each other, and they make a great pair.

Only frustrating thing there... Reinhardt tanks the possible score you can get in Arena due to his total BST being low which one has to account for. ((at least not right now due to the whole he gains bonus for you at the moment since Banner unit.)) the combo is probably solid enough there since they probably cover for each other decent. He's probably strong enough pick to warrant if just trying to get the score for feathers and not caring otherwise but if you want max score he's not currently all that runnable ((which seriously I hate that possible score for arena is based on BST of your units...))

1 hour ago, Hukuna the Undying said:

Yes but do keep in mind Odin has Blarblade

Yeah, and I was trying to give him buffs with both Jeorge and Saizo, since they both have Spur speed, but with his current stats being so low, it really didn't help enough.

And... I just pulled a 5* Linde. Is she any good?

I'm checking her skills and I'm not a fan of Ardent sacrifice. I mean, I guess it's good that you can have an attack unit that pull off a little bit of heal in a pinch, but that heal isn't strong enough to offset her own hp loss, especially since she looks to be glass canon-y. However with aura, it looks like she'd pair well with any of the dragons, especially Femui. Lead off with the bulky dragon to do damage and defuff, follow up with Linde's range attack right behind her to give Femui back 5 hp.

her lvl 1 stats are

Hp- 16

Atk- 22

Spd- 10

Def- 4

Res- 6

She could use a good Ability, Support, and B skill to help her out...

https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/hero/linde

Edit: Okay, totally replacing Odin with Linde. Maybe give her Odin's Moonbow (2 to charge, resolve as if foe suffered def/res- 30%) if it lets me or tomebreaker or defiant attack. He's got good skills. It just sucks that he kinda sucks too bad to make good use of 'em.

Linde is ridiculous. Have you ever played Fire Emblem: Blazing Blade? The closest parallel I can draw to Linde in this game is Lucius from Blazing Blade. Crazy high Mag, Spd, Res, with glass HP, and Def. Yours is unfortunately -Atk, +Res, but even then she'll reach stat caps of 35/46/39/14/30. Yes you read that right, 39 speed on neutral and 14 Def. Even with the minus attack nature she'll likely kill any non green unit you point her at.

3 hours ago, Hukuna the Undying said:

Only frustrating thing there... Reinhardt tanks the possible score you can get in Arena due to his total BST being low which one has to account for. ((at least not right now due to the whole he gains bonus for you at the moment since Banner unit.)) the combo is probably solid enough there since they probably cover for each other decent. He's probably strong enough pick to warrant if just trying to get the score for feathers and not caring otherwise but if you want max score he's not currently all that runnable ((which seriously I hate that possible score for arena is based on BST of your units...))

That's not a big deal because Reinhardt is my only 5* unit. He probably contributes more to my score in a normal round than any of my 4* units do.

So round two is up, and I'm surprised to see that Chrom is losing. I love Sacred Stones as much as the next guy (that was my first Fire Embelm I managed to beat back in high school) but I would have assumed Awakening had more of a fan base. Unless that fan base is all with Lucina. Who knows.

Anyways, if your army loses, do you get to choose a new one, or are you out until the next gauntlet? 

11 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

And... I just pulled a 5* Linde. Is she any good?

Edit: Okay, totally replacing Odin with Linde. Maybe give her Odin's Moonbow (2 to charge, resolve as if foe suffered def/res- 30%) if it lets me or tomebreaker or defiant attack. He's got good skills. It just sucks that he kinda sucks too bad to make good use of 'em.

I'll just note quickly for Odin Mael... Spur Skills do not trigger Blarblade. It must be one that applies a buff at all times. ((so Saizo and Jeorge don't actually give him damage.)) it has to be through Rally Skills, Hone/Fortify, or Defiant skills ((hence why Odin has Defiant Attack.)). It can't be Spur or ward.

As for Linde she's kinda the best blue mage in the game. like... period. Her natural stats are enough to carry her without considering her abilities/skills at all. If you can transfer specials with the skill inherit giving her any special that does damage or increases her damage would make her flat out insane. ((or really any skills to further it.)) Her nat Speed and attack are some of the highest in the game so Red units are going to cry. Aura's effect is pretty good too giving some amounts of HP to your allied units allwoing them to survive an extra hit possibly. But ye if you have Linde she's probably the blue mage you should use. ((like her stats alone...)) one could argue a case for Olwen/Rein ((due to their Brave TOmes and somewhat existent bulk.)) but Linde is seriosuly one of the strongest units you can roll at the moment.

The reasons that Ephraim has been tying with Chrom:

Memelord with "Disgusting" and his wonderful special quotes.

Most of the Awakening fanboys are voting for Lucina anyways (not that Awa is a bad game, per say, it's just that Lucina's a girl,  and so......)

frankly I'm surprised and kind of worried that Ephraim is doing so badly. did we really all blow our flags on Leo?

Chrom v. Lucina in the finals will be sad.

13 minutes ago, doombotmecha said:

Most of the Awakening fanboys are voting for Lucina anyways (not that Awa is a bad game, per say, it's just that Lucina's a girl,  and so......)

I voted for Luceena, even though if my inner Fire Emblem fan does prefer Ephraim. I don't get the whole "waifu" hype around Lucina, anyway. (Yeah, it's probably because Awakening was the saving grace of the Fire Emblem franchise and that many people started playing the series because of it. Still.. ugh. At least I was on the winning side, I guess.) I'm wondering how things would've developed if they included Lyn in the gauntlet, since she also seems to be a very popular Fire Emblem character. Perhaps even more popular than Lucina.