Lin Theory

Therrester

So based on Laura's dialogue in Tanzan Depths, we know that there used to be a girl younger than the twins called Lin who lived at the orphanage with everyone else. According to Laura, she was a little shit who terrorized everyone, until she pulled a fast one on Sigmund and he had a punished. After that incident, Lin disappeared; the children assuming she either escaped or died. Based on Lin's dialogue to Sapphira before their brief clash, it's clear that she knows the three sisters on a personal level. Furthermore, the sisters and the doctor keep saying there's something familiar about adult Lin, but they can't place her.

Adrienn traveled forwards in time, from prior to a decade from the current time, to the time the story takes place. However, what's stopping the opposite from happening? What if child Lin managed to escape the orphanage but fell down into the Citae d'Arc and, while doing so, traveled through time to Adrienn's time a decade prior? This would make sense, considering xe mentioned seeing a little girl climbing her way out of the ruin shortly after he fell in. So the two end up falling into Arceus' chamber and end up swapping years. Child Lin climbs out in the past and matures into Adult Lin until she reaches the current years once more. This would explain why none of the characters familiar with child Lin recognize her yet she does, because why would they link adult Lin to the child Lin they know? Child Lin was younger than the twins, so there's no way she could have matured into an adult since her disappearance.

Furthermore, we know something's up with Lin, a lot of people theorizing that the voice we hear when leaving the Citae d'Arc is child Lin's. Even Anna says that "there was no one there", when talking about Lin's clash with Sapphira, despite everyone telling her that there was indeed someone riding that Hydreigon. This, coupled with the fact that old Reborn League quotes suggest Lin has another self and the fact that we hear a voice talking when the player character leaves the Citae d'Arc for the first time, suggest that something happened to her.

Regardless, she lives the following decade, maturing into the power-hungry Lin we know and love. She meets Solaris, an advocate of the church of Arceus and, using her knowledge of what she potentially saw below Reborn City, bastardizes his faith and makes him turn Meteor (a group he was already leading at that point) into the criminal organization it is today. We know that, at the very least, the last point happens because Taka mentions his father being a lot more compassionate before meeting Lin. Even Elias' journal describes Solaris as somewhat of a better person than his current character suggests.

EDIT: After just replaying the scene with Adrienn, it sees xe was only down there for a decade at the most; not centuries. I seem to have misremembered. Edited the post to have that fixed.

Edited by Therrester

I aggre with most of this however I'm not sure about the centuries part, years maybe a decade at best. Also I'm pretty sure Lin stayed for a while with Terra's parents as an adopted child. They might have "bonded" in a strange way. It is also Lin who introduced Terra and Lin is quite tolerant of Terra's antics. The timing of this adoption is however uncertain. The question is wheter it happened before she fell down the fairy ring or after. If it is after it might explain why Terra knows so much about Arceus, but before makes sense as well.

3 hours ago, FairFamily said:

I aggre with most of this however I'm not sure about the centuries part, years maybe a decade at best. Also I'm pretty sure Lin stayed for a while with Terra's parents as an adopted child. They might have "bonded" in a strange way. It is also Lin who introduced Terra and Lin is quite tolerant of Terra's antics. The timing of this adoption is however uncertain. The question is wheter it happened before she fell down the fairy ring or after. If it is after it might explain why Terra knows so much about Arceus, but before makes sense as well.

You are correct on the decade. For some reason, I thought Adrienn lived way back in the day and the city was much older. But I just replayed the scene where you all escape the underground ruins and xe claims it was just a decade ago. 

Lin living at Terra's also makes sense. A child Lin would have escaped the ruins with no where to go, a decade prior to her "disappearance". Terra's parents could have adopted her, and the two girls would have grown up together. Explained why Terra's part of Meteor. More so than her explanation of "being bored".

A little bit too complicated theorycrafting imo, Ockham's razor guys; simpliest answers are the best. People cant recognise Lin, cos they saw her for a short time, a lot of years ago, yet they can remember such person. Btw Shade might as well be gender-fluid.

However some of this might be more or less on point, especially about Lin - Terra - Arceus connections, but I rather support theory, that Terrra has place in Meteor thx to her mysterious access to Arceus. Splitting time would make Lin`s ''adult'' body some kind of avatar, impostor, real Lin is driving this body from somewhere, or some time, like, hmm... Citae? Fact that Anna didnt see her indicates she`s ''empty''. Interesting, but remember guys, we dont have many episodes left to fit a lot of plot there, and there are other plotlines that need resolving.

I wonder how much of fun Ame and other people from old online league have when, or if, they`re reading such topics...